yea progress is afoot, mani looks good, just waiting on the gaskets then it'll be back on

got the second bush in nicely feels a lot better now, still got shaking under braking tho think its the bushes that connect the lower arms to the wheels

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got my Rays TE-37 repaired by Ollie on here, very impressed with his work, gotta give it 3 days to harden before polishing and waxing but very impressed thank you

still trying to find the correct gasket for the exhaust housing of this bloody turbo though, not happy

• 2 weeks later...

haha the wheels are on now, but snapped a rear spacer bolt so had to order new set of those sadly - used 2 coats of the below high temp wax for protection from brake dust, then a further one with Meguiars for shine

hitempfinishkare.jpg

Got some gasket material, just need to get it cut to the size of the wastegate inlet and the turbo hot-side outlet then ill be whacking the SARD K24 on, been long enough coming. Also got to get the original front arb back on and poly bushes for that, not keen on the lighter weight one i have now.

Dunno if it will be mapped before JAE though, as the weekend after the mrs and I are jetting off to Thailand for a fortnight, so need mucho denaro for diving and sight-seeing

• 3 weeks later...

well few things have changed, got the new rear 15mm spacers on and can highly recommend them in their awesomeness, nice stance and very solid

secondly the old front anti-roll bar is back on with the polyflex bushes in place too a definite improvement I would say

oh and the little matter of the newly installed SARD K24-2460g that resides nicely in my engine bay!

Beautiful turbo kit very fast pick up and great spool, loving it have to get to the welder for some extra bracing for the downpipe and the wastegate pipe too but other than that very pleased and ready for JAE woo...sadly no mapping this side of JAE though as I will be going to Thailand the weekend after and I need the cash for that

pics to follow shortly, all thats left now though to make my ultimate V is a respray, clean up of some of the bodywork and the Cruise Power 256° camshafts, if anyone finds any let me know immediately!!!

Looking good mate! Did you get the external gate pipe braced? as if not I'd get it done. si's hrf one fell off half way done, and there basically the same mani apart from the turbo flange!

awsome, i was gonna buy this kit too but you beat me too it in the end. great bit of kit and cracking motor. did you get the gasket sorted. we may have one knocking around

If you still have it that'd be awesome mate

as far the bracing, the mani is braced, but couldnt brace the downpipe/wastegate pipe til it was fitted - goin to do that monday tho

no worries Iddy - did u go for 15mm all round? I have 15mm at back, 25mm at front

love your car mate, that turbo kit was owned by a friend of mine before irdess, and wow was it fast lol realy lairy, its coming along nice now :thumbsup: cant wait for my k24 to be finished lol