really really nice looking glanza there man, i cant wait to see it when your finished with it :(

just hope mine looks this good when i get it hopefully next week.... so yeah i also know how you felt with the waiting to get it!! lol it sucks!!!! :)

Cheers man, n yeah its such a mish waiting around to get it although it makes the drive home all the better :)

Just ordered Rear Anti Roll Bar, Anti Lift Kit, and a PANHARD rod :)

Im still debating what to get suspension wise, im kinda drifting towards coilies maybe a set of D2's or BC ones but i duno really like the idea of them being ajustable but for some reason i find my drivers seat pretty uncomfortable so im debating wether to just go shocks and springs?

+ Im not overly minted atm i lost my card and have been waiting for a new 1 to come through and i think im £100-200 adrift somewhere...

Not sure wether thats me just totaling everything up wrong or my insurance company have taken to much out or sumin?

So i need to go to the bank n have a looky

+ I've gotta fork out for spending money for going on holiday in august as well as Le Mans next month n I've now got just over a grand as just been paid.

So i might hold off lowering it until next pay day possibly...?

Im also not to sure about paying the price for coilies as its prety steep and I'm still a student so dont have loads of money coming in :s

I need some opinions people!?!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing is if you do fork out the extra few quid for the coilovers ul

a) sell them far easier if you decide to break the car

B ) better in every shape and form performance wise

c) springs will be shocking if you decide to serious mod the car

d) coilovers will be easier to fit rather than getting springs fitted to shocks etc.

Cheers man

n yeah thats kinda what i had floating round in my mind may aswell pay out the extra cash and just go all the way with it :)

Think il probably wait til i get paid next and fork out :)

Wait till nexy pay day man

You'll be surprised how much money you'll burn at Le Mans :) :)

If you do shocks/springs, could always ask Alex nicely to help you like I did.

(assume you're not fitting the panhard rod till you've actually lowered it by the way?)

U got it Mr MJ

Rod on with the slamming no point otherwise it doesnt need it now :lol:

Think I'm gna look into it all n then have a think when next payday comes round at tbh

I'm not sure wether to get some cheapish shock n springs now then if i decided i want coilies in the future get um then

But i duno :p

Do quite fancy a set of BC racing ones, as everyone seems to have D2's already :p

Righty some stuff arrived this morning

Only took 2 days to get to me :thumbsup:

Mucho speedy

Well done Monster Motorsport <_<

Order list:

Whiteline Anti Lift Kit

Whiteline Panhard Rod

Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar

Package contained:

IMG_8138.jpg

Whiteline Anti Lift Kit

IMG_8135.jpg

Whiteline Panhard Rod

IMG_8134.jpg

Whiteline Front Anti Roll Bar....

FAIL... :harhar:

Rang up and there gonna do a drop off and pick up thing at the start of next week

So not so bad

:D

What i found confusing tho is on their website they dont sell Whiteline Front Anti Roll Bars :harhar:

lol

Im in no real rush to get them on anyway as I'm gonna wait til I get back from Le Mans in a couple weeks before i order some lowery stuff

Im just thinking of going for shocks and springs probs go for KYB shocks and Spax springs for some cheap thrills now as I've just booked the badboy in for a cambelt change next monday as well

So im draining funds...

Anyone got any experience with Spax springs outa interest?

Bit more of an update I replaced the Glanza V sticker on the back with a new black one to go more stealth as hadnt got round to it so far then wipped off the rear toyota badge as im planning on spraying it black so go stealth with that aswell

Also got my cambelt changed and a nice sticker to prove it to :thumbsup:

So peace of mind achived

Then got this through the next day on a lil pick up and deliver

After the lil mix up with front and rear

IMG_8179.jpg

But mucho thanks to Monster Motor Sports for getting it sorted so quick n easy :(

Decided im going to have to wait til next payday to get shocks springs and throw all of the above at the V as im slightly low on funds atm with Le Mans coming up :thumbsup:

Cant wait tho :p

Also just this second got this through the door

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/archi...40MP/index.html]

Pioneer DEH-P40MP

IMG_8180.jpg

£50 off Egay :(

So now i can fit this Carrozzeria 12 disc changer badboy back into the car

IMG_8181.jpg

(I've been buyin bits for it such as wiring and CD catridge as japman was an evil robber)

Can also link it all up with the Carrozzaria tweeters which were in the V when i got it as well

Then I've also got a little Din shelf to fit into the remaining hole

But with no mounting cage i cant do any of that yet....

So heading up Bluewater way to see Mr SiCal n go scavaging through breakers yard on monday :p

Just need some speakers now

Hint hint StarletRick.... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I've got my mits on a few more mods such as SR rear speakers and a front drivers side standard speaker as turns out mine was missing :p

So standard front drivers speaker looks like this

IMG_8436.jpg

And Passenger 1 looks like this

IMG_8435.jpg

And on closer inspection it turns out to be an uprated optional extra Carrozzeria speaker

IMG_8437.jpg

Then the speaker was jacked in and linked up to this badboy

IMG_8434.jpg

So this sent me back to my standard speakered drivers side where there is no bundle of wiring

and after a hunt i found the wire trailing off the drivers side tweeter rammed between the door and the doorcard....

But not bundle or wires to link it into a Carrozzeria wireing bundle which is missing aswell as the speaker to run the tweeter off ^_^

So Im just left with this:

IMG_8444.jpg

So this monkeys not gonna work till i get a new Carrozzeria speaker and the wiring to go with it :)

IMG_8433.jpg

But after hunting the model TS-C1000A on Japhoo

I've found the speakers so i just wana get my mits on a set as then il have spares aswell

Altho with the exchange rate being somewhat crap im considering leaving it a while...

So getting all this up and running im guessing is going to be a slow process

:p

Cheers man glad u like ^_^

I just wana get on with the progress as its kinda dead atm

Although just got paid so gonna try get a few bits to run the CD player n stuff n then hopefully will have it lowered by the end of the summer :)

In theory....

Got the adapter bits for my headunit finally so the headunit should be in by the time i leave for work

If this has dried:

IMG_8447.jpg

Sprayed with with black enamal paint as it looked all worn out and gay in the car so thought id freshed it up

Then sprayed these black as well:

IMG_8448.jpg

Contrary to popular belief :) and how they looked before i took them off i thought it just had the 96 spec corner clusters for some wierd reason?

But when i took them off there was loads of silver peely paint on the inside so im wondering wether the 98 spec indicator clusters just had some kind of black plastic surround on them and jap man robbed it?

The clusters taken a lot of salt damage though n gone a bit crubley in places, i was a lil worried id turn the clips to dust when i prised the lens's off :s

But its not to bad

Just waiting for the laquer to dry before i get them all back on the car

Was concidering spraying the rear clusters but dont have time before i go to work so il do them another day or sumin :)

Headunits now all in and linked up despite it taking a month and its plays through the little amount of speaker stuff I've got in or linked up so its runnin though the passenger tweeter and Carrozzeria speaker and the drivers standard 1

(Mucho thanks to Scratch and SiCaln for helping me out with huntering all various bits down)

So im now after another Carrozzeria 4inch for the front then something for the back :)

IMG_8449.jpg

and got a few pics of the front to end :)

_MG_8458.jpg

_MG_8459.jpg

_MG_8460.jpg

Accidently broke off one of the clip bits to hold the indicator unit in though which is gay when i was changing the bulbs in them as the old ones were almost glowing white

So i attacked it with electrical taped for the time being as a bit of a quick fix bit wobbly but never mind :p

Also put in some new fog bulbs as the old ones were a dirty yellow colour

I couldnt work out how to fit them until today when i had the indicators out :p

Anyone whos thinking of changing them its a massive pain in the ass especially the passenger side one which has some big tanky thing right in the way :s

Cheers lads :p

in my opinion looks so much more swish

But as i said silly Jaggy broke one of the clips so may have to visit a breakers yard sumtime soon again to get it sorted

Also saw a snail on my alloy randomly when i was out and though :o

Turbo snail! :(

Came to wash it a few days later (after a fair bit of boosting) and it was still there! :p

So thought id take a pic of him before i took him off

But crunched his shell as i pulled him off to put him in a bush....

Guess he didnt think about uprating his shell to cope with boost :surrender:

_MG_8470.jpg

_MG_8465.jpg

Also took a couple more lil snaps of the front end

_MG_8479.jpg

_MG_8478.jpg

_MG_8481.jpg

Lookin lovely mate.. i had a bit of a go with the spray cans yesterday lol.. I did my indicators black too.. Just the tops not the complete unit.. look more like the Kouki 98 style now.. much better than grey :surrender:

@ SooperD - Update your thread i wana have a looky

I was thinkin about spraying them all black then going over the bit that actually illuminated (the curve smooth bit) with some silver but didnt have time n its kinda grown on me like it is :(

@ Sparky - I'm trying! :p

Ordered some springs the other day just need to wait for the 23rd to see if i can afford shocks as im goin Greece soon so need some spare cash :o

Handles like a boat n i need that whiteline stuff on to :surrender:

Cars coming along nicely young man, some lovely touches. James had them springs and no complaints there mate, so should feel good.

Just got your text mate. Just did some research for you on camskill mate, you can get excel-g shocks: front and back for £169.44 delivered to your door!!! Mine cost a bit more than that but camskill have got a half price deal on rear shocks!!!

Excel-G's

Joe

You legend! :)

Couldnt lend me some money aswell could you? :p

lol

Ill go up n check how much dollar I've got in the bank on my way to work n may order them tonight if i can, if not i may have to bully Dan for some of his savings, or try :)

Cheers again dude :(

coming along nicely bud, i have just put spax springs on mine, what a difference they make compared to the stock shit.

will you have it lowered for medstone mate

You legend! :)

Couldnt lend me some money aswell could you? :(

lol

Ill go up n check how much dollar I've got in the bank on my way to work n may order them tonight if i can, if not i may have to bully Dan for some of his savings, or try :)

Cheers again dude :p

Mate, I'm like a tramp in harrods im so skint!!!

Always pleased to help man, hope you get it sorted mate, oh and i wanna be the first to see! :p

Joe