Swap my glanza for a 240sx?

My mate has a pretty nice 240sx 137324 miles on the clock i have been noticing that the 240 is going up in value across the uk/us and im wondering if it would be a smart move to make some cash on the side and get a glanza back in the future when i have some funds to go forged and build a beast, i do love the 240 he has and it looks fantastic but i want second opinions.

most 240's on the market are going for £5k+ , also on the rise as well and sell quite fast when glanza's are fairly hard to sell, and take a while to find the right buyer and he said he might do a direct swap for my glanza.

Let me know what you think!

Here are a few photos

Please note the front wheels have been sorted and on decent alloys now not one random stock wheel haha

post-14798-0-87406700-1492022875.jpg

post-14798-0-66355600-1492022880.jpg

post-14798-0-03142700-1492022891.jpg

Edited by wakeabby14

In person the condition is not to bad to be honest, there are worse examples on gumtree and across the web selling for 4.5k-5.5k but of course i would rather keep the glanza just thought it could be a decent opportunity for some cash to be made! thanks for the input i will deffo have a good think about it! I probs wont swap it but i just wanted some opinions on it! Cheers josh

I'm guessing that's AJ's? I really like it but hasn't he had loads of problems with it? like its constantly got something wrong with it?

Yeah that is aj's indeed! I have been to a few meets recently with him and it seems to be running pretty fine now as he has done quite a bit of work to it recently like respraying panels and bits and bobs. he keeps saying to me he wants a glanza back and kept hinting for a swap nothing 100% i just wanted some opinions he does not really know im interested at the moment i just think it is a really attractive car. haha still love my glanza though 100%

What's the spec of your glanza? Even in that 240 will appreciate a hell of a lot faster than a glanza (if starlets ever will that much). Depends if you are in it for a car you like or the money

My current glanza spec is..

Zisco ramhorn manifold

CT9B with HKS actuator set at 1bar

FMIC

Magnacore HT leads

Iridiums H7's

Oil catch can

Decat

Polished rocker cover

Full stainless exhaust

Pillar pod with 3 gauges

Momo steering wheel

ect... ect..

I'd be way to embarrassed to be seen driving that SX pal. Looks like an ape built it in a shed with hammers. If it were a stock SX with good mileage in excellent nick, I'd prob lean towards a swap as like you say, all the SXs are creeping up in value, just look at how much a mint low miler 200 goes for. But there's the caveat, they do need to be in great condition and as close to standard as possible. And that's down to the drifting scene (or apes with hammers) ruining most of the 240's/200's which hasn't left many good examples left.

Edited by t'mill

They're going up in value as more and more of them die. There's a reason they're dying. Rust + retards firing them into walls/roundabouts/other traffic when the car outruns there talent.

I've always been a fan of the SX but more and more of them are dying.

If I went for that trade, I'd end up sinking a minimum of £2k into it to get it back to a presentable state, chances are you wouldn't see a profit after that