• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C-pillar bar is great, roundbouts and exits off roundabouts much more fun.

Turns out we now reckon this is a Zisco one not ZEP but still very good peice of kit, well recommended to anyone looking for handling upgrades.

Off to start the de-cat soon

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

its just misbehaving and there is absolutely NO call for it!

in the words of Tim Westwood - Its BANG out of order!

mark was driving home a few days ago when all of a sudden the car lost all its grunt, it was still running, but it had no get-up-and-go. we took the exhuast off to find a massive hole which is fair enough as its the original exhaust. so, we replaced it with an SPS decat and a much better condition exhaust from Jay. finally got it all done tonight, took it a tet drive and its slower than my N/a - seriously. the car runs but its dead and theres no boost kickin in at all. there's boost pressure alright as u can see the needle move in the cluster, and she dumps when u come off the gas, but the boost doesnt come in at all and its slower than my car. we have checked everything over, the exhaust isnt blowing, there was a slight blow from the join between the decat and the exhaust but thats no biggy and is easily solved with Gum Gum, all hoses are connected correctly, all vacuums are connected, all sensors and plugs appear connected ok - yet its still running as it did before the exhaust and decat swap.

What. The. F*ck!

phoned Jay and even he is stumped. i dont think its anything overly sinister as there is no blue or white smoke from the exhaust, all the fluids are at the correct levels, so im thinking its something STUPID! the fact that all the power just died mid-drive when it had been fine just seconds before would make me think a popped vacuum line or a blown fuse - but as im new to turbo EPs its just baffling us. the car hasnt run in 3 or 4 days and mark needs it, but we're concerned about driving it like this incase theres damage being done.

What! The! F*CK!

someone - please please please help!

Phil.

Phil.

If the car keeps this up expect to see it in the for sale section

Damien, all looks clear, even stripped the airbox and nothing hiding in there.

Sitting still the car car revs and dumps fine, go to drive and nout.

Idrees, I wish there was a light but nothing is flashing at me

Cheers

Mark

Such a stupid little thing, water had got down onto the fourth spark plug and was causing the car to misfire and so no power was there.

Pays to have a torch and look down onto the sparks.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks chaps.

Yeah Im really enjoying it at the min Si, and as Phil said, De-cat is great, even fun on low boost.

New sparks will be ordered soon and hopefully leads not too far off either.

Cheers

Mark

• 1 month later...

this is the bitchiest car of all the times in the world yes!!!!!!!!

car is goin well with the decat, although we couldnt get it braced to the block for some reason which is a tad odd for an SPS part to be awkward.

we are having suspension issues, the Potenzas appear to have decided they dont want to play anymore, so we will be retrieving the stock units from Jay ASAP and then lookin for a simple set of lowering springs instead. so we didnt get that fixed tonight.

then, when plumbing in catch can, the PCV valve shattered like a straight mans anus in an american prison POOW!!!!!! f**ked. so now the bitch cant be moved, truly wonderful. its a good job Mark's new bike is here for him to amuse himself with or this thing would have been burnt out by now for being an awkward whore. so, we didnt get the catch can done tonight either.

finally, i have fitted a set of white Jayz Garage decals to the rear quarter windows, and i am pleased to say that went smoothly - halleF**KINllujah!

so, new PCV valve required and the catchcan can be finished, and stock suspension back on and that'll be that sorted.

thankfully the boot install is all running smoothly and sounding ubes or i might actually cry!

Phil.

• 1 month later...

Well Car is back on standard shocks and springs, doesn't look as good anymore but the ride is much better, tempted to leave it and just add front and rear ARBs and rear strut, who knows.

Finally got rid of all the blue in the engine bay, oil catch can hoses will be replaced too.

Still to do pedals and seats but here is a few pics anyway

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Mark

Oh yes Phil, pedals are to go on.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM thats tempting, seeing as i have two already done metallic black, wonder what colour i could do the other 2

Cheers Luke. Its spot on, good and loud, good for metal blasting :thumbsup:

Mark