Built to munch 'Ring 2009

Setting this up now. As you know late August this year we went to the 'Ring for a few days. Next year we're planning the same trip, concentrating on the 'Ring itself.

We're planning (subject to ring calender) to go around mid August 2009 from Friday till tuesday (allowing for a final quiet day on the track)

The trip will go from Harwich on the ferry to Hook van Holland where we'll drive directly to Adenau, staying at the Hotel an Der Nordechliefe. The hotel offers rooms with up to 3 beds (apartments) and garages on a first come first served basis.

I'd budget around £800 for the trip at a minimum. This breaks down as follows:

£110 for 3 nights at the hotel (per person, based on 3 sharing a room)

£110 ferry return from Harwich/Hook Van Holland

£50 tolls (this can vary depending on route)

£80 food and drinks (again varies per person, being a piss head isn't advisable if you want to tackle the most demanding race curcuit in the world)

£150 ring tickets (again depends on lap numbers)

£300 fuel (depending on car)

We'll be going anyway (muthaducka, adamr32 and myself) but this is an open invitation to join an organised trip. The route, accomodation, travel will all be organised subject to participants paying whatever fees are due, whenever they're due :D

For the trip we'll also have a nightSpirit van to trailer the trackstar, if anyone wants to store tyres/parts/bags etc in the van they can do so, all we ask is that each person doing so contributes to the cost of the van hire. We'll also have a full suite of tools available and help on hand for any minore repairs.

Who's up for it? If you're in, you're in...especially when we start paying and booking accomodation early in the year.

Copy and paste the list below with your name included. Nearer the time you'll receive a pm asking for further details.

1) NightSpirit

2) AdamR32

3) Muthaducka

would you say 700 per car? or person? also when will we need to pay??

me and si are up for this anyway...

1) NightSpirit

2) AdamR32

3) Muthaducka

4) Fishy89

5) Rob_bee*r

van sounds good...we may need to take lots of tyres/shafts/gearboxs :D

I've edited the first post with a breakdown of costs...roughly.

For anyone who's been before and just wants to travel in a group, no problem. For everyone else we can run a fully organised trip in exchange for some beers and sex. I'd say we'd be aiming to start collecting money for the rooms (in full) and the ferry around 02/09 all being well...mods can we keep the thread pinned as it may go a while without a post till then.

Enzo, I'd like to make the trip a nightSpirit/ringMuncher's thing but would love to have some uksc tie-ins aswell..that means you need to come man and show us your skillz :lol:

After watching my video again, I want to get back to improve on my effort.

I've edited the first post with a breakdown of costs...roughly.

For anyone who's been before and just wants to travel in a group, no problem. For everyone else we can run a fully organised trip in exchange for some beers and sex. I'd say we'd be aiming to start collecting money for the rooms (in full) and the ferry around 02/09 all being well...mods can we keep the thread pinned as it may go a while without a post till then.

Enzo, I'd like to make the trip a nightSpirit/ringMuncher's thing but would love to have some uksc tie-ins aswell..that means you need to come man and show us your skillz ;)

After watching my video again, I want to get back to improve on my effort.

would have came this year but couldent due to monetry issues, im definatly there next year

means i can concentrait on athena over the winter preping for the trip

1) NightSpirit

2) AdamR32

3) Muthaducka

4) Fishy89

5) Rob_bee*r

6) Glanza Love + Bro (possibly in his car.. french piss)

7) enzo

we're rockin wi the best!

Hey, am quiote interested but the money your talking about seems a bit steep. We went in May this year and nobody took more than £500, we stayed in apartments which were brand new right oposite the rin, just up form the mazda garage. Also why are you getting that ferry we went form dover to calais and got dirve all teh roads and autoBahns. I don't mean to sound patronising in the slightest akm just interested in your choices as its something we are thinking of organising again..

cheers Minxy...

We do that route as it's most accessible to the rest of the UK (not all from the south) plus it's time to chill on the ferry...oh and it's a much shorter route via Den Hage. The AutoBahn's are shite in a EP...M3 or Porsche perhaps but a 1.3? come on lol

I suppose you can do it on any budget, anyone wanting to come with us is basically coming with us, not paying us...we'll just organise the hotel and travel etc...makes it easier.

You may end up spending 500, or may end up spending 2k...it all depends on what you want to do and what your budget allows :D

As I said originally, nobody has to come with us, we're going anyway, it's just an open invite for uksc. Anyway. I'm in Mexico and the sun is calling me!

will you be doing this as an annual thing, or just for next year?

if in say 2 years time, your still doing it, i would be highly interested, even if its just for the drive to the ring and back, and not even driving the ring :lol:

minxy i reckon 700 is cheap cheap.. i can probs see myself getting through 2k with rob... tires, wheel barings.. anything else that could happen to your car.. you need money as a back up!

fuel...fuel...and more fuel..550's FTL :lol: