★ Amjad's Sutāretto ッ ★ HKS exhaust fitted! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of differing opinions! Thanks for all of them, keeps it interesting :(

The wheels are done and on the car, those who were at Japfest 2 will have seen them on the GT and they look very different in person in comparison to pics, very happy with them! There was a reaction on one of the spokes but meh you can't tell too much!

Took the car for an early MOT a few days ago, failed on the nearside front top mount having excessive play :(

Apart from that all good so I need to sort that. Gotta arrange insurance, tax and get my plate on too (as I still have a few weeks of MOT left from last year's test)

Had another read thought this thread, She's came along way since you first bought her

Wanna sell me the exhaust?

Thanks Dan I appreciate it mate! And sorry, but I don't think I can ever break this car :(

Hopefully this thing should be on the road before long, can't wait! Pics will be up soon too

So the car has finally been taxed, insured and is on the road once again :(

Had a very enjoyable drive last night, forgot how much fun you can actually have in a humble little NA :(

IMAG0073-1.jpg

IMAG0055-1.jpg

IMAG0056-1.jpg

IMAG0070-1.jpg

IMAG0057-1.jpg

IMAG0075-1.jpg

IMAG0066-1.jpgIMAG0076-1.jpg

IMAG0080-1.jpg

IMAG0063-1.jpg

IMAG0062-1.jpg

IMAG0079-1.jpg

IMAG0081-1.jpg

IMAG0061-1.jpg

IMAG0082-1.jpg

IMAG0083-1.jpg

IMAG0074-1.jpg

I think the 7th image reflects the colour of the wheels the best, hard getting them to show in pics!

Nothing planned now really, just enjoying the frugality and fun of this little thing once again :o

not a fan of the pink wheels on here sorry bro :/ think the black 1s look so much better on here, and these looks at home on the gt :/

and you need to polish some green back into it, it looks black haha or is it the infamous bb camera making it look odd?

still a beaut though, i just think you got the wheels on the wrong cars :( lol

• 1 month later...

Totally forgot to check this thread until now! Thanks guys for the nice words!

Awesome looking N/A

Think this is the best looking n/a on here, she is a real credit to you mate

as ive said for a long time. the best looking n/a on the site i think

loving this car everytime, its a shame mine in 6p3 lol

Good to see it back on the road actually, one awsome looking n/a

awesome work as always dude.

and Crystal headlights with protectors are for WINNERS!

however, how you got a pattern from them with HIDs i'll never know because i couldnt.

lookin good man!

Phil.

Wheels do look better than i expected to be honest!

Awesome to see this little thing back too

looks awesome man! good to see her back on the road

Too kind guys really, thank you :]

not a fan of the pink wheels on here sorry bro :/ think the black 1s look so much better on here, and these looks at home on the gt

and you need to polish some green back into it, it looks black haha or is it the infamous bb camera making it look odd?

still a beaut though, i just think you got the wheels on the wrong cars lol

A lot of people have said the pink wheels suit the GT more, but I realllly want to spray the GT calipers pink against black wheels. And yeah it's the combination of bad light and my brother HTC camera that makes it look black lol I usually use my mums cam to take pics

Those wheels do look sweet when its sat properly. Good job you didn't change the top mount dude lol. Saw you by capitol centre around 8 ish too sounds sweet

Thanks to you James haha! Thanks man, I forget how loud this thing is!

looking good mate. personally i wouldnt have the balls to paint my wheels pink but they do look good on there.

fire me a quick pm with your address mate, ive something here for you

Haha thanks dude, totally forgot about that, PM coming

looks mint mate, love that colour suits it more than expected

id probz swop you for my glanza S tbh

are you going to jae? if yes, which car you taking?

Cheers Jonny! Wow a swap for a Glanza S! ;)

Nah can't make it to JAE unfortunately, next show is likely to be anything following June! :p

Anyhoo been getting used to the 100bhp deficit this has from the GT lol but loving it nonetheless!

-Found my Front ARB polybushes after MONTHS so hopefully getting them fitted asap so looking forwards to seeing what difference they make!

-Also thinking of fitting the GT calipers and discs to this, anyone know if they're any bigger than NA ones? As NA brakes are pants!

Amjad

*Update*

So I finally managed to fit the Poly-bush kit yesterday:

-Fresh drop-links and nuts

-Poly-bushes for drop-links

-Poly-bushes to replce the 20mm arch bushes near centre of front ARB

Before..

IMG-20110909-00588.jpg

IMG-20110909-00590.jpg

Old vs New

IMG-20110909-00592.jpg

After..

IMG-20110909-00589.jpg

IMG-20110909-00593.jpg

Wow what a difference they've made!

1. Firstly noticed that the ride is so much smoother, was totally not expecting this as I thought it'd be harsher. And on PI springs it's bad enough already, so it was a nice surprise!

2. May be a placebo effect, but I think the car pick up speed a bit more sharply, might be because there's less flex so more power transferred to the road/more efficiently?

3. Handling setup is OEM front brace, Cusco rear brace, PI springs, Whiteline ALK & Whiteline RARB with Toyo T1R tyres. With this lot I feel the car did handle well, but the front end did roll quite a bit in cornering. The bushes have improved it sooo much! Handles a LOT flatter changes direction more smoothly, and I can easily go through a certain roundabout 5-10mph quicker than before. It's got rid of the skittishness and hint of understeer that was there before and the car is even more of a joy in the bends

I don't think I've reached the full potential of the setup yet either, I tested the car with high tyre pressure (that I run for economy), one wheel has a bit of +ive camber that I need to sort and I think the car could still push more speed through the corners. Better tyres would certainly help too, I'm planning to get Uniroyal Rainsport 2s in the future as I reckon the tyres are letting it down a bit.

All in all the bushes have made a HUGE difference, and for £50 I reckon its a MUST DO mod. I think they made about as big of an impact as a RARB, definitely worth the money :lol:

Tried to fit the GT brakes but my NA carriers are stuck :wub: lol

Amjad

• 4 weeks later...

Haha I took those pics about 2 years back when I was there :)

Once saw a GT Turbo when I was there thinking what lucky mofo owns that! Haha

You may have seen me in my GT up Pontyclun, been down there a few times but this is months ago!

Haha I took those pics about 2 years back when I was there :)

Once saw a GT Turbo when I was there thinking what lucky mofo owns that! Haha

You may have seen me in my GT up Pontyclun, been down there a few times but this is months ago!

Yeah you were behind me heading to brynsadler, on that 40mph road, i kept reving my engine and slowing down and speeding up to get your attention, but you just didnt seem to care :L i was so exited, i was with my girlfriend and i was like look behind us look behind us! getting myself proper exited about your car ahah! you werent phased at all though, then you pulled over by the shops in pontyclun, i was this close to turning around pulling up next to you and just saying 'nice car' and driving off!

Haha it must have been someone else then, I'd probably have noticed you! Only been in Pontyclun to see local member James (CJ Performance), don't think I stopped at shops either so couldn't have been me :)

• 2 months later...

*Small update*

Big thanks to Gary@GBR, Turbo Grant & Shorty, I finally got my tracking issue sorted! Here's the before

004488f5.jpg

Got new OE strut bolts that allow more adjustment from Gary@GBR (thanks again!) so out came these

d3b03bfa.jpg

And in went these

f2bd99eb.jpg

To give -ive camber ;)

2eb6e5c0.jpg

And on went a set of Rainsport 2s (put the other set on the Leon)

a5a45846.jpg

At

8bb2d645.jpg

Drove back from Southampton to Cardiff on a wet night a few days ago and the tyres are awesome! Handling has improved a massive amount too now but I'm taking it easy due to the obvious dangers of winter driving!

Not really much else to say but she's been a reliable runner the past few months, can't believe it hasn't been washed since August though. Anyone who knows me will be shocked reading that haha! ;)

Future plans may include getting a bit of paintwork done as the bumper and bootlid paint is cracking, and maybe another surprise on the aesthetics front.

Apart from that I'm needing a new clutch and will hope to fit the old GT front brake setup in a week or so! :)

Amjad

• 5 weeks later...

*Update 17/01/12

Thanks to James @ CJ Performance who helped me with getting the old GT front brake setup on this one :)

I used the Greenstuff pads I was using with the NA setup. The Discs are OEM off the GT but are slightly bigger and thicker than the Black Diamond ones that were on the NA so have made a considerable difference! A nice stamp on the pedal stops you well and true without you fearing for your life :lol:

And it no longer feels like I'm about to rear end people all the time which is nice haha! Well worth doing! Didn't manage to get any pics but there's nothing too special to see really! When the discs and pads need replacing I think I'll get a CRN Disc and Redstuff setup!

Also as I was back home I gave the car it's first wash and (kind of) detail in about 6 months :o

-Washed 2x with Meg's Hyper Wash Shampoo

-Lights polished with Meg's Compound X

-1 layer of Collinite 476 wax all over

-Meg's Gold Class Endurance Tyre Gloss applied

Apologies the car park pictures are rubbish! Don't show the wheels colour very well either! (PS spot the nice new tyres UR2s ftw!)

20120106_144856.jpg

20120106_144910.jpg

20120106_144932.jpg

20120106_144947.jpg

20120106_145001.jpg

20120107_094756_tonemapped.jpg

20120107_100408_tonemapped.jpg

Check out the beading! :D

20120107_094803_tonemapped.jpg

20120107_094808_tonemapped.jpg

20120107_094819_tonemapped.jpg

Next job on the list is a clutch replacement and some paintwork!

Hope you like!

Amjad