★ Amjad's Sutāretto ッ ★ HKS exhaust fitted! :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers dude, it was just professionally machine polished about a month ago.

Generally I polish it by hand using Auto Glym Super Resin Polish, but I've only used a diluted quick detailer between washes since getting the machine polishing done :)

No worries lol it cost me £50, which is pretty good price!

I'd like to be able to do it myself but the machines cost a fair bit and I don't trust myself :)

Sort of an update :D

Got the airbox fitted today, driving around for 30mins or so and I decided I didn't like it as much as the Apiro cone filter! It did have good response with the old exhaust system, but wasn't as good top-end. Now it feels really restrictive as the 2" exhaust has sorted the breathing a fair bit!

The Ebay filter feels much torquier and has better pick up and makes it pretty nippy from 2200rpm!

With the Apex'i filter and the old exhaust system, that felt worse than then Ebay filter at the time, slow to pick up and as restrictive as the K&N until 3000rpm.

I tried it again today, and it works brilliantly with the new exhaust! Throttle response is completely smooth & crisp and still has the power to match the Ebay filter..plus the filtration is obviously going to be of a higher standard on the Apex'i, so I'll be sticking with it! :p

Was hoping to have the headlights done today but I didn't get a chance unfortunately, should be done soon though fingers crossed along with an Earthing kit :D

• 2 weeks later...

Driving along at 30mph, nice long open road with a clear view, I was nearing a non-traffic lighted junction, when a Volvo decides to pull out to cross the junction (which is now only several yards away) rather than give way. Not only does he not wait until the coast is clear to drive on thorugh, but is STUPID enough to stop in the middle of the road rather than carrying on and at least getting out of the way of oncoming cars. SLAMMED on the brakes and literally stopped about 3 inches short of T-Boning the Bastard's heap of Swedish shit by about 3 inches :p

Rant over..but fcuk me am I glad I sorted my pads/lines/fluid out recently! Seriously I don't think the stock items would have stopped me in time!

A little addition to the detailing kit as suggested by many; Meguiar's Tyre Dressing with Applicator Pad ^_^ (along with lacquer to spray all the parts I didn't bother clear coating a few months ago lol)

f1ad5523.jpg

Haven't really done anything since Japfest in May so don't be execting anything guys :(

I may however, have an update on the Bodywork/Styling front soon..and no it isn't anything Glanza :(

Too preoccupied on my days off as of late so sadly I'm yet to do the Headlight mod :p

Very close Dan! lol

Nothing more to say, just that I justifiably ranted at him like a nutcase :(

Well as you now know, the front end will remain a mystery for the time being :p