The Gt Is Mapped!

Firstly I cant thank Paul and Greg at Weston Performance enough, they seemed a great bunch of guys when I was on the phone to them and when I took the GT up on Saturday they showed me around the place and all the cars that were there, plus they knew I wanted my car mapped for Japfest and managed to squeeze me into their tight schedule, top bunch of guys and I can see why Dane and TurboDave used them smile.gif

On to the results, the GT made 185hp atf and 185ft lbs of torque. I am over the moon with that. I will post it in the rolling road section when I get the car back and the graph.

My mods are

Japspeed manifold and decat

Apexi N1 cat back

HDI front mount intercooler

Standard CT9 with ported wastegate

Front mount filter kit

Apexi AVCR

Emanage Blue

Caint wait to pick it up tomorrow now and see what she performs like biggrin.gif

I definitely recommend using Weston and I will be using them again for sure smile.gif

Lewis

Guest Enzo

great show sparks, all i can say is your gona love driving that, as you have an lsd, that ep should be leathaly effective in your hands man!

let all take a step back to work out how effective this should be as you have not driven it yet, ((hopefully this will give you rough idea of what your jumping into! a beast!))

so 185bhp

and a weight of 860kg yea?

gives a power to weight ratio of 218.57!!!

now the fun part comparing that figure with some fast cars and putting it into context, all statiticaly correct!

Glanza v.........................146.89

Focus ST........................162.04

Corsa 1.6 VXR................164.69

Civic Type-R (EP3).......... 166.39

Megane 225 Cup.............167.71

Civic Type-R (EK9)..........176.12

ImprezaSti PPP 2.5 MY.....207.29

New Focus RS!!(300bhp)...208.47

Lancer Evo X FQ330.........211.03

Skyline R33 GT-R VSpec...211.13

911 (996)Carrera 4S........ 218.42

sparkys ep82 gtt..............218.57

light is might dude!!

Mint Geo mate!!

I worked it out as 231hp/per tonne but I rounded to 800kg :lol:

What do you rekon mine weighs with interior out, a/c gone lightweight wheels etc? I will get it weighed fully ladened with driver and see what it is but it should be impressive ;)

Added a few more, damn those Clios are rubbish :lol:

M3 would be a good race ;)

Clio Sport 197.................156.45

Clio v6 255hp...................182.14

E46 M3.............................226.1

Focus ST........................162.04

Corsa 1.6 VXR................164.69

Civic Type-R (EP3).......... 166.39

Megane 225 Cup.............167.71

Civic Type-R (EK9)..........176.12

ImprezaSti PPP 2.5 MY.....207.29

New Focus RS!!(300bhp)...208.47

Lancer Evo X FQ330.........211.03

Skyline R33 GT-R VSpec...211.13

911 (996)Carrera 4S........ 218.42

sparkys ep82 gtt..............218.57

I think I'll be going to them if they're still in business in a year or two from now.

How long does the actual mapping take? As I'm local could it be a case of taking it on the morning and driving it away the same day?

Obviously you couldn't do that as you live miles away.

Guest Enzo
Thats mint sparky,

How do you work that power to weight ratio enzo?

getting mines rolling roaded at the end of the month and want to know what mines is

Gary

hey Gaz that site has it coverd but for future refrence to find the bhp per ton its

power x 1000kgs / weight = answer

Put a standard GT/Glanza in there for comparison. ;)

done mate, im going to construct a power to weight ratio board/page and stick a link to it in the side panel that will list all cars and members cars, just so poeple have a firm idea of how potent these eps can be :lol:

~50 bhp makes an incredible difference.

And to think it can be achieved with only the so called "stage 1" modifications plus a front mounted intercooler and a good E-manage tune...

good result sparky :lol: she coming on mate ;)

and geo defo put that in the side bar as i want to see what mine is power/weight when done i'm aiming for no less than 230bhp so if i done my calculations correct my gt would be 267bhp per ton ;)

Cheers guys @ Ste mines pretty much just a few bolt ons witha good remap so I think just over 50bhp is a bloody good gain!!

I would highly recommend these guys to anyone they are good as gold.

And yes I could of drove away the same day, takes 3 hours max but I had to leave it there as I couldnt take it up in the week for it to be done.

That's sorted then, now I just need to get saving lol...

I'm hoping to get 180+ on "budget" parts i.e. not paying through the nose for expensive parts when there are cheap alternatives like SPS manifolds and decats, exhaust systems from TM developments, HDI intercooler, etc.

Weston performance is only 45 mins - 1 hr away from me aswell. :lol: