Markoos' JAM powered Glanza V

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers for the offer mate but i dont fancy driving anywhere distant in this weather plus bit busy friday. just keep it in the car and next time i c u ill get it :D

in other words paul he wants me and doesnt want to come and see u!!!! :D

Guest cheshireglanza
in other words paul he wants me and doesnt want to come and see u!!!! :)

Luke you still free between the times off 9am to 3pm and 7pm till late markoos no's why i have picked these times :):p

Well its been a long time coming but here is the update :unsure:

Found a bargain of a ECU in the form of a JAM plug and play:

DSCF1345.jpg

DSCF1344.jpg

So happy with this especially as the original seals are still in place B)

Also got an exedy clutch as its slipping at the moment and will defo need changing when i fit the ecu and go to a BAR B)

DSCF1346.jpg

DSCF1347.jpg

and i also bought a mounting kit for a civic rad for when i get one next month:

DSCF1348.jpg

Seeing as it was nice and sunny today i washed the car for the first time in 3 weeks so thought id take some pics :(

DSCF1343.jpg

DSCF1340.jpg

DSCF1341.jpg

DSCF1342.jpg

Hope you like, all comments welcome as usual!

Markoos

Get in there

Oh yeeeeeeeeeeah boi! i was shittin it tht it wouldnt turn up lol

hott!!! just, HOTT!!!

oh, and the car aint half bad neither!!!! B)

Phil.

Lol cheers phil you sex monkey! gonna go on the rollers when its all set up

Noicee purchase :unsure:

Best purchase yet me thinks!

Came to fit my JAM ecu and the car is misfiring in cylinder 1 and 2, changed the leads, dizzy and rotar arm and no difference :D checking the sparks tomorrow and im hoping that they are fucked otherwise its something more serious :D

have you sorted misfire yet or have you killed other headgasket think your head might have been skimmed to many times now and how much do you hit fuel cut

it isnt sorted yet but chris from the meet is coming to have a look at it for me on wednesday all the way from stockport! what a guy, also said he has a sapre engine incase mine needs a head gasket

• 3 weeks later...

Well this has been 5 weeks coming! aprox 5 weeks ago the head gasket went on my car and last night we cracked on and fixed it!

We towed the car to the garage by rope (scariest thing i have ever done!!!) and got on with it, started at 10:30pm and finished at 5 am. I would like to say a MASSIVE thanks to luke for towing my car and an even bigger thanks to Cheshireglanza and Nastyrash2003 for staying up until 5 am doing the head gasket on the car with me and fitting the JAM ecu without these guys i would be for lack of better word FUCKED!

A few snaps from start to finish:

DSCF1377.jpg

DSCF1378.jpg

DSCF1381.jpg

DSCF1382.jpg

Paul decided to fit the ecu without a picture so take my word for it there is a JAM ecu behind there lol

DSCF1383.jpg

DSCF1385.jpg

DSCF1388.jpg

DSCF1389.jpg

DSCF1391.jpg

Head Gasket was burn out!

DSCF1390.jpg

DSCF1392.jpg

DSCF1400.jpg

DSCF1401.jpg

DSCF1404.jpg

Paul under my car :p

DSCF1405.jpg

All finished!

DSCF1406.jpg

DSCF1407.jpg

The JAM ecu makes this car so aggressive it's unreal! I loooooooooooove my car!

Now, something that baffled us all is this:

You will notice the number 2 about each cylinder which is normal

DSCF1393.jpg

Then we see this bad boy:

DSCF1399.jpg

That would be a number 1 in the third cylinder but as you can see it is meant to be a number 1, never seen this before! What generation of GT engine is this? Just doesnt make much sense :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking!

Markoos

Looking at it Mark someone has use the wrong piston in that engine there's 3 different sizes of pistons 1,2 and 3 this is maybe why you keep burning through heads gaskets.

Fuck me you guys dont mess about awesome work mate im glad you have got here back on the road so quick :thumbsup: Ohh and fucking LOL at the pic of Luke haha

Yeah mate we cracked on with it, just dosed up on pepsi lol

Looking at it Mark someone has use the wrong piston in that engine there's 3 different sizes of pistons 1,2 and 3 this is maybe why you keep burning through heads gaskets.

Yeah thats what we thought at first BUT it says 1 on the block you see so its meant to have a number 1 piston in there :S