• 1 month later...
  • Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plan was to get the JD Tuning civic rad fitment kit to have the smaller rad to the right so that I can fit the Defi sensor back into the turbo well...

...Tried fitting this yesterday and noticed that I couldnt because of the fact that the bottom hose connection is exactly where my wastegate pipe is on my k24 even when slid to either side of the brackets - resolved now I've had it cut off n welded onto the other side of the rad, also had the inlet put straight rather than angled to fit better with the lower pipe

...but when I tested the Defi gauge sensor it was still flashing an error, so will have to see how that pans out but one job at a time i guess

once your rad set up is on u can have this one off me if you like, what type of gauge?

got a defi link white faced egt gauge just no senosr mate as its like £100+ from defi i think

you having issues then dude?

Also how do you find the K24 mate?

atm yea havent tried reseting the gauge or even turning the car over yet without the rad tho lol we'll see

its a nice cruising tubby, have a spare setup if u want one lol, but havent got it boosting on the F-con yet

This is the modified radiator, was a bit tight on the bottom hose cudv moved it an inch to the right tbh, but got it on ok in the end, as you can see we also scrapped the plastic fit-thru retainers in favour of the metal brackets which were welded to the rad n then fixed in place with bolts - much more sturdy, do these rads take the S-type radiator cap?!

IMG_0209.jpg

and here it is all fitted and ready to go

IMG_0210.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Bottom pipe split when putting it on, so have had to modify the lower pipe now - getting arsed off with it

Also had to change my PIAA wiper blades, so thought i'd put one on the rear too and in doing so snapped the Punto wiper arm, so new one of those ordered sigh

Still waiting on the HKS loom too, so can't get that done yet either - rubbishness

Si those pipes i gave you are they working?

also wangun is n epic film lol when you next at work for me to give you your pen drive?

sam

yea cheers Sam, they need a lil adjustment but behaving themselves nicely

yea wangun is a good laugh i must say

thanks Johnny boy

Looking awesome as always Si, hurry up and get her mapped :)

Where did you buy the radiator from if you don't mind me asking? I think I want one for mine. :)

Tell me bout it got one other mod that may go on before mapping, but atm I'm waiting on the F-con loom so it'll be plug and play goodness

rad was from here, I got it because the location of the sensor for my EGT gauge went into the back of the turbo which meant it wouldn't fit with the radiator in place, so go this as a slimline option instead

ebay

• 2 weeks later...

nothing too exciting to report, kind of remedial stuff atm

Firstly, the pipe on the right hand side of this pic that it stuck together from two pieces has been replaced, by one pipe to make it long enough to do the job new pic to follow, but old image is here

IMG_0044.jpg

Secondly, the front lip on the bumper was never smoothed on how I wanted it so I have taken it back to how it should be, needs some sanding to get flat ready for a coat of primer but it's looking how it should again - I always wanted the middle smoothed and that's it, the guy who did it for me also smoothed the sides in too which was never my intention.

Here is how it looked new

DSC00636.jpg

Here was my plan...

IMG_3502.jpg

...and how it turned out

DSC01322.jpg

So, i have stripped all the filler off and sanded it back to plastic, just a lil cleaning still to do, before a respray, hope to get the rear Glanza/JAM bumper done at the same time

You better believe it buddy, here are the pics to show what i'm upto

Here's the pic of the complete pipe

IMG_0248.jpg

and what I've done so far to the front bumper

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

Once smoothed off it will be nice and Dad has just informed for the first time in 26 years he can do fibreglassing! So should have the two rounded holes where the horizontal slats on the bumper went gone and smooth too ready for spraying. As you can see I had to take quite a lot of filler and paint off to get it back to this stage.

Where's your bonnet gone si :)

yea don't worry mate it's still there just needed to show progress i'm workin on and they were the best pics to show what I meant

cheers Sparky, hopefully cracking on with this tomorrow

Exactly what I'm doing to my bumper at the moment, if you want memo spray it mate let me no as I'm spraying loads of bits in 040'in a few weeks anyway

seriously bud cheers, yea that would be a real help to me mate, would u mind?

i'm working on it again today so it's coming along quite well i'll post up some pics when its done