Thats scary !!!!!!!!! is the drivers side ok. It must of been rusting long before it was imported. Hope you get it sorted.

tbh mate i seen a little bit of surface rust but it didnt look that bad, the sidskirt was holding a lot of water which obviousley had some salt in it and it was just eating it away. the drivers side is spot on its only that side letting the car down at the mo, but all will be fine come monday <_<

nice car bud shame about the sill thats bad, will look good as new before you know it :thumbsup:

i know bud it breaks my heart everytime i look at it lol especially with it bieng white, the rest of the bodwork and paint is immaculate anol.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats ashame bud i was expecting a bit rust under there not no sill. lol need to come round somtime have a we gander at urs and to see the wee yin not claped eyes on him yet. but ive got a few new bits i need to really pull my finger out and get them done.

well after giving the car a wee clean today i decided to go take some photos before it goes away to get fixed on monday

shoot001.jpg

shoot002.jpg

sideskirts back on 2 save too much embarresment at the rolling road day 2morro lol

shoot003.jpg

shoot004.jpg

shoot005.jpg

shoot006.jpg

shoot007.jpg

and 1 from the other day on my fone

sill001.jpg

Looks nice, rust is crazy never seen it so bad on a Starlet before!

i know bud, i thought it was bad before i took the sideskirt off. When it came off i couldnt believe it its just as well the rotten bit can be cut away. i got a sill from toyota but it wasnt big enuff so the sill i ended up having to buy was off a mk3 fiesta lol but it does the job perfectly it aloows that extra bit just to cut the rot away and replace it

How can it not be big enough, its a starlet one? Dont forget you have the wing to add at the bottom of the car too...

the part i got from toyota was only 19 inches long lol to buy a full sill it comes in 3 pieces 1 bit form the wheel arch then the centre bit(which i got) then u need to buy a rear qaurter panel for the other bit lol :thumbsup: anyway the 1 from the fiesta is perfect for the job it lines up perfect with it ples tucks right under past where the damage is. when the skirt is on you can barley see it there is also a wee rust bubble on the back arch so thats getting done too plus any other wee dings or anything. the paintwork is immaculate and the guy thats doing it for me says there wont be a problem trying to match the paint. im gonna get down to my m8s lockup and pick up my spray gun and compressor too and im gonna do the sideskirts and bumpers too cause i have a ltr of paint so i may as well lol

dropped the car off today to get that sill sorted and painted :D im missing it all ready. im stuck with a 1.2 clio for a few days haha, got a really poor result at the rolling road on sunday 132hp at the fly :D had my nieghbour check my timing and he sorted that out for me and also tightned my decat back up as the bolts wer missing AGAIN lol i can feel a big big improvment allready, im also on the look out for a fpr if anyone has 1 give me a pm.

Jesus mate!

Thats some mental rust :s

Im tempted to strip my skirts and splitter off not to check theres no nasty surprizes under there after seeing this :thumbsup:

Glad u got it all sorted tho dude

Cars looking sweet as :thumbsup:

thats crazy mate!

im glad you got it fixed though ,

looking at that again i still cant believe that

i know bud it was scunnering me to death everytime i looked at it. i couldnt quite believe it either i knew it was rusted but i didnt know ther was any holes then i took the sideskirt off and there was no sill lol never mind a hole in it lol.

should have it back for 2morro i cant wait:D

my cars been away for a week now :) im getting pissed off I&#39;ve been driving around in a shitty little clio and a 307cc, anyway the guy foned 2nite to tell me its ready (finaly) so im picking it up 2morro i cant wait:D

i also picked up some red reclining seats :p

That rust is crazy, good to read you sorted it out!

i really love the red carpet, if you hear: that car has a red carpet its like: wtf why? then when you see this it looks lush!!

can't wait to see the reclining seats!

:)

picked my car up today and i must say im absoloutley delighted with the guys work. he has done a great job :p

heres the pics, although the sideskirt is back on it needs to come back off to get sealed properly so ill take some more when its off

sillnew001.jpg

sillnew002.jpg

the rear arches had a wee bit of a touch up too ill add some more pics later

im chuffed to bits at last i can look at my passenger side without cringing:D

thats so much better mate, looks like a nice spray job to, i don't know what i would do if i stripped off my skirts to find that

thats why when im fitting it back on ill be sealing it up to stop it holding salty water, same goes for the other side.

• 4 weeks later...

just a wee update!

after getting the body work all fixed up I've started to fall in love with the glanza again, where as before somthing like "that rust!" really put me off a car. so now im happy again with the body work but not so happy with the rolling road figures lol I've went away and done some modding

first was the s/s manifold i had a bit of a nightmare getting this fitted and now my exhaust is hitting somthing underneath but thats gettting sorted today:D ( not a very good pic lol but you get the idea)

shoot009.jpg

binned the aircon! worst time for it too lol I've been sweating buckets int he car lol but it left enough room for this

shoot011.jpg

its a japspeed core, baught it from gtdan over on tgtt, not very happy with how low the hot side pipe sits but when the splitters back on ( getting repainted) you will barley see it.

the core fitted in nicley barley had to cut the bumper atall to make more room just a wee shave at wither side and the piece at the bottom underneath, i had to fit a civic radiator for the pipework to fit. that was just a temp soloution to get it on I've orderded an ally civic rad

shoot010.jpg

I've noticed a big big improvement! pulls a lot harder through the gears and a lot more responsive through more of the rev range, i got a big pressure drop after fitting it, it was boosting at 0.85 bar and creeping up a bit until fuel cut, it dropped to 0.6 bar but pulled the same then i upped the boost from the actuator and it sitting and 0.85 bar stable with no creep at all after porting the wastegate.

thats all for now but I've got a couple more goodies waiting to go on but ill wait till there on and ill update again

thats sterling work especialy on the piping,

how does it route back to the tb, do you have any pics of that?

haha the pipeing lol it was hooked up to a td04 and never came with a hot pipe and the full hot side looked mental lol i had to piece it together and f*ck about for ages ma hands are cut to f*ck. i used the tmic hot pipe upside down and joined it as best as i could so its looking good and holding together well. the tb side is just the norm lolthat fitted with no probs at all and the dump valve is up there too and blocked off at the hotpipe but it doesnt seem as loud.

• 2 weeks later...

NEW UPDATE 20/7/09***

got my new seats fitted:D

and got my splitter back from the painted

sorry i havent botherd cleaning the car lol

newshoot001.jpg

newshoot002.jpg

the light makes them look pink in that photo lol, they could do with a wee clean but im thinkin of gettin them retrimmed anyway but they do look better with the red carpet than the original 1s lol

and heeres the splitter back on(again sorry for it being so dirty lol)newshoot003.jpg

newshoot004.jpg

the guy who does my painting paints planes for a living and he used the laquer they use on the planes for my splitter:D lol hopefully no more stone chips lol