• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers for the replys guys i didnt think it was a gt spec, just wanted to see if anyone knew, i cant complain anyway lol i got it for a very good price and it seems to be in great condition, its going on today I've just taken the front bumper off and got the car on stands im just letting it cool down then im going out to set about it:D then hopefully this weekend get my fpr and fcd set up:D cant wait!!!!!

yours will have had oil in it anyway bud so itll be fine, aye av had it out but am not getting over 0.5 bar, although it does feel more powerful than the .85 bar on the standard turbo, I've been fucking around with the hks actuator but its not changing anything lol. I've got the hotside pipe from your intercooler lol i baught it from greame, i cant rote my airfilter past it its a nightmare so the turbos meshed just now till i can sort something out

thats the hybrid fitted properly and pulling like a train :thumbsup: delighted with it:d

now to get the fpr and fcd fitted.

also anyone got a hotside i/c pipe lying around this 1's a bit thin and it gets in the way and i cant get my air filter relocated properly

does that hotpipe go straight down to intercooler like ? as in not under the bit metal beam bit ?

hybrid power = gid :thumbsup:

aye mate, you want it back lol ill swap you haha.

aye the power hike is awsome, just need to get this fpr and fcd set up lol cant wait til the weekend :lol:

well im tryin to relocate my new filter properly so it will prob just get in my way too lol. got a pic though ??

you have a shorter rad than me though:> lol i had the turbo meshed but the mesh has came off with the jubilee:-S i hope its not went into the turbo. doubt it though because it still feels fine and i ut a mirror and torch down to the compressor wheel and it looks fine

BAD NEWS GUYS. looks like the hybrid did suck the mesh through it and its not boosting properley and squeeling badly, I've had the intercooler and pipes off to clean it but found nothing, but its f*cked already lol 1 day it lasted, oh well it was fun while it lasted haha

thats a harsh lesson learned for me, ill never mesh a turbo again

Mesh... that's a proper Cal job that is lol.

Jokes aside, what's happening with it now then obviously you've just lost a chunk of money from the fucked hybrid. ^_^

Is it going back to CT9 or will you be replacing it with another hybrid?

i put it on with a jubilee clip really tight i double checked it againg and again before driving and it was solid but then i had a look and it was gone, but it was fine, no drop in performance whatso ever, then it started making a kind of squeeling noise on boost.

I've had a mirror and torch down there and the compressor wheel looks fine tbh

step91 - i had no other option mate my relocation kit didnt fit because my i/c pipe route so it was either mesh it or leave it open, i was weary of meshing it in the first place.

im not too fussed ust gutted really but it was good while it lasted haha.

ill whack the ct9 back on and see if i can find anywhere that can fix the hybrid, any suggestions?

Gutted mate. Alan told me the story of how you aquired it!!

You could take it apart and check to see what the damage is.

Best outcome would be no internal damage, just remove the mesh particles and re assemble possibly with a rebuild kit (seals bearings etc) while its apart.

If there is more damage, you could send it away to the likes of universal turbos for a complete rebuild. Will cost you though!

Gutted mate. Alan told me the story of how you aquired it!!

You could take it apart and check to see what the damage is.

Best outcome would be no internal damage, just remove the mesh particles and re assemble possibly with a rebuild kit (seals bearings etc) while its apart.

If there is more damage, you could send it away to the likes of universal turbos for a complete rebuild. Will cost you though!

i know mate i got lucky , then i got stupid lol then it died lol i wouldnt know where to start by taking it apart, as i said though I've looked at the compressor wheel and it seems fine but there is still a whining noise and it boosts fine to start with then tails off, i dont know if just a little of the mesh went in or the whole lot, im guessing the majority of it would go through the intercooler pipes and not out of the exhaust?

What sort of mesh was it? You did the right thing taking the pipework off and removing the wire.

If some of the wire found its way through the intercooler, I'd be wanting to do an oil change and check the sump for any stray bits that may have found a way in. Do you have a magnetic sump plug?

I'll take a look at the turbo for you when you get it off.

That made me cringe reading what happened, I hope you get it sorted and no more mesh!

it made you cringe? i almost cried lol, dont worry i wont be using anymore mesh but it was my only option to get it on the road.

jezza yeah i have a magnetic sump plug, there was nothing in the pipework though i had the core off and gave it a good shake and clean and there is a wee bit oil in the pipes and theres no metal in that. i dont even know for sure if its went through but something isnt right the way its dropping off boost and screeching

oh and it was just very fine stainless steel mesh

got a suprise when i saw the hybrid is fucked but on you topic title. what does it mean when your turbo kinda screaches ? because mine does it a bit when its cold and under just enough throttle to give it boost.

man that really sucks. cant imagine how your feeling.