quick update, got the Zep floor bar fitted today thankfully, not had a chance to try it out yet tho, also still have the El sport c-pillar to go in so should be nice and sturdy in the twisties, still need that ever elusive Whiteline rear ARB tho

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rich, it seems to tie the sides and centre of the car as one so when u go round a bend the car moves as one and chassis doesnt flex, felt good going round onto the M23 to Gatwick

c-pillar bar is fitted mate, i ended up cutting the panel around the brace points, looks far cleaner than if I had done it the way you had, because underneath mine isn't painted lol

ill get some pics up when I can see lol

Been quite a busy week, last sunday i got the c-pillar in and thought that made a surprising difference to the handling of the car...

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

then this weekend, myself and Rick fitted the Whiteline rear ARB, erm wow - handling on rails isnt even close! You need one of these!

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

in the process, I also de-meshed the jam bumper, but im not sure i like it, either way it had to come off because i would need black in there, what do u guys think, what doesnt show up well in the picture is what u can see under the hole

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

Received these little beauties through the post on friday too, so my Weds are wearing some rather snazzy caps now

DSC00001-2.jpg

DSC00003-2.jpg

and one last thing, took apart my K24 kit so that i could wrap the mani, didnt get round to it time wise, but did end up painting the exhaust side black and intake side silver, looks so much better and the K-series turbos are so easy to take apart

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

My old man and I have spent this morning wiring the universal emanage ultimate loom into the Field extension harness, it is now plug and ze plays

DSC01991.jpg

DSC01992.jpg

DSC01993.jpg

We also neatened (taped) up all the connections and the extra harness for the injectors, nice way to save £80 for someone else to do it lol

Winter is here and the wheels are changing again, the Weds are back on with new centre caps tho

DSC02001.jpg

well the fronts anyway lol

DSC02000.jpg

the rear ones need spacers, because the hub popped em straight out, not to worry they are ordered lol

DSC02002.jpg

the Rays are off until next summer, but i leave them with a parting gift, some new centre caps too so gone are the brassy caps here are the mock cf Volk racing ones sitting in the wheels, gna give the wheels a good wash before they go away

DSC02003.jpg

DSC02004.jpg

DSC02005.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Rick and i got busy wrapping the mani and downpipe today check it out

DSC02016.jpg

DSC02017.jpg

DSC02018.jpg

DSC02019.jpg

DSC02021.jpg

not bad huh, may just paint the middle part of the turbo too then it will all be spangly and clean and ready to go on if i ever get a bloody LSD lol

ok received a nice lickle package from Keith today, so got a few bits to go on for sure

including

Blitz fire extinguisher for safety when new engine goes in

Extinguisher.jpg

Pivot audio grounding system

Volts.jpg

HRF sideskirts

HRFsides.jpg

and im undecided whether to use these instead of Chu's carbon fibre centre console, or just to use the window switch surrounds or to use em while i get some proper cf ones made...anyways TRD interior bits

TRDbits.jpg

Right the TRD window switch surround are in...

TRDdriver.jpg

TRDpassenger.jpg

and i think im gna change the real cf centre console for the TRD one, think it will look better overall, so i need some buttons so i can sell the cf centre console please

Secondly, also got the Blitz fire controller in, was gna put it at the end of the foot well, but carpet got in the way, so instead it is now under the passenger seat, heres hoping i never have to use it!

Fire1.jpg

Fire2.jpg

Blitz rad pipe came from yahoo, always on there

hi-throttle wont go on til new engine goes in

skirts are gna go on when I get that sexy man above to give the car a full respray, which will prob be the last job after everything else is done!

forgot to say that i got these 15mm hub-centric spacers too from US ebay, not as well built as the H&R ones on the front but they didnt do em with their own bolts, should give a better stance at the rear now tho

DSC02044.jpg

hows that for progress, got em on by lunchtime lol

Here they are on the hubs

DSC02046.jpg

As you can see spigot ring fits perfectly

DSC02047.jpg

Passenger side fits spot on

DSC02048.jpg

DSC02049.jpg

Drivers is bout 5mm to far out

DSC02050.jpg

As you can see here

DSC02053.jpg

DSC02054.jpg

And here finally, are the centre caps on the back woo!

DSC02051.jpg

DSC02052.jpg

Think im gonna take it to a garage, so they can get it on the ramps and adjust my Cusco panhard rod to pull the RHS back in, may still need the arches rolled though

Happy none the less

Second update in a day, went and picked up mine and Ricks rocker cover (ill leave pics of his to him lol), but here is mine powder coated in anthracite (RAL7016)

Im pleased, not sure whether to face off the horizontal lines and Toyota type tho, maybe not going on yet so we'll see

DSC02056.jpg

PCV valve and standard outlet have been removed and replaced with welded-on aluminium AN10 connections, to route them all to my catch can

Received replacement buttons from Liam_D today, so changed the carbon fibre centre console for the TRD one now, looks good, but the stereo still rubbed on the underside of the console

DSC02069.jpg

DSC02070.jpg

so had to swap headunit to bottom and move defis bits to top

DSC02071.jpg

my interior is almost complete, just one thing to go - see when that happens tho in no rush

i have a helical LSD on order, on its way from Tokyo as I type so should all be good to go soonish, well soon as me and Rick can spend a weekend together :p

hopefully this should be the lot for that fuel rail now!

DSC02086.jpg

So that 2x 90 an6 bends for the route to the rrfpr and one adapter for when it gets there, two straight an6s to go to the fuel filter and one adapter for that to tie it all up, didnt want the red and blue one but its right at the back so im not fussed, same with the steel adapter, with about 50cm of pipe to cut to size for the two sides of the rail.

ok so excitement looms, my LSD has left Coventry Parcelforce so should be here hopefully tomorrow or wednesday

also waiting on my mesh for the JAM bumper still, first lot got lost but new one on the way i hope

Keith is also on the lookout for something special for me so im very excited!