Markoos' JAM powered Glanza V

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick post to let you know that i have had to have a completely new engine put into the car due to what has happened and luke ill be posting pictures shortly to fully explain and show pictures.

Just a quick update on marks behalf as I have the pictures.

Marks engine recently snapped a con rod on cylinder 4 causing alsorts of trouble but upon my bro inlaw investigating at the same time of replacing marks engine came to find out the chain of events that lead to marks old engine going into early retirement LOL.

Mark had a decat fitted by a garage near heaton park , middleton, manchester and as far as mark was aware everything was fitted correctly and sound and drove it as you would unknowing that the machanic had rushed the job forgetting to tighten up/miss several bolts.

The after market decat mark bought came with a brace as the original one had and lined up to the orignal bolt holes, well the so called machanic failed to replace these bolts when fitting causing the decat, turbo and mani to move, in doing so cracked the oil feed pipe to the turbo resulting in loss of oil, the pil pressure dropped causing the main shells to go and also piston 4 to seize in the cylinder causing rod number 4 to snap which then punched a hole in the bottom of the block and also banged about in the bottom of the engine causing damage to the sump and crank.

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

marks new engine in.

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

Thanks for letting me update your thread mark

Luke

that sucks. are you gonna sue them?

i feel a bit sick looking at them pics to be honest mate, yeah i am going to be taking legal action against them as they are not willing to cover the costs i have incurred.

is the car running yet budy? :mellow:

yeah shes running, just waiting for her to be dropped off :wub:

Guest ep82_girl

i have heard of a similar case to this where bolts were not done up properly causing something to break (cant remember what!!!)

took a long time to fight but he won in the end. think you will be looking at a small claims court case.

need to start gettin eveidence together and lots of piccies and other mechanics opinions

x

Guest cheshireglanza
that why you would need other mechanics to say what they think :mellow: that is a major problem and can go against you :wub:

just gotta try and fight it as best as u can!

xx

think this could be a very long case :p

ah havnt looked in here for a while, that proper sucks mark buddy :mellow:

still these things happen, least you got another engine in and running and should all be good.

as stated will be long trying to get compensation back from the garage but definitely dont give up on it. such shit mechanics shouldn't be allowed near cars!! :wub:

cheers for all the comments guys.

i know it will probably take a while to get sorted just dont see why i should pay for some stupid mechanics fuck up.

and the engine i bought needs new valve seals which means a new head gasket :mellow:

Glad your on top of it Mark / Luke, hope to se it on the 6th.

As above cant see how it can move unless there was only one bolt in the decat.

Cheers david i'll be there one way or another lol

The reason the decat has moved is because of the exhaust weighing it down as it is a very high grade of stainless it weights a tonne which is specifically why it needs to be braced :mellow:

so because the decat wasnt braced the oil feed snapped?

mines isnt braced how could there have been so much movment to cause it to bend like that?

there won't of been.. Just becuase it isn't braced the turbo ain't gonna move atal when it's bolted to a Mani that's bolted to the head.. The only reason why it would move is if mark had a poor quality mani that has flexed/moved when it's become hot, but it's still gotta move along way to snap/break that oil feed..

My mates flange feel off his mani, and that only put a tiny tear in the oil feed.. (his decat was unbraced)

I'm not trynna come up with excuses for this garage, as they obisouly didn't do what they were supposed to, but I'd be very surprised if just an unbraced decat has caused that much destruction..oil pump could of gone and done them bearings etc..

Anyways, glad you've got her back on the road dude :mellow: has come along way since I last saw it !

there won't of been.. Just becuase it isn't braced the turbo ain't gonna move atal when it's bolted to a Mani that's bolted to the head.. The only reason why it would move is if mark had a poor quality mani that has flexed/moved when it's become hot, but it's still gotta move along way to snap/break that oil feed..

My mates flange feel off his mani, and that only put a tiny tear in the oil feed.. (his decat was unbraced)

I'm not trynna come up with excuses for this garage, as they obisouly didn't do what they were supposed to, but I'd be very surprised if just an unbraced decat has caused that much destruction..oil pump could of gone and done them bearings etc..

Anyways, glad you've got her back on the road dude :mellow: has come along way since I last saw it !

Hey man, yeah its defo come a long way since ive had it.

it was defo the mechanic as the bolt holding turbo/mani etc were all only hand tight aswell which is why it was flexing under the weight of the exhaust so much.

the mani is a jam cast mani so defo not cheap

Hey man, yeah its defo come a long way since ive had it.

it was defo the mechanic as the bolt holding turbo/mani etc were all only hand tight aswell which is why it was flexing under the weight of the exhaust so much.

the mani is a jam cast mani so defo not cheap

ah right that makes sense then, if the turbo to the mani was loose.. I wasn't sure which mani you had, which is why I put 'if' :lol: lol

if everything was tight you wouldn't have a problem with an unbraced decat and cast mani..

What's the plan with it now ?