Mate those wheels look sexy! Gotta get some better pics up dude.

And get those other parts on! I am far to impatient to let parts sit infront of me with out me going out sun/wind/rain and fittig the buggers

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay? B)

lol

Cheers for the comments lads glad u like ^_^

@CL - I havn't really wanted them to sit there doing nothing n I'd love to get them on asap but uni work comes first tbh and I'm a bit of a pussy n don't like the cold B)

@CL - I havn't really wanted them to sit there doing nothing n I'd love to get them on zsap but uni work comes first tbh and I'm a bit of a pussy n don't like the cold ^_^

yeah man, totally know what you mean... you in your last year yet? i'v only got three months left and fook me am i feeling it. i had to learn maya in like 2 months and am now animating a whole 2 nd a half minute film!

:lol:

@ CL - Yeah I hate it!

I was doing fine would have nearly done all my concept art for my final major project by the end of the week, but I then went n talked to my tutor earlier n I've now gotta change loads n do loads more research n I'm proper fed up with it :D

Although I'm just doing environment design stuff so no animating for me really other than odd bits n bobs ;)

I just feel well downhearted about it all atm though :D

@Ibz - The spax are a pretty hard ride tbh I'm getting fed up with them and I'm concidering some Meister R's soon maybe as there just like death with all the potholes everywhere atm

But there were like £100 so not bad for what i paid I'm pretty sure this is where I got them

Here

I'll go take a few snaps on my phone in a minute and get them uploaded so you can see the wheels a little clearer as the weathers quite nice, bit of sun for a change :o

Cars a bit of a dirty bastard though.... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

No updates yet but the weathers warming up so will hopefully get all the rubbish cluttering my room on the car soon :(

Anyway here's a few pics of the RPF1's in the light that i said I'd post up

(Taken on my camera phone but not bad quality never the less :))

Starplow

Snowlet.jpg

Enkei's

RPF1.jpg

NewShoes.jpg

havent looked at this thread since you pretty much had the car lol, look mint now, i loved your SR and now i love this lol

we must have the same car style that we like haha

as above looks really stealthy and the wheels suit it mint :)

Mark

Cheers lads n las's

The Enkei's are 15s n the weight difference between them and the stock Glanza wheels is just silly!

I quite fancy the idea of getting them resprayed in gunmetal grey at some point maybe but that wont be for ages yet :lol:

Wheel nuts n that cap on the end of the axel need a good respray to but I'll get to that soon enough :lol:

On a side note my girlfriends picking up a 03 plate supercharged Mini Cooper S tomorrow, so it al be nice to see how this performaces against that

If mines slower I think Im going to cry :lol:

Then spend more money on it...

Terrible picture because it was taken in my garage in the dark but I picked these up for £250 earlier

Seats are mint as just missing the nob to adjust them leaning forward and back on one of them but I'm just going to have a hunt about on ebay or try get it from recaro but in the mean time pliers work fine :lol:

Then trying to sort out getting some sub frames sorted for them to :angry2:

Evo 7 Recaro's

DSC01099.jpg

Yeah there so lush Bills got a set in his V and since I sat in them I've been wanting some :angry2:

Just sent some order thing off to Capital seating & Vision for the recliner knob and stuff

Then AlexGTAdv said he'll weld some subframes on for me

So im wondering wether it would be possible to just weld starlet frames n rails to the Recaro base.

Save me paying silly money for some sliders...

• 1 year later...

---< NOW WITH LOVELY PICTURES >---

GOOD NEWS!

I just paid for a new camera, so for anyone who knows me that means millions of pictures soon and the Medstone meets are going to be kicking off again in full force soon :)

Time to resurrect this thread I think :p

_MG_0281.jpg

_MG_0279.jpg

_MG_0280.jpg

_MG_0274.jpg

_MG_0283.jpg

Ok so since last time I posted up I've done a few odd bits n bobs:

I covered up those revolting rusty axel ends and greasy rear axle covers, with a fresh set of black and silver centre caps, I tried to get Enkei logos to fit them but I couldn't find anything the right size, so tried getting ones that were too big, cutting them up, but failing miserably.

Then over the winter I managed to lose a centre cap...

However luckily the EBay seller sent me 2 sets in error and I never ended up sending the second set back so no big deal and I just put another one on :(

_MG_0276.jpg

_MG_0277.jpg

Apexi filter went on firstly in place of the airbox, then relocated to the end of the EFI pipe then back to the airbox due to creep.

_MG_0286.jpg

_MG_0287.jpg

Toyota wind deflectors went on, then I accidently jet washed one of them off a few months later.

So I ripped the other one off cleaned them both up and have just reattached the second one back on today along with clips (Big thanks to MrSilly aka Mark for a set of clips)

HKS Boost gauge in (Thanks to AlexGTAdv for the help wiring it all in)

It's got loads of crazy little settings like peak boost etc, but just loses whatever I set it to whenever I turn the car off... Which is gay... B)

But after talking with a mate I think I have discovered why so hopefully can get it all sorted n working properly soon :)

_MG_0284.jpg

Pioneer Carrozzeria tank like speakers in the rear (Thanks again to AlexGTAdv for help with wiring) although with the standard 0watt N/A speaker I'd linked up the drivers side and not having the tweeter linked up at all I couldn't really release its full potential.

+ BOV and turbo spool noises are easily better than having drivers side speakers

So today I unplugged the gay N/A speaker and returned the tuneage :p

_MG_0273.jpg

Next on the list of stuff RARB went on, bitch to fit... (Gratitude again for AlexGTAdv's hero skillz)

GET ONE, it really does sort the handling out MASSIVELY.

_MG_0289.jpg

Upon inspection of the recaro's (taking one to pieces) one was as bent as a wheel inside...

Bits busted off etc and all kinds of crazyness, so I tried to flog the bits but then got a 96 spec seat which I intend to hybridise the Recaro with to make it flip forward and back like the standard arm breaking passenger seat.

The driver's Recaro is in on a Bride rail that you guessed it, Mr AlexGTAdv welded up so it would take the Recaro.

_MG_0285.jpg

Other than that car went through its MOT with flying colours last month no adviso's

Its got iridium spark plugs in now, theres an annoying squeek from the aux belt (which WD40 only managed to fix for a day)

I seem to have a strange vibratey noise if im putting my foot down and about to change gear (sounds like a heat shield vibrating, but due to when it does it I'm hoping it's not something to do with the clutch)

My red rear fog light has been playing camillian for ages and went from red to faded red, to orange, then I turned it back to clear, and last week I resprayed it red again :D

And my Panhard Rod is still gay and squeaking, I'm thinking it’s to do with not fitting the extra washer that nobody seems to know what to do with as the bush seems to be deforming where the washers not against the axle?

Also got a few couple of new friends along for the ride:

_MG_0282.jpg

_MG_0275.jpg

Next on my to do list:

- Mash passenger Recaro [Possibly tomorrow]

- Rip out aircon and pump (N/A alt belt ready to rock)

- Relocate filter to the front grill

- Stop boost creep and fit HKS actuator (which I've had sitting around for nearly a year...)

- Sand down dirty rusty looking hubs and hammermite them back to beautiful sliver

- Spray callipers red

- Grooved front disks

- New pads all around

- Update UKSC sig...

- Take hundreds of pictures and organise lots of meets...

Well that's the immediate plan, next on the wish list would be front mount + manifold as I'm quite content with the standard exhaust system and just listening to the BOV and the turbo spooling and chattering 'til its heart's content + if I got anything I'd be after a HKS silent system but there stupid money...