• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

525 miles down now getting there, final oil change completed before teh decent stuff goes in

but the gearbox is getting troublesome now tho, it sometimes gets stuck in 1st and 2nd, even when I have the clutch pedal to the floor I either have to yank it oout of gear, or de-clutch and try again, also it makes this funny whirring sound when im downshifting to assist braking from 4th to 3rd!

600miles gone now, gearbox is getting worse, think I def need those synchros sharpish, also just noticed one of my locking wheel nuts is gone!

Another expense that I could do without!

Not much to report, hope to be popping to see Jordan tonight/tomorrow for some ZEP droplink bushes and then Darren thursday to see bout the clutch/gerabox that'll push me over the 1000mile mark then

Currently 860/1000 - but with no job atm dunno when i'll be able to get it dyno'd

Got the ZEP droplink bushes added in last night, feels much flatter in the corners now

then today went to Darren's, clutch is fine, somethings wrong with the gearbox yay more expense how terrific!

Have gone past the thousand mile mark now tho, so once its back can actually get it mapped

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the car back still not happy as its still leaking, but took some time to do some quick modage

Fitted the Walbro fuel and the HKS fuel rail woo!

No pics of the pump but heres a few of the rail (instructions are wrong wrong wrong by the way lol)

DSC02165.jpg

DSC02166.jpg

DSC02167.jpg

DSC02169.jpg

Tried the 460cc injectors too theyr blooming loud, but think they need a chemical clean so gna send them off for that

OK, so its not as big as Jay's...but here is my collection of Starlet memorabilia

DSC02170.jpg

Got the Hyper-Rev, GoldCar and Motorfan, 96 and 98 Toyota and accessory guides, English and Jap Owners' Manuals and Toyota Engine manual

• 4 weeks later...

Not much to report but whilst I was at darren's today tryin to sort the gbox (not sorted shafts are too loose so could well be a diff issue, hopefully just in the bearing dept tho), I took some pics, sadly only with 3mp camera phone but here ya go none the less oh and added Jag's pic from Medstone up too

DSC00002-3.jpg

DSC00003-3.jpg

DSC00004-1.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006-1.jpg

DSC00007-1.jpg

DSC00008-1.jpg

DSC00010-1.jpg

DSC00011-1.jpg

DSC00012-1.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014-1.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016-1.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

_MG_8052.jpg

Exhaust should be a sensible level this time tomorrow (here's hoping)

Thanks gents reckon i could get away with that one in the calendar comp then?

Orderly statesman im afraid mate, as the gbox isnt right i dont wna be booting it much before its mapped, it does go to 0.8bar rather swiftly tho lol

DSC_0143.jpg

One step forward today, the earls fuel pipe coming off the fuel rail is fixed so everytime i start the car now i dont spray petrol in the engine bay

Now just the abs sensor, fuel gauge sender and gearbox to sort!

• 2 weeks later...

all coming in the next few weeks i hope

Repairs update 3/4

1st task - completed - fuel leak repaired

2nd task - completed - fuel gauge working again

3rd task - stripped -ABS repair

4th task - completed - gearbox leak

hope to have em all repaired in the next 2 weeks, then mappage awaits

Real repairs afoot now...Jeff is in my garage on axle stands, the gearbox is out and Jordan is stripping it to see the state of the box/diff, at the same time the JAM rear bumper is being repaired, re-meshed (black) and re-sprayed, the HRF sideskirts are also being sprayed along with the duck spoiler which was a bit yellow

Also my special little gift for the car is en route from Japan, can't wait rareness ftw

need a new one, the diff housing is bent which meant the lsd was off to one side hence the leaks, should be good as gold once i have new one tho

on a plus note, all my body work bits are being sprayed today and I can go and collect my lickle something special today from Parcel Force woo!

Couldnt wait any longer...its not fitted yet as the car is up on axle stands, but here ya go

The TRD SRS airbag wheel!

In original box

DSC02174.jpg

DSC02175.jpg

With original paperwork, inc receipt that states it was purchased on 16/01/2004!

DSC02176.jpg

Yet still it looks like it has never been used!

DSC02177.jpg

Complete with red stitching

DSC02178.jpg

DSC02179.jpg

The only mark is this one in the centre of the horn/airbag button, the watery looking mark coming down from the 'R'

DSC02182.jpg

So, to say i'm chuffed to have it is an understatement, the interior really is finished now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

lickle update,

well nearly, im waiting on parts atm to be truly honest, I have ordered some more earls oil connections for my catch can so that it doesnt look so steak 'n' kidney lock opener under there

i have also bought some second hand cusco coillies so i can nab all 4 camber plates off em and fit em to the trd shocks, then i need to have all the suspension set up...

...then holiday and finally when I get back it will be mapped

this time I've been sensible found a shop in US that could send me all the bits for half the price the UK Earls want!

and the Cusco bits were sub £200, not bad if they do the job

• 2 weeks later...

Cusco plates are on all round, but they need to be fiddled with and adjusted which will take place over weekend and on monday morning

old sidies are off too and have been replaced with some filler and a sexy panel of primer ready for spraying and fitting of the HRF sidies next week woo

so that means suspension and most of body work will be done before my holiday, then I just need to sort out my brakes, repair them and get it mapped

• 5 weeks later...

sadly still no sidies as yet and the primer is still on lol

suspension has been done at Dixcel Motorosport tho and looks rather tidy and handles fantastically except the rear drivers side wheel is too far into the arch now! may have to adjust that panhard rod, but first things first MOT tomorrow yikes!

DSC02704.jpg

DSC02705.jpg

DSC02706.jpg

still havent got ABS sorted, hoping I can just pull the fuse out and lose the light on the dash (attempted, doesnt work may be an expensive today tomorrow after all), also need to pack my cv with some grease because thats making a nice sound

DSC02707.jpg