• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Well the GT is parked up at the min while it gets some much needed TLC, the list is as follows:

- new front discs and pads

- new rear pads

- new spark plugs (perhaps leads too)

- change of oil and oil filter

- tyres, actually new (to me) wheels that will prob end up as winter wheels

- front wipers

- tax and MOT

Then there is the "other stuff" list

- fix splitter

- fit seats

- pay jay for :thumbsup: and stop talking to him as he always has stuff I want :rolleyes:

But out to-day I went to start looking at the brakes, rears first and:

DSC_0031-1.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well this morning I went to my local friendly EP garage for some EP goodness, banter and a racing that I wasnt expecting lol.

Anyway back I came with a nice little selection of parts

DSC_0046.jpg

Wheels are in very good condition for age, bit of surface dirt but not 1 kerb mark, will get a clean up and new lick of silver or ......

3-point will not be staying silver for long

Cig litter, dont use it but mine was missing and I couldnt stand the whole no more

DSC_0049.jpg

Mock up

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

Cheers Jay for all

Mark

He always does lol.

The wheels have good tires on them and where OEM, and will do for winter too.

Dont know about changing colour, they are in such good un-kerbed condition but might, will have to ponder over it all and see

Cheers

mark

Yes good to see you too Jay, glad to see you up and about too, cheers for all the bits.

Ah shhhhhhhhhhhh, you surprised me, i dont remember the last time i lifted a PS remote, but be warned, i will find mine and whatever copy of GT i have and I'll be back.

Cheers bro, im well chuffed with them all.

Got some time there to-night and got the wire wool out to the 3-point and the wheels, paint is awaiting.

Mark

Car is not wanting to let go. Went out this morning and changed over the rear pads and rear wheels, however the driver side bleed nipple decided it didnt want to go back in, was going nice and easy then

DSC_0054.jpg

The rest of it lies here

DSC_0052.jpg

Alot of swearing later i moved to rear strut, had to trim sub floor but its in, will get pics later when Phil trims carpet.

Onto the front thinking happy days, I know the discs are bad but the pads are fast road pads put in a little over a yr ago by the previous owner, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NOPE

Discs suck so bad they arent even going back on, and as for the pads, dont even get me started, they are fucking standard pads and they are shot to hell

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

And this is only the drivers side

f**k me sideways this is one prick of a car.

on the plus side, the strut will be a quick fix and it'll be fitted fairly soon.

and the front brakes aren't really a road bump, they just need replaced, which is more money....prrrrrrrrrrrick!

as for the rear bleed nurp, i'm sure Jay can hook us up with a replacement!

Chin up dude, its still progress! two steps forward one step back is still moving forward!

at least none of it is serious!

Phil.

Rear strut is awaiting your trimming.

Im gona go see if i can get her up on the axle stands and get the other side off and scare me some more, wont be out of the garage anytime soon.

Yeah spoke to Jay, but without the front done cant do much.

Still onwards and upwards

Mark