• 1 month later...
  • Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All set to start on friday now cant believe it!

But Joz has cast aspersions bout whether we have the right bearings for the lsds, so he is looking into that and my royal purple supplier has no gearbox oil and has been out since november (sold my last stuff to Mikey!), so other temporary stuff has been ordered, hope its here soon!

Other than that im psyched to start ripping the car apart and cant wait for it to happen!

Woah! what a weekend, took me n Rick bout four hours to get the engine out in the end! One of the drive shafts got stuck and we had to cut off the CV boot to get it out! Also the rear mount mustv been welded on lol took so long to take off!

Then when I finally took my gearbox down to Kingy to fit the LSD i find out all the seals have been ordered incorrectly so thats £280 down the drain (hope not), so its gna be another 4/5 days for those parts to come in so i'm without Jeff for a week at least and I have to hire an engine crane again. So annoyed.

Jeff will be sat in the garage again andthrough no fault of my own or Rick the car remains undriveable!

On a funnier note when we took the box out, dizzy and rotor were like new even thought theyr at least 20k old and the clutch was completely flat, how i pulled away I will never know. Also mnaged to stick the engine through the air con rad, lucky we'd drained it, so need another one of them.

No pics taken, will take some when its all finished.

thanks man, think I may have one but i'll let u know if i need it

unlike every other part on my car the gearbox came off easily and has been a gem to work on, just waiting bout 4/5 days for the correct seals to arrive from Belgium of all places, we also had to cut the cv boot to get the shaft put, I have received replacement for that now tho

im not selling the binacle yet mate, c-pillar came from Rick he bought it for his but didn't use it

thanks for the faith :thumbsup:

i reckon not inc turbo etc, 300 for work, 400 for ross pistons, 350 for pauter rods (unboxed but unused), 250 for cruse cams, £400 for headwork - guess £1700-1800 in total

yea man no doubt on that, gna enjoy it daily lol im hoping for between 220 and 250 well with in the K24s capabilites

few updates for this weekend, got my LSD-filled gearbox back now, I have also cleaned up and de-sealanted the sump as well as respraying it

Re-fitted the rear engine mount for installation and cleaned up the gearbox ready for painting

Would like to have it in and running by the weekend!

Last night spent an hour and a half cleaning my engine bay, also painted the gearbox and sump to match the block, hopefully Rick and I are putting the whole lot together and dropping it in maybe sunday night if possible - fingers crossed

Forgot to post these at the time, but here are some pics of during and after the sexual Kingy put my LSD in, glad i didnt have to do it!

Gbox.jpg

Gbox2.jpg

This is after we took the engine out and I cleaned the bay up

DSC02099.jpg

Here are the cleaned and painted sump and gearbox

DSC02100.jpg

DSC02101.jpg

Rick fitting the overly sexy ORC309 clutch

DSC02102.jpg

Finally the gearbox and engine mated together

DSC02103.jpg

DSC02104.jpg

The engine and box in place, two side mounts connected,not done up the rear one yet - gna be a job for sunday getting this girl running!

DSC02105.jpg

Few updates from last night, fitted the Earl's clutch line, done all the bolts up and fitted the rocker cover, there is also engine oil in the car and we have fitted the oil filter relocator

My exhaust housing of my K24 is in the shop being drilled and tapped for the Defi EGT gauge sensor so progress has stopped 'til that comes back - hopefully tomorrow or wednesday, good if im still off work

forgot to add this one up shows the progress Rick and I made on sunday

engine in, rocker on (looks blue, is anthracite), mani on and Blitz leads in dizzy

DSC02108.jpg

bloody TRD oil cap is up the wrong way now tho thread must be different to my other rocker!

As far as we are concerned it should be running, everything is running we've added a few good earths it crans but won't turn over - fucking car!

Gonna try a compression test, hope it doesnt show anything, also may get some outside help to take a look

Still no luck, added few more earths, checked connections, noticed battery drops from 12v to 10v when cranking - Darren assures me tis should be enough tho, sadly next job is a compression test tonight

all i get at the moment is cranking its not even tryin to fire, i know there is fuel i can smell it i know there is spark because i checked it

• 2 weeks later...

few little bits done last night, installed Defi sensors for the oil temp/pressure and water temp, havent run cabling yet tho, also installed earthing kit and greddy oil relocator and horns are in and bloody loud

promise to get some pics up and mayb a vid

Didnt get to take pics because the mrs was over, but got all the cabling run from the engine bay to the controller and sensors for the Defis, now just waiting on 2 x1m cables so I can daisy chain the ones from the boost gauge to the egt on the a-pillar area, and the 3 in the middle of the dash, then i'll be abe to keep an eye on whats going on

Darren's coming down tonight with a new power steering belt and my Apexi air filter, so he shall be good to go, just need the panels back on woo!

The end is nigh (well hopefully)

Here is how the interior is shaping up, hole is cut for the wiring already - just waiting for the 2x1m wiring to link the one from the steering column to the a-pillar area and centre console

DSC02109.jpg

The engine as a whole

DSC02110.jpg

Mani and tubby

DSC02111.jpg

The rad hoses, cable running from the sensors and earthing kit

DSC02112.jpg

Horns and oil relocator fitted

DSC02113.jpg

DSC02114.jpg

DSC02115.jpg

and the wastegate all the way doooown there, braced of course

DSC02116.jpg

Jeff is with Darren now sorting the headgasket problem, so should be ready for friday, he is also gonna fit my TRD rear trailing arm bushes - what a gent

So...how did the weekend go you ask, I would say pretty well take a look:

Friday

Test fit on the Apexi air filter on Samco relocator

DSC02117.jpg

DSC02118.jpg

The state of the cap!

DSC02120.jpg

Saturday

Changed over the top caps on my TRD shocks for these ones from Tuning Developments, theyr prototype plates from the coillies he was having made, they have much longer bolts so can take the thickness of my Cusco bar and the Section torque damper

DSC02124.jpg

Sunday

Got the Air filter and relocator on and sorted

DSC02121.jpg

DSC02122.jpg

Engine bay finished

DSC02123.jpg

Oh and this...

...Cruise wings back on

DSC02125.jpg

DSC02126.jpg

Front bumper on with indicators...

DSC02127.jpg

... headlights...

DSC02128.jpg

DSC02129.jpg

...and Cruise bonnet!

DSC02130.jpg

DSC02131.jpg

Cheers lads completely finished now, even down to the point i have washed, clayed and waxed it...just before the rain started lol

All under the hood is finshed as are all the gauges, just got another 700miles to do and then I need to get it mapped

300/1000