got a suprise when i saw the hybrid is fucked but on you topic title. what does it mean when your turbo kinda screaches ? because mine does it a bit when its cold and under just enough throttle to give it boost.

man that really sucks. cant imagine how your feeling.

oh im gutted mate but i cant really complain its my own fault for meshing it in the first place lol i was just so eager to get out in it, you know how it is lol. the screech your hearing will probly just be your air filter or somthing mate, if you heard the noise mines is makin you would know lol and its only when you give it a bit of hard boost.

i baught a new van today so im thinking about puting the starlet off the road for a while to get things sorted/improved properly. at least i still have the van to get me from a to b

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well today i went out and changed the oil and had all the pipework off to inspect for more metal but there is absoulutley no sign of it, im starting to wonder if the mesh even went into the hybrid and somthing else has caused this. im going to get the turbo off this weekend and get the old 1 back on and have this hybrid looked at. im getting really pissed off now im starting to think about maybe selling up, it would make sense to get a bigger car anyway with the baby, but i dont know if i could sell my glanza:(

You would of known straight away if the mesh got sucked in!!

Maybe something else got sucked in after the mesh fell off.

Gutted for you mate but lesson learned and learned the hard way eh ^_^

yeah i know mate, i was just to eager to get out in it, you know how it is lol, but shit happens my little glanzas been through worse lol

ok I've just went out and tanken some pics of the comp wheel using a mirror and torch (sz its camera fne my cameras batteries are charging)

hybrid012.jpg

hybrid013.jpg

hybrid014.jpg

i dont think it looks like anything has been sucked through. surely with the speed it spools and if anything where to go through there it would grind back or snap some of the blades.

what do you guys think

• 2 weeks later...

got some good news:D well erm...

i found somthing else boroken on the car but its gave me hope on the turbo.

last week i ran out of petrol lol i know. but then after filling it back up i couldnt get it started so i got it back round at my house and tried starting a few times with no luck. couldnt fid out what was wrong. so i had a bit of time last night and had a look. took off the dizzy cap and look at the state of this :)

rotorarm001.jpg

rotorarm002.jpg

rotorarm003.jpg

rotorarm004.jpg

1 of the screws had came out completley and the rotor arm had been flying around in there, if you look at it side on you can see how its been rubbing off of the inside of the dizzy cap. hopefully this is the answer to that wierd noise when giving it the beans. I've ordered a new rotor arm and dizzy cap and should have them on saturday! i cant wait to give it a go and hopefully the turbo is fine :thumbsup::D:D:D

i am begining to wonder if the mesh even went through the turbo. looking at the pics above it doesent look like it.

it was up the back road at my shop when i first heard the noise and i think that is when the rotor arm has came loose as its a really bumpy road and thats where the mesh came off. im gna have a good look up the road tomorro and hopefully find the mesh :D

what do you think?

im defo over the moon I've been stoating around gutted since its been off the road thinking its fucked.

im not going to get my hope up though because ill be even mor dissapointed if the turbo is gubbed.

but i think i may be very lucky:D

finally got the rotor arm and cap through and its bad news:( still got the noise. so when i can be arsed im taking the hybrid off and getting it rebuilt:( gutted

What a shame mate :thumbsup:

Hope you get it fixed asap!!

its my own fault mate lol if i can get the turbo off this weekend im dropping it into a place in govan to be rebuilt:D

cant wait to get it back on the road im really missing it:(

after getting the rotor arm on and taking it a wee drive last night i thought it was fine and was over the moon but then when it heated up and i gave it some boost it dropped off at 0.8 down to 0.4 while making a whining noise:(

got some bits and bobs off jezza the other day, set about fitting them right away :thumbsup:

newparts001.jpg

newparts002.jpg

and the i/c pipe that stopped my relocation kit fitting:( and killing my hybrid lol

newparts003.jpg

if the weather is nice 2morro im taking the turbo off and sending it off to be rebuilt and the mani re welded AGAIN! also going to tidy up the engine bay a bit. got some red trd leads and some red hoses and shit. if i can find the time im going to re- do my wheels with a red lip and white centres and some new rubber.

ok guys got the hybrid off today, had a good look at it and there is nothing visibly wrong with it. the compressor wheel is in the exact same perfect condition as it was in before i put the turbo on and the exhaust side is perfect too, there is no shaft play what so ever and when it was on the car it wasnt smoking.

zzzzzzzzzzhybrid002.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzhybrid003.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzhybrid004.jpg

what could be the problem here? could it be a bearing or somthing making the noise? it was boosting ok, then on full boost it would drop from .8 bar to around .5 and make the kind of noise youd expect if somthing was touching the turbine like a high pitched scraping whine, its really hard to explain. i really doubt its just a boost leak due to the kind of noise its making. i really dont know what to do i dont want to send the turbo away to be rebuilt if there is nothing wrong with it and be charged for nothing.

any help will be really appreciated. im losing my mind!

ok guys got the hybrid off today, had a good look at it and there is nothing visibly wrong with it. the compressor wheel is in the exact same perfect condition as it was in before i put the turbo on and the exhaust side is perfect too, there is no shaft play what so ever and when it was on the car it wasnt smoking.

zzzzzzzzzzhybrid002.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzhybrid003.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzhybrid004.jpg

what could be the problem here? could it be a bearing or somthing making the noise? it was boosting ok, then on full boost it would drop from .8 bar to around .5 and make the kind of noise youd expect if somthing was touching the turbine like a high pitched scraping whine, its really hard to explain. i really doubt its just a boost leak due to the kind of noise its making. i really dont know what to do i dont want to send the turbo away to be rebuilt if there is nothing wrong with it and be charged for nothing.

any help will be really appreciated. im losing my mind!

now mate what exhaust system have you got on your car just my mates car dose the same noise when on full boost around 5.500rpm and we found out it was becouse on bit of the exhaust was biger than the other sounds mad but when

we change it to the same thicknes all the way through it stoped so that mite be the same thing with yours as for boost check you intercooler pipe work

now mate what exhaust system have you got on your car just my mates car dose the same noise when on full boost around 5.500rpm and we found out it was becouse on bit of the exhaust was biger than the other sounds mad but when

we change it to the same thicknes all the way through it stoped so that mite be the same thing with yours as for boost check you intercooler pipe work

it a full apexi sytem mate with an autobahn decat.

it was fine for 2 days mate so i cant see that being the problem. its a second hand turbo and hasnt been used for a few years so i dont know if somthing has went internally?

my pipework is all fine i checked then double checked then re checked everything before taking the turbo off