• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words peeps, here is a slight update in the exterior

Finally got the HRF sideskirts sprayed and fitted, liking am a lot personally

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

Also ordered and received a new set of Uniroyal Rainsports 2, this time in 195 50 R 15 spec, as oppose to my current 45 rating, so my winter SA90s will be on soon, may also have a few changes in the brake department coming soon so keep 'em peeled!

• 2 weeks later...

First things first, did some oil related house keeping and changed the old oil to some Royal Purple Racing-41 10w40, was the only stuff my man could get, but have 8 litres worth so should be good for another change in 5k or so...

...but the bigger update is that I am no longer running the Levin callipers (these will be for sale shortly), instead I am now using these:

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

Yep Endless Micro-6 inch up kit, designed for the Starlet...and yes you read that right 6-pistons lol only diddy ones though and 261x21mm discs, soon also to have Endless Type-R Sports pads too

...but I couldn't put it on that dirty, so in the means of science I cleaned the shit out of 'em and took em apart

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

Then got the discs grooved by Hi-Spec

DSC02747.jpg

DSC02749.jpg

and they now look like this behind my SA-90s

IMG_0088.jpg

To say braking has improved is an understatement lol

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing too exciting to update atm tbh, went to Toyota to order some new rear discs... £44.24 (+vat) each, certain they're gonna be wrong lol

Keeping on the brakes theme I also have some Endless Type-R pads en route for the 6pots woo

Also had to order a new key as mine is missing a tooth, I was going to order a front wheel bearing assembly too...but this came to £216.75...so not getting that just yet lol

Type R pads have arrived should be goin on today woo!

Yea theyr on now and car has finally been washed yay

didnt bother with pics because soon as i finished washing it temp dropped and hadn't chamied it, so it turned into a large icicle

not a good start to today, got out to the car to start it to go to work and demist the window took ages to turn over, then when it did fan belt was squeaking like a bastard then it stopped and smoke flew out through the bonnet and walked out to see petrol all over the floor...

...so had to walk to work, oh and dont know whats wrong with car will have to look tomorrow - this car is getting worse and worse

As expected it all went horribly wrong got one side off but couldn't get 30mm drive shaft nut undone and on the other side we had to cut through one of the bolts on the lower ball joint, as well as not being able to get the drive shaft undone - yay

Now though the drivers side is reassembled minus the drive shaft as I am awaiting two new boots from Camskill on monday and still gotta try and find a new stud for the lower ball joint any help people?

Everything except for the driveshafts is back together i just used a bolt in the lower ball joint (effin tight), so hopefully tomorrow when i get the boots it will all be reassembled and working

Gearbox prob isnt still tho, cars are arses

took it out today cut out down the road, brought it home and cleaned up plugs, running better now...

...handling ok but feels like brakes are a bit weak atm, need re-bleeding me thinks and there is a scraping sound on hard lefts

hating this car atm

Front bearings and brakes sorted, but still engine sounds like shit allow me to demonstrate

Vid1: Warming up, quiet by engine exhaust popping sounding terrible

th_IMG_0113.jpg

Vid 2: Pulling away normal driving, im not blipping throttle (end noise is dropping phone lol)

th_IMG_0114.jpg

Vid 3: On turbo timer before cutting out, after 10min drive

th_IMG_0117.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Changed the ICV and it has improved the situation, think I need to re-time the car now tho as it still stutters a little

Also received a set of TRD front lower arm bar bushes, 48654-ep751, some places say they fit ep91 some don't anyone shed some light?! Also need to fit my TRD rear trailing arm bushes, theyv been rolling around in the boot for over a year lol

• 3 weeks later...

Don't think the above do fit, they are for sale in my store and on ebay now

Anyways ordered some new bits for the car now, some new 2-piece Endless discs, replacement bolts to clean up the calipers, new Ultra leads and the replacement TRD bushes for the fronts - think i still need a new sensor and timing sorted to get the car working properly again tho

...then mapping awaits, new exhaust backbox maybe on the cards too if i win it on the JDMs

• 4 weeks later...

Still not working right

Car wouldn't start yesterday, then when it did fire it juddered all the way to work. Once work had finished wouldn't start at all, so AA man came over checked things out worked out spark was fine but it was flooded with petrol (new Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor ordered).

When we got it running though, after reducing fuel pressure to 2bar when warm I drove home from work and the car wouldn't get above 40mph in any gear at any revs.

Received a new ect today from Camskill, but ordered the wrong one, I ordered the 96 ect because i have a 96 forged engine, but need the 98 one as we re-used my old thermo housing!

Also received a new map sensor from Idrees and thats not made a difference!

Hate this car more each day!