My mental girfriend!

Hi all,

I know it's random but i have to mention it as im really proud of her.

My girlfriend, Siobhan, is currently in training to be in the winter Olympics as an Aerial Skier. Basically you ski down a big ramp up into the air and do some moves. But trust me it's a lot harder than it looks and sounds. She was spotted doing trampolining by some bulb who wanted her to be in the Olympic team. She is very good on the trampoline and is now getting very good on the skis as well.

And to make you a little jealous, every trip to Austria and Switzerland is paid for by Snow Sports England (I think thats who pays anyway), and all her gear like skis clothes etc.

Well enough chatting. Here are some pics of the recent trips.

n765860454_2346509_8800.jpg

n765860454_2346510_9052.jpg

n765860454_2346507_8298.jpg

n578110840_641469_3354.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

DSC03845.jpg

DSC03841.jpg

DSC03839.jpg

Comments welcome.

Bourkey

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the nice comments guys as im really proud of her.

Unfortunately she is injured at the moment from the last competetion. She landed on the ramp after the jump but the ski stuck in the snow and she ruptured a tendon by twisting her knee. She was in agony but she was more upset she was unable to compete for the rest of the trip.

@ Rick - What does

she must be ubes for pais mate.
I struggle to understand your ubes language sometimes. Im not ube enough.

Bourkey

I hope not lol.

Don't worry i've checked. :(

And yes im still curious at what Rick and Eks are on about.

Thanks for all the comments guys and girls. I really appreciate it.

Siobhan wants me to have a go at skiing or snowboarding but im a bt of a wimp when it comes to th cold and getting hurt. One of the reason why i like cars. But you never know one day i might. Pretty expensive sport though, luckily she has it paid for.

Bourkey

Don't worry i've checked. :(

And yes im still curious at what Rick and Eks are on about.

Thanks for all the comments guys and girls. I really appreciate it.

Siobhan wants me to have a go at skiing or snowboarding but im a bt of a wimp when it comes to th cold and getting hurt. One of the reason why i like cars. But you never know one day i might. Pretty expensive sport though, luckily she has it paid for.

Bourkey

I tried skiing at the indoor centre in braehead... not easy at all. imagine driving with your hands and feet tied up... you have about that much control when your learning.

holy fark!!! that is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dude, your GF is ULTIMATE!!!! just...ultimate!!!!! thats pure uberness, skiin rocks, i love it!!!! i wish her all the very best!!! keep us updated!!!! i'll cheer for her if u tell me when she'll be on TV!!!! hell yeah!

James' Mrs' UKSC Fanclub!!!!

Phil.

:(:D

Thanks a lot Phil.

I'll definately keep you updated with her progress. Siobhan will be going out again in June if all is ok with her knee. She started Physio today and is having an MRI scan to see the actual damage of her knee. She shouldn't have been walking on it for a while but she already is so she is making good progress.

She was actually on Blue Peter recently promoting the sport come to think of it. I'll let you know if she hits the screens again. :p

Bourkey