Who can remember the Sega Megadrive?

I downloaded an emulator and all the old games I used to play... they are so much fun but SO F**KING FRUSTRATING and some of them are unbelievable hard, I can't imagine playing them as a child...

Who else remembers back in the day before Playstation and X Box? :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

streets of rage ftw!!

I loved that game, I remember there was one level if you pressed the wrong thing it took you back to a few levels before or something :S

Would be good to find an online multiplayer emulator, Sega MD games were always best on two player

I have my original console with games stored away somewhere. I had the bigger version of the console which came with Super Hang On and Safari Hunt built in, also came with a gun for shooting games.

Anyone remember Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse on there, one of my fave games on that console.

Im a bit to oldskool for this...

I still got my Master System with sonic preloaded on the console B)

The predisesor to the Megadrive B)

Thats what its all about!

I can remember the countless times when i cried because i couldnt beat the damb thing! :lol:

i got a snes emulator on my pc... starwing, amazing game.

I got a snes adapter for my megadrive it was ubes, used to play my mates games on it (perticularly one which was a maze type game and was similar to zelda)

old games were pro. actual proper games, difficult or almost impossible. awesome storylines or just ube gameplay. and they didnt need fancy graphics to do it.

those were the days. none of this need for speed SHITE.

Mortal Kombat FTW!!!

@ Ady - i remember that castle of illusion game. I do believe it had donald duck in it aswell. I can remember that vehicle that you have to jump up and down on the lever to get it to move!!!LOL :lol:

sonic 1 was at the start menu you pushed up, down, left, right, a, b and then start.

Sonic 2 was you had to go to the sound options menu, then sound demo and then go to number 19, 65, 9, 17 pressing a after each one. Then you had to hold "a" and press the start button a load of times.

Christ i wish i had a memory like this for uni.