little update went to Rick's last night and scored a new parcel shelf with smaller holes than mine did (6x9s i feel dirty), so got the nakamichi SP-200s in and running they sound sooooo sweet, not got pics fitted yet but these are them after i re-sprayed the covers

DSC01769.jpg

DSC01766.jpg

they have seperate mids and tweeters in one unit

i also have my SP-5 tweeters that just need a bit of a spray over and the SP-50s (5.25" mids) on their way over from the states then my sound system is complete hoorah!

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another few updates today got no pics tho sorry, i fitted the Nakamichi SP-5 tweeters in the A-pillars and fitted foggy's white foglights, no where near as white as the hids but an easy fit and far cleaner than the yellow standard lights - ill get some pics up for y'all 2moro, can actually connect the tweeters to the crossovers then too because i have now got some 6.3mm connectors at last!

dunno if the tweeter fitting is upto my usual standard but the space was quite restrictive so i did what i could, the A-pillar has a big lump at the front which meant i had to sit them further back, thus making the lip of the tweeters overhang the window edge of the pillar slightly :p

Passenger side

DSC01790.jpg

Driver side

DSC01791.jpg

Close, see the gap, but meh it cant move any further forward because it fowls the metal of the A-pillar

DSC01792.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

changed the dash bulb today, got the usual little cuts and grazes from that little task

as you can see, i also deleted all the unimportant posts from my ride guide, so it went down from 18 pages to 2, im gna do this periodically so people can see what progress I've made more easily

been working on the audio today and will be tomorrow got my Nakamichi SP-50 speakers for the doors but looks like there is gna be a change of plan and i am gna have to get some door pods to fit them (after theyv been re-foamed), dont think that the ep82 pods are gna do the trick, so im gna have to sell those on

pics should follow tomorrow

must say tho its not fun threading wiring into the doors! not for the impatient ones among you! so far the tweeters in the a-pillar have all the cables run just not connected yet as i havent got the speakers ready for use yet, and the passenger side cabling is run into the doors, tomorrow ill be doing the same on the drivers side

cheers Mart

few little mods taken care of, i have finally got all the cables running into the door for the Naks and the tweeters are connected up just waiting to receive the door pods and the repaired speakers in the next few days then audio system is complete...finally

pads needed changing, so i changed my standard Levin pads to these bad boys

DSC01302.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

must say theyr very meaty pads and made it a hard job to get the calliper back on once fitted, but the braking even before theyv run in is incredibly responsive and their temperature curve is spot on for road use, highly recommend them

this morning i also fitted the Blitz cooling performer rad pipe in preparation for the defi water temp sensor, adds a nice splash of blue to the bay too tho so alls good

hose.jpg

just received my Nakamichi SP50 5.25" door speakers as well now so just gotta get the door pocket modded to accomodate and get these bad boys on should accompany my system rather nicely

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01820.jpg

DSC01819.jpg

got em repaired at speaker-repairs.co.uk, same with the other parcel shelf speakers and they have done an awesome job and are very fast and cost-effectove definitely recommended by me!

I finally got my Nakamichi SP50 speakers into the doors and they working rather splendidly with the SP5 tweeters although some SP10s will be replacing them when i find some!

Here is how they look in the doors, the cut outs from the door pockets aren't the best, but they do do the job and i'm very happy with the finished work

DSC01824.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

thanks for inspiration and help Scutch

also, i have at last got the cheque from my car accident so thats done with and im a little better off than i thought, so all good!

• 3 weeks later...

no big updates lately i'm afraid, got one coming up next week though...

...unfortunately a big piece of my turbo-charged puzzle was stolen from Keith's garage but he is on the case

i have been sorting my tool set out now, got a set of snap-on 1/4" and 3/8" sockets and ratchets, good do with some nice spanners too tho

im gna be getting some other Nakamichi tweeters as the ones i have (SP-5) are not designed for the speakers/crossovers i have, so SP-10s on the way then sound system done

engine work soon to begin...

I have gotta stop spending money lol!

Bought a full 1/4" and 3/8" set of snap-on sockets (shallow and deep), as well as 3 extension bars for each and obv the ratchets, i have also bought a set 8mm-19mm combi ratcheting spanners, just looking for a decent top box now!

Also purchased a field harness off TGTT so when i get to the ecu stage I can keep it clean lol

Big thanks go to Rick also for letting me swap my black (ep82) armrest for his blue/grey (ep91) version oh and for getting me a ORC309DS-14T cheaps love you x

• 4 weeks later...

More money spent on snap-on gear now lol - got ratchet screwdriver and bits set, oh and some mechanic gloves, as well as a 1/2" drive ratchet lol

also finally received these from Keith, altho how it took so long ill never kno he wrote my address on the box as big as a piece of A3 paper, yet some how it ends up in Wales!!!

DSC01830.jpg

DSC01831.jpg

DSC01832.jpg

I cant honestly believe how well made it is, just need some bolts, some gaskets and a public holiday and it will be on there - cant wait, straight through cat-back 2.5" piping attatched to Apexi Super Megaphone backbox - Zisco are legendary!!!

got a duck spoiler today (original abs one not frp) just gna sand it down and get Al to re-spray it for me then on it goes, really looks smart with the JAM bumper, well i think so

DSC01834.jpg

Before:

DSC01835.jpg

After (aided by my glamourous assistant Dave-ina!)

DSC01839.jpg

DSC01837.jpg

DSC01836.jpg

DSC01838.jpg

if you do make sure you have someone that can drive your car home for you, its just its difficult to drive without an arm and a leg

amazing work though.

lmao

and woo, Simon senior, I think he's even more handsome than you...dye your hair and I'll reconsider :)

P.s. Spoiler looks well too! hehe

Exhaust is on and it sounds lush, like a motorbike i must say ill get some pics up once i have straightened it into the right position, Rick and i also got my turbo timer fitted too - so out with the Blitz in with the GReddy to match my new Profec B-II boost controller

Small update today

Changed my Nakimichi SP-5 to SP-10s and they sound a great deal better, also fitted Greddy T/T and put it in single din slot with Defi Controller, will get pic once Profec B II boost controller has been fitted too looks smart

slightly bad news tho, Dad tried to bend hangers on backbox so it sits better inside the JAM rear bumper in doing so he has busted a weld, so he is gna get that fixed then when fitted back on will show finished product

• 2 weeks later...

Profec has been seated in position, but not installed, because i couldn't stand the bloody rattling of the defi controller

DSC01840.jpg

DSC01841.jpg

and as requested here are pics of the exhaust sitting snugly in its JAM bumpery bed

DSC01847.jpg

DSC01846.jpg

DSC01845.jpg

Sorry they have been so long!

last night i swapped my D2s for some TRD shocks (and other bits) with RS-R T2000 springs, the ride was a bit harsh on our shabby roads, so im sitting slightly lower but still got great road handling

being lower i do have a little bit of trouble with the Cusco lower arm bar, but i just have to take triple humps over two now so nothing major, it also scrapes a bit when i go in my garage but meh im happy - pictures of the new stance to follow

• 3 weeks later...

no updates in the sense of upgrades...but i did spend 3 whole hours washing him today!

Meguiars, shampoo, detailing spray, clay, polish et voila

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

and you can see me in the paint work lol

IMG_1018.jpg

it isnt perfect the roof still needs a good orbital buffing, but i am so happy with the result and the paint feels soooo smoothe!

yea really isnt think im gna need to repsray the roof at sometime

went upto Jordan's (Kingy) last night and we were gna do a few bits, didn't quite go to plan - swapped the front arb bushes for TRD ones in a matter of minutes, but when we set out to put the Whiteline ALPs on that was a totally different story - it took us 2hrs to get one side done! The other side remains standard, we had to cut burn and then saw to get the old bush off and then saw off the metal sheath around the arm to get the poly bush on

had to take these off, which neither i or Jordan had seen on another V, nor would they fit back on afterwards :)

IMGP1518.jpg

and then this bastard didnt wna come off

IMGP1523.jpg

so im gna have to go back soon to get the other side done, and the TRD rear trailing arm bushes

What fun!

• 2 weeks later...