Just got a few lil bits, one pointless but smart the other more useful - had never seen these before so thought why not

IMG_1021.jpg

and also, took my HIDs out and have changed to Philips X-Treme Power bulbs which have made a nice difference

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick came over last night and fitted the brass linkages in replacement of the crappy old rubber ones, much tighter changes and far less wobble

Cheers mate

those few bits still havent arrived yet, but hopefully Riko is coming over tonight to perform sexual acts on me :D

• 3 weeks later...

i originally had the optional factory Recaros - then just removed the seat mounts and bolted them onto these bad boys which i got because they matched the rear bench

nah im not a mechanic, but i like getting my hands dirty and Rick and Jordan are very helpful

only just got back from Cyprus, what fun lol - the guy i was staying with had an Evo I've FQ360 as a company car lol and got my next diving qualification Advanced Open Water now woo!

Only back one day and a little mod update for you...

Well all I've done really is fit the Punto mk2 rear wiper but it looks a lot cleaner on there than the original Toyota one, has anyone changed the front ones though?

Before

DSC01885.jpg

DSC01886.jpg

After

DSC01887.jpg

DSC01888.jpg

How does it work?

it sweeps from side to side :)

only kidding it is quite effective but not as long a blade area as standard but easily enough to see through

also fitted some APP braided lines yesterday lushness

It is all starting to take shape now, have some pics on my phone and Rick has some to upload for me too

I picked up my forged block (Pauter rods & 74.5mm Ross pistons) last night and also thanks to Sheekey supplying the valves seals i have started to put together my custom head (angled valves, ported and polished, Cruise valve springs) - have only got so far as putting 4 of the exhaust valves in but hey its all progress!

So not long hopefully before im at the running in stage, still need:

Greddy Profec B-Spec II (ordered)

Emanage Ultimate

New Rocker Cover

Uprated injectors

Iridium sparkplugs

then it can all go together woo!

Here are some pics of the head and inlet manifold work i have had done, the head has had this done:

- Chemically cleaned

- Full port and combustion chamber port & polish

- Port dividers knife edged

- Combustion chamber deshrouded

- All flash marks on combustion chamber removed

- Combustion chamber volumes matched

- Ports Matched/Enlargened

- 3 Angle valve job

Head.jpg

Head2.jpg

DSC01903.jpg

DSC01904.jpg

DSC01905.jpg

DSC01906.jpg

with all the Cruise springs, valves and new seals

DSC01908.jpg

DSC01907.jpg

and my forged block:

DSC01897.jpg

DSC00001-1.jpg

DSC00002-2.jpg

DSC01898.jpg

DSC01900.jpg

DSC01901.jpg

DSC01902.jpg

which i suppose are gonna need an uprated turbo setup...

KIF_0032.jpg

KIF_0030.jpg

...will that do? ;)

Will be changing wastegate for a Tial soon though!

dont wna keep u waiting too long lol, not engine upgrade unfortunately, but did get my other ALP fitted last night and the duck spoiler so will get pics up of that tonight hopefully

Cheers Jordan

Here don't say I don't spoil you the pictures of the duck spoiler fitted:

DSC01915.jpg

DSC01914.jpg

DSC01913.jpg

Oh and also my Headtune 4E-FTE throttle body, some pretty clean work i must say look:

DSC01909.jpg

DSC01910.jpg

DSC01911.jpg

DSC01912.jpg

all coming together now, oh by the way Riko i have your tb too

Received this little bad boy today, its all coming together now

DSC01916.jpg

but this was the envelope with my final exhaust valve seal in, in the exact state it came thru my door today from Sheekey, arseholes:

DSC01917.jpg

DSC01918.jpg

Received valve seal yesterday thanks to Sheekey, so valve work is complete in the block with buckets in place need to get round to getting some vernier callipers to measure the width of the shims tho and get that done

also masked the block up ready for black engine enamel woo!

Right block has been painted 3 coats of satin black engine enamel, looking quite smart i must say and inlet mani has had three coats of aluminium coloured heat paint - also looks rather sexay, now just need to do the same to the tb and possibly the head, but there isnt much to paint on that lol

have pics at home, havent had a chance to put em up yet tho

• 2 weeks later...

all is sprayed now, just waiting on the throttle body bolts, so i can spray those and get the inlet mani and tb together, also picking up head bolt tool from Rick tonight so head, head gasket and block can be as one lol

also dunno whether it will make much difference, but bought something from RHD, only cost me £43 delivered and thought it would at least look cool so why not?!

Attain.jpg

Its an Attain KSP Hi-Throttle, which reduces the accelerator stroke by 20% and gives off a very direct feeling. This will also increase throttle response because of the quicker opening and closing that can be controlled by foot modulation.

sozai1.gif

not much to report at the mo, all studs for inlet mani and exhauts mani are in place, head gasket is on and head is sat on top of block, head bolts are only finger tight at the mo tho - Rick will help me with my tightness hopefully on thursday

happily as well now my inlet mani and throttle bidy are as one again

pics to follow when cams go in

made some good progress last night, head is on, torqued and the cams are in and shimmed, hopefully theyr right

just got a few bits on order from Sheekey then it'll be very close to going in, just need to get rocker cover powder coated, emanage ultimate wired correctly with sensors and tial wastegate fitted

had a pit of a panic yesterday tho because jeff didnt wna start! he went through a foot deep puddle the day before and wasnt happy bout it! All is ok now tho he dried off and is now ubing the streets of kent again - altho may need new lights and indicators as theyr quite grimey inside now :)

all practically together now, all sensors on inlet mani are on too now, as is Attain Hi-Throttle (that Rick dropped!)

DSC01925.jpg

DSC01926.jpg

DSC01927.jpg

DSC01928.jpg

DSC01929.jpg

coming along nicely, just need Sheekey to get back to me bout those bolts then i can get it timed up too woo!

few more lil bits done yesterday, block is now timed and spark plugs are in, also tried the tubby kit and have analysed potential problems, I am now just getting some of the parts to pre-emp these probs

fingers crossed this will be soon, sadly not before JAE though

Jeff is now the proud owner of Chu's carbon fibre centre console and binacle surround, also now has a TRD dial surround which all looks ubes, ill get pics up later after work hopefully

very impressed with the fit, but centre console needs slight trimmage to fit head unit on lol, had that with GLS console tho so no big deal

Here is my new carbon fibre adorned interior

DSC01939.jpg

DSC01937.jpg

DSC01938.jpg

DSC01940.jpg

DSC01941.jpg

DSC01942.jpg

it is gna need some adjusting to fit, the centre console needs to be heated and shaped a bit better, the buttons needed some modding to fit, still not all in line but will be and the hole for the stereo enlarged, the binacle surround needs some adjusting to get the right angle at the front but not too big a job at all, all in all im very happy with it

also have fitted a O/E rear fog button and coin holder, the hole above is for the tell-tale light for the fog

DSC01936.jpg

and if you havent guessed already its summer, because...

DSC01935.jpg

...the white wheels are on!!!

• 2 weeks later...