Well, this is the announcement i had for u all, apologies for delay, internet service was interupted by BT again.

A couple of months back Mark bought this 1995 quad-light off Robbo for a very reasonable price. Robbo kept the car fairly immaculate so it was an easy choice when it came to choosing what EP to buy. The idea was to buy somethin to keep Mark off motorbikes, but this hasnt worked as he has a rather rare machine en-route at present, but hopefully this will get him more involved in the local EP scene here, and indeed we have been hard at work on her already.

Since she landed with us we have fitted a cusco front lower strut (donated by me as my car is too low), a momo gear knob and momo steering wheel (now retrimmed in black leather and red stitching), 15" Momo Corse alloys, Potenza street spec spring and dampner combo, unknown-brand back box from Jay, new hand brake cables, and have been swapping robbo's black and blue theme over to a black and red theme, beginning with the hosing in the engine bay, and i have donated the red catch can i had. the car came with an EP styling grille which has been removed and replaced with a much nicer stock item and Jay is locating some stock Toyota badges for her. seats and trim will be left in place as the idea with the car is to have her in factory style spec but with added goodies, such as the cusco strut. we will also be fittin some audio equipment in the near future, and i believe the plan is to go with some rather tasty Ultra Racing handling equipment, again, factory trim but with added goodies. Mark has also got a turbo timer from Jay that will soon be fitted.

anyways, enough yammering from me. I hereby proudly present, in association with BadgerSports Inc., Mark's GT.

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

Phil.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha i wondered how long it would be before someone pointed that out! dont worry man, it bugs me too lol!

altho on the plus side, i have had the pleasure of driving it so its ok lol! when his bike arrives this week or next i'll just steal the GT from under his nose lol!

Phil.

cheers dude, i was very impressed with how clean the car was kept by the previous owner (Robbo), it just needs a little attention from Alan D with a pad or two and it will be minty!

no there are currently two holes on the boot lid dude, we are awaiting Jay locating stock front and rear badges for her.

Phil.

Ahhh bout time you got some pics up :lol:

I know the GT now I see it, tis a mint example, looking forward to how it progresses :p

Be good to have them both at JAE this year (we can only hope :D )

thanks for the positive comments lads! got the old speaker wire stipped out yesterday so we can lay some GOOD wiring down.

she's goin in for an alarm shortly, not an excitin update but has to be done tbh. really hopin she sparks a genuine interest for mark same as me and jay and the other NI EP lads, hopefully get him involved in the local scene a bit.

as for JAE, i would doubt it tbh lads sorry altho it would be cool lol, hopefully we'll have them both at some local meets and shows etc etc. sorry. but i have to admit, it is pretty class havin two EPs in the driveway, EPs family stylee!

Phil.

You sneaky badgers lol!!

Never seen this coming but it can only mean a good thing.

She looks a real nice example.

Looking forward to seeing this Mark.

You need a new name now Mr Pandamonium.

Talk soon

Joz

Evening all, yes Phil finally got me into a starlet again, no big surprise always liked them but insurance was fun and kinda shot the idea down many times.

No doubt Phil will do most of the posting on the forum for the car, ive been to busy driving it. Not safe leaving it round him when he is off, went to work and came home to find he had started the wiring lol.

Really enjoying the car and as Phil said hopefully some big improvements in the next few weeks, audio and struts and badges.

Shock set up is good but i wouldnt mind a bit lower, looks like a tractor beside Phil's.

Im in two minds as to what to do overall but will keep everyone posted.

JAE, some year :thumbsup:

Mark

Thanks for the nice comments.

Jay, I hate to tell you, but you will no doubt be hounded, just warning you. I belive you and phil have been talking about adjustable accuators, thats a must, few other parts on my wish list you may be able to help with.

Oh dont worry Enzo, I am, though high boost is only used for victim hunting off roundabouts in 2nd

Have to get to a few meets too

Mark

its about time u posted in your own thread!!!!

Update - for his birthday this week our sister, my girlfriend carol and myself have all clubbed together and bought Mark a new Sony Xplod headunit for the GT, she desperately needed one as the one in it just stopped workin everytime u hit a bump! As mark has said, i have run the power cable for the amp throught the fire wall and have started to route the phono and speaker wires from the boot and under the floor carpet. more than likely we will do a set up very similar to what is in my car, keep it simple and smart. i believe then that birthday money will go towards certain handling parts.

Phil.

Quiet You.

Well Sony headunit is fitted and works a treat so thank-you very much.

Carrozzeria rear speakers are now in the bin as they didnt work properly, between the 2 4way speakers you had 1 4way. So off I went and got a set of Kenwood 4way speakers to fill in the gap.

Hopefully by the end of the night it will be almost done and working.

As Phil said, b'day money is going towards struts, if i can get the ones im after

Think that is all for now

its one niggily STUPID problem-that-shouldnt-be-a-problem after another with this car so far.

as mark said, because i said it in the garage earlier, two steps forward and one step back. sound system is finished, exhuast should have been a piece of piss, few bolts, learn as we go along, but no. one of them was already badly rounded and it didnt take much to make it worse. vice-grips, needle-nose-vice-grips, nothing budged it. and all the dremel has succeeded in doin is to fuse the nut to the damn bolt. it should have been so simple but no, another stupid problem thats barey worth being annoyed about but just pisses u off, especially when all mark wants to do is DRIVE the damn thing, but the blowing exhuast doesnt aid performance or fuel consumption.

we'll get it sorted, would just have been nice to have had it finished in one evening. perhaps the easiest option rather than cutting the bolt off and the drilling it out is to simply drop the cat off too and replace it with a decat. recommend a GOOD decat anyone?

Phil.

• 1 month later...

Well time for a bit of an up-date, will get pics sorted asap, hate modern technology.

Phil and I have been busy with the GT and collected a few wee things and still have a few things to fit.

Added:

Boot install- sub, amp 6x9s, new headunit,

New Momo Gearknob,

K+N panel filter,

Zisco C-pillar bar, thank-you Jay :lol:

Still to go in:

Alarm,

Oil catch can,

Turbo timer,

SPS De-cat, very shinny and light, very happy

Cobra Bucket Seats

Think thats all thats lying around