No worries mate, you need to sort a proper car out first.

you should join www.muddybuggies.com . i am a member on there and there are loads of different buggies from Freestyles to blitz's so you never know one may come up cheap :wacko:

I know, depends what I do regarding the starlet. And I will do matey, will keep an eye out, thanks for the heads up

Damien

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*** Even more crimbo update ***

i need this thing built ASAP!!!!!!!! its driving me mad, im going to finish this thing if it kills me, although im sure the first drive will do that :)

I have been trying to get as much of this done now while i can, after the op im going to be housebound and i know its going to be driving me mad so have to do as much as i can while i can.

Anyway, after getting the gear tower made up the other day i managed o get the handbrake part that attaches to the rear of it made up today. I knew the space was going to be tight and it looks like i was right, looks like a nice tidy unit and once i have made up a nice cover for it, it will look loads better.

Started by making the main frame piece and the tabs that hold the handbrake in place.

11853_391029625472_587840472_10308768_1105695_n.jpg

with the handbrake added.........

11853_391029650472_587840472_10308769_7550678_n.jpg

There is not much space at the bottom and i will probably need to modify the bottom and extend it down to clear the bar at the back.

11853_391029680472_587840472_10308770_7139578_n.jpg

Here is what it looks like welded onto the gear tower. Will need a few legs added to it that will strengthen it all up when welded up in the buggy but its pretty much there. You can see how tight it is for space but there is plenty of room for the coolant pipes along the bottom as well. There will be a cover made up that will cover the gear linkage cables and create a nice recess for the handbrake.

11853_391029690472_587840472_10308771_1655661_n.jpg

The back view shows just how tight it will be...

11853_391029710472_587840472_10308772_1766396_n.jpg

and all pretty much there........ :)

11853_391031445472_587840472_10308785_4311848_n.jpg

I know its not much but it makes me happy adding these updates.

Money is tight with christmas and everything but in the new year im going to go nuts with parts just before i have the operation as i will only be stuck at home anyway so i can have a second christmas with lots more presents.

Jason :o

cracking little update jase

have a good christmas anyway o you, your family and ofcourse to brum :lol: keep feeding his them steroids haha

Thanks dude! Merry Christmas to you and your family also mate and i hope your back in a starbo soon :p

And don't worry about Brum he will be getting lots of steriods in the new year. I have even started getting him some new drugs......he hopefully will have some LSD soon (gearbox :D) and maybe even some laughing gas (NOS) :p

Jason :D

nice updates, nice work too mate keep it up and good luck with the op.

1 more thing what other forums do u have a build thread on? would like to see thier reaction to it

Thanks mate, had hospital check up yesterday and they have told me that the Op will be end of january/beginning of feb. Went through in a bit more detail what will be happening and its pretty scary!!!! I have been told that i can't lift anything heavier than a full kettle of water for 3 months so i WONT be working on the kitcar at all :p:D probably best though as there is a chance i could re-break my chest bone so not worth risking i guess :lol:

The 'Demon' build thread is on several websites but you guys are the ones that comment on it the most and seem to be the most interested. I think thats why i like this forum so much as everyone is really friendly and helpfull. Plus most of my cash has been spent though this site on parts :p

Build thread is currently on......

lexus owners club

outlaw jap club

hampshire jap club

muddy buggies

and a few other that im sure i have missed out???

Jason :D

that doesnt mean works going to stop for 3 months does it?? just your not able to work on it phisically?? the guys at the workshop are still able to do bits and bobs arent they??

sorry for the questions just couldnt go 3 months without an update lol

that doesnt mean works going to stop for 3 months does it?? just your not able to work on it phisically?? the guys at the workshop are still able to do bits and bobs arent they??

sorry for the questions just couldnt go 3 months without an update lol

Oh hell no, work won't stop for 3 months!!!! but will slow up alot! I could just throw all my money at it and it would almost be done by the end of the 3 months but i don't see that being money well spent. Sounds a bit wired but i want to be getting involved as the car comes together. I fully trust TGT but i prefer to be there as the buggy is built as i am reading the IVA manual as i go so i can see doing what parts will need to be done a certain way and what i can/can't get away with.

Over the 3 months i will be getting the remainder of the laser cut steel parts made up:

*exhaust flanges

*mounting brackets

*engine mounts

*etc

will be reading the IVA manual from front to back :lol:

and i will be buying a LOT of parts. and i mean loads, driveshafts, intercooler, fuel cell, fuel system, hybrid turbo, ecu, gauges, carbon goodies, harnesses, manifold etc etc

I would rather spend the 3 months sourcing all the parts so when i am back to full health it will be full on and imense!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

***Fuel Tank Time***

Well the last few days i have been looking at sorting out a fuel tank. Unfortunately there is no fuel tank available that will sit in the area i have so its going to have to be a custom job. Rather than just get a custom one made up that is the same as all the others i thought i would have a bit of fun and go for a slightly different version.

Aim is to get 2x 5kg fire extinguishers and weld them together. One will have the filling point on the top and the other will house the fuel sender/level gubbins.

After having a little look at work i found an old 2kg one and after emptying what was left :( i got the top taken off. Its so old that the powder coating just sort of fell off with a bit of work :D

Now i need a few opinions on this as i am still in a few minds with what to do with the finish on them. The idea i have is to use full braided lines and the anodised blue/red fittings which is going to be used with whatever option i go with. When they are finished im going to get some NOS bottle labels and put them on there so they look like dummby NOS bottles.

But how should i finish them???? Do i.....

1) Polish them to a mirror finish

2)Spray them Candy blue to look like official NOS bottles

3) or do i spray them the same lime green the rest of the Demon will be???

Peoples oppinions on this would help loads as i really am unsure what one to do for.

Here is a few pictures of the cylinder and the last 2 show a small section polished up, will require a little bit of elbow grease but you can see your face in it, or should i say my face :D

17953_416956150472_587840472_10555428_7201173_n.jpg

17953_416956185472_587840472_10555430_2766102_n.jpg

17953_416956200472_587840472_10555431_2459087_n.jpg

Jason :)

Hmmmm polished looks like the winner here then :( I might be using this one as a CO2 cannister for the intercooler spray so may polish this one up fully to see what it comes out like.

And i knew somebody would notice the booze, you can tell i work hard :D

i think you should respray the whole thing in matt black, with bright green calipers and them two fuel tanks mirror polished...........SICK!!!!!!!!!!

Original Plan was to go Matt Black but my family are really worried that im going to get side swipped by a lorry as i won't be seen. Sure they will hear me but they just won't see the thing.

They are a bit happier with it being lime green as its a bit more visiable :(

Lol, never knew there was one before:P

Damien

think it was 3-4 pages back :( Im not set on lime green yet but looks like it maybe going that colour. I really want matt black as it will look stealth but not easy to keep clean. Its a long way off getting sprayed so colour may change yet. Will have a votting pole to see what colour people think......... :D