• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh that was alot of writing, so i just read the beginning of each sentence :)

good to see an update and its still going strong! :)

now go use your wizard photo skillz and update the thread with sexy car shots

There ya go!

Pictures :)

(Thought I'd drop them ontop of the other post as they fitted nicely)

Camera came through earlier so went on a bit of a cleaning spree and took some snappies :)

Also spent a few hours mashing my mashed Recaro seat into my standard passenger seat and its working a treat!

I got a standard 96 spec seat (sadly with no rails) took all the seat cushions off unbolted the back frame

Bolted it onto my passenger seat base (98 spec hence needing the earlier spec back as otherwise there would be no head support)

Simply clipped the Recaro bum cushion to the standard seat frame then slid the back of the Recaro (cushion and plastic backing) down over the frame and BAM!

Recaro on standard seat mounting.

Im still fabricating (hacking, sawing and filing the plastic bits of the base so they fit back on as normal but I'll finish it up tomorrow morning and put some more pics up :)

So tomorrow morning should see double Recaro in the JAGSTAR ;)

Yay

Im serious, whenever you want to sell them wheels gimme first dibs pleaseeeee :D

Car looks immense mate, I would put a clear reverse light back on though and just get a red LED bulb just to make it look neater :D

Cheers boys :D

@ Sparky - Think I'm gonna stick with the red fog looks different n when i had mine clear at last JAE n Craig (with the Glanza Rep SR) had done his red n i well wanted to redo it but then gay weather came :)

Also got some more news :)

Just modified my standard passenger seat and hybridised it with the recaro bits from the old seat.

Was awesome fun n worked pretty well, only catch is i used a 96' seat for the back rest and the metal frame work goes through where the eye holes for the harness but i dont have harnesses so stuff that!

And the bolsters on the base aren't quite solid as the seat base on the Recaros had massive supports for the bolstered but the standard seats obviously don't.

I'm well chuffed with it, did it all on my own to :D

Well nearly my lovely lady friend did some stapling for me :D

Just ordered this padded harness insert which inserts into the harness holes like a padded blanking plate, so that covers up the metal framerwork :D

I'll get picks up soon

• 1 month later...

Bit more of an update B)

Lots of stuff on my car's 'To do list' is now done and for once I have no parts waiting to be fitted! B)

Went over to play starlets with Mr AlexGTAdv and the aircons all out pump and all, HKS actuator is on and set to about 0.75 bar, then my filters relocated to the end of the EFI pipe and i took the fuzzy cladding off the underside of the scoop as last time i had it on the filter started eating it...

Someone in JDM land has clearly modified the beast in the past as it had a white scoop under the scruffy chunk of fabric hanging from the bottom of the scoop.

Cant get over how much quicker it picks up though, its pretty awesome :)

And last but not least i think i sorted out my gay squeeky panhard rod.

And now some pictures :p

_MG_0359-.jpg

_MG_0370-.jpg

_MG_0371-.jpg

_MG_0372-.jpg

Painted my calipers and breaky looking bits to make my wheels stand out n the whole shebang look more sexy.

_MG_0360-.jpg

Both Recaro's in!

_MG_0363-.jpg

Hybrid Recaro mashed onto standard seat :p

_MG_0364-.jpg

_MG_0365-.jpg

Engine stuffs

_MG_0369-.jpg

_MG_0366-.jpg

Big hole

_MG_0368-.jpg

Tore off the rubbery Glanza badge as it was warped n going funny n its now stuck on my desk so replaced it with a nice sticker :p

_MG_0367-.jpg

Next I'm thinking break upgrade and front mount my filter :p

awesome work man, that alex is a lovely guy lol

Yup He's certainly an amesome bloke!

ive just put evo 7 recaros in mine aswell, does the oem folding lever still work? i have to slide and roll the seat forward manually now?

Yup the passenger seat still fires back and forth like a misile :)

Where I fabricated the seat covers and the bolsters straight over the origional passenger seat frame

It's kinda good in that way as I've heard so many people complaining that there such a pain in the ass when you wanna throw a passenger in the back :p

Looking awsome!! Get a power getter exhaust on there!!!

Soon :p

But I'm considering breaks, mani and front mount before I go putting a rocket on the back :p

what rails you using for them mate?

Bride rail on the drivers side with some lugs welded to fit the recaro (as i brought it under the impression recaro's and bride's take the same rails) but it didnt line up anywhere near...

Then the passenger 1 as i said is still the passenger seat rails, base, back (96 spec) with recaro fabric, bolsters and plastic backing/ inserts etc mashed over the top :p

• 3 months later...

Another epicly long time between updates...

But more stuff has been going down recently! :p

After tearing out the Aircon I ebay'd up some silicon hosing and a few connectors and for a grand total of like £30 delivered relocated my Apexi to the front grill

Buying aftermarket filter relocation kits just rapes you MAKE YOUR OWN!

Sounded awesome and if you haven't already done it do it, cheap as hell mod well worth it

Also since I got my car I hated the fact it had grey indicators and not the 98 spec ones, hence spraying them black...

Got some 98's now though :p

_MG_1110.jpg

Just makes my headlights look gay though because they look so awesome.

I also really missed my Reflets from my SR and after driving past Wallace's Glanza up in Scotyland I was like set on doing it.

_MG_1111.jpg

Next due to DavidAshton's beasty little starlet going to heaven and the fact I'd been dribbling over it ever since he overtook me in the race to trade Not/Any power for boost, its HKS Hi-Power Silent system was transplanted to the JAGStar to give it the voice it's always wanted

_MG_0984.jpg

_MG_0985.jpg

_MG_1112.jpg

And last but not least, all Starlets go heaven one day, but one I've watched blossom into a monster from humble beginnings has finally been put down.

AlexGTAdv's GT Advanced... :p

But in its sad passing on the little JAGStar has had a heart transplant.

IMG_1108.jpg

GT Spec Hyrbid style baby!

_MG_1115.jpg

_MG_1116.jpg

_MG_1117.jpg

Also on went his SPS manifold and something with lovely fire starting capabilities :p

_MG_1114.jpg

Although when the manifold and turbo went on, the manifold was blowing like a trumpet from the seal between the head...

A trip to Toyota and just a 3 hour wait for some gaskets to turn up soon solved that problem!

Duel solenoid boost controller, Sard fuel pressure regulator and TC Short shifter will hopefully be on soon as well...

Although I'm on the hunt for some raisers for the TC short shift if anyone's got any? :p

Also slight alteration to the induction system via the purchase of more silicon hosing and joiners will be going down as the 38mm inlet on the CT9B is a lot smaller than the one on the hybrid, so it's been temporarily bodged on as oppose to running with and open inlet turbo and destroying it...

As I want it back nice n black again :D

But ohh my god!!

The noise!

It sounds fantastic!!! :p

There some mighty sexy updates dude! about time you got an exhaust :p. allways loved the reflets on my black v and those look riiight at home on yours :p.

Now get a fmic and plub the EBC in! same spec i ran and made 170 under fuel cut :p

Cheers fella's ;)

I've got to admit though when I put the reflets on they did take some getting used to

The old ones grew on me so much and where as the switch from N/A rears to Reflets was such an instant improvement I wasn't sure about the reflets for a few weeks until I sold the lenses then there was no going back B)

Next purchase on the list is going to have to be breaks as oppose to new intercooler because it now has more power but it's no good being able to go fast if you can't stop fast...

And the standard breaks are rubbish!

Was going to have a mates ARC topmount off him which would have been awesome but decided to hold off due to going on holiday and not really having the money, but then Alex started taking his car apart so despite having bugger all money and owing my brother £300, I decided to cough up money I don't really have and take advantage of a good oportunity before someone else did :p

Bit of a gay point though, ordered a 180 digree silicone bend to sort the filter but its tiny and won't make it round the radiator B)

So just sent an email off about that to try and get it refunded then ordered another 2 90 digree bends and an adapter, although it says they'll be here for 8/9th of sept...

Which might mean I have to run the intake restricked to JAE which would be gay as I wanted it sorted by JAE... :p

But we'll see, hopefully they'll turn up in time... :p