it a full apexi sytem mate with an autobahn decat.

it was fine for 2 days mate so i cant see that being the problem. its a second hand turbo and hasnt been used for a few years so i dont know if somthing has went internally?

my pipework is all fine i checked then double checked then re checked everything before taking the turbo off

god its doing my head in lol that autobahn decat isnt leaking is it? you know what they are like

could be loosing boost through that and it could make a noise at the same time only a gess like

also im sure you can get you turbo tested insted of send it off to get sorted :)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

god its doing my head in lol that autobahn decat isnt leaking is it? you know what they are like

could be loosing boost through that and it could make a noise at the same time only a gess like

also im sure you can get you turbo tested insted of send it off to get sorted :)

the decat is fine bud. i know the ab mani's are shit but ive had that decat on for over a year and its been fine and still going strong.

the noise im getting isnt a boost leak its more of a scraping noise on boost its really hard to explain.

imagine if the turbine was spining and you touched it with somthing.

thanks for the replys guys. tried foning you last night jez. took the turbo down today to be looked at. the guys gonna fone me when he gets it open. was in his office and there was a mountain of turbos lol.

cant wait to get it back now:D

by the way jezza the place is called revrite

• 2 weeks later...

just got off the fone to the guy rebuilding the hybrid. he says the balance was out a fair bit and caused some damage to the comp wheel due to clearance issues , he has already got a rebuild kit but is just trying to source a wheel. he says no mesh was sucked through and i should hopefully have the turbo back really soon:D

also got a few new goodies coming:D so next couple of weeks should be interesting

cheers guys :harhar: i cant wait to get it back together, not drivin her for about 6 weeks:O but i have a few bits waiting to go on aswell as the rebuilt turbo.

jae ill try get you a pic when i can of them lights mate but my car isnt here at the mo. and if all goes well with the hyrbid then the ct9's yours

cheers guys :harhar: i cant wait to get it back together, not drivin her for about 6 weeks:O but i have a few bits waiting to go on aswell as the rebuilt turbo.

jae ill try get you a pic when i can of them lights mate but my car isnt here at the mo. and if all goes well with the hyrbid then the ct9's yours

Ah cheers mate, i appreciate that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

update!

baught geos new gt spec b hybrid. looks awsome. need to bear the freezing cold 2moz to fit it, also picked up a dastek unichip but im having second thoughts about it i mite just fit my rrfpr and greddy boost cut controller and wind it to a bar and buy some other management later not sure yet.

will add pics when fitted

cant wait now. cars been off the road for about 4 months now!!!!!!!

Fit the dastek :p

its not the dastek im worrrying about its dastek themselves. ill go have a word with them next week and then ill decide.

on a good note though, I've just had my hangover cure (full english)and im going to fit the new turo soon as i pick somthing up :p

turbo is on:D working in the dark and in the pissing rain, was using the headlights from my van for light lol, just couldnt get the oil feed fitted properley it seems to be bent and the stream of water that was running all over me under the car was just getting 2 much to handle along with bieng pissed off not getting it finished.

taking a day off work 2moz to finish and go for a wee drive (after i renew my tax)

also missed my sons first steps as i was working on it:((

you almost have boost again :p. youll be at the next meet then whenever that is lol

bit of a gutter about the steps but still loads more firsts to look forward to. babys first engine conversion and stuff like that :p