98' Toyota Starlet SR

Hi guys, thought i would start a thread so i can update my progress.

I paid £900, the owner was looking for around a 1000 but we knocked them down.

I'm not doing any major mods to it yet as i haven't even passed my test yet (im not even 17 yet haha!)

When i first brought her she wasn't very clean and never had a wax or polish in her life !

S.jpg

Starlet.jpg

Starlet2.jpg

Here she is after a nice clean and wax -

IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3020.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG

IMG_3024.JPG

IMG_3025.JPG

Today i have took the back stickers off (the ones on the boot) as they were all green around the edges and i think it looks better with them :angry2: And i also took the one of the bonnet. Haven't got any pictures yet as it is quite dirty and needs a clean again.

Just ordered some clear side repeaters and im looking for some clear indicators now :(

Its due for a MOT very soon (i think its due for one now) so it should pass with flying colours B)

Its just sitting on my drive and every time i look at it i just wanna get it in ! :(

So thats my first car and my first ever project B)

Cheers for reading guys and gals ! :wub:

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You done a very good job cleaning that!!

Looks MINT mate really nice love white SR's always wanted one for my first car but ended up with a Caribbean Blue one which was a good choice :angry2:

I wouldnt do too much to that in all honesty I love the look of SR's, looks to be lowered a nice amount aswell just spray the speedlines white and strip it and buckets :wub:

£900? Thats a steal!

Congratulations on the buy, it seems to be a right minter. Keep the side graphics though buddy, they set it apart from the rest! Its an SR, its OEM :angry2:

Look forward to seeing what you do.

You done a very good job cleaning that!!

Looks MINT mate really nice love white SR's always wanted one for my first car but ended up with a Caribbean Blue one which was a good choice :angry2:

I wouldnt do too much to that in all honesty I love the look of SR's, looks to be lowered a nice amount aswell just spray the speedlines white and strip it and buckets :wub:

Yeah the speedlines need a nice refurb and i might spray them white!

£900? Thats a steal!

Congratulations on the buy, it seems to be a right minter. Keep the side graphics though buddy, they set it apart from the rest! Its an SR, its OEM B)

Look forward to seeing what you do.

Yup 900, i think im gunna keep the side graphics yeah, i wasn't to kean on them but they have grew on me now :(

Its so clean and tidy matey, What products did you use to clean it with??

Wish i would have bought a white one now, they just look so aggressive :angry2:

Cheers mate :wub:

I carnt remember i used that many haha! ill go have a look in the garage in a bit mate!

I was in the same boat as you mate, having a car just sitting there before you can drive it is a real killer.

I know it sounds sad but i spent aggeeess just sitting in mine lol

I was in the same boat as you mate, having a car just sitting there before you can drive it is a real killer.

I know it sounds sad but i spent aggeeess just sitting in mine lol

Lmao :wub::angry2:

now THAT is sweet!

i love the look of the SRs, and thats a very clean one you have found yourself there man!!!

as Sparky has said, i wouldnt do too much to that - refurb the wheels, clear indicators is a good clean look, and some fresh factory decals all round! she's an SR, get them decals replaced with new ones so everyone KNOWS its an SR!!!

very nice dude! and £900 is a freakin BARGAIN!

Phil.

i wouldnt do too much to that - refurb the wheels, clear indicators is a good clean look, and some fresh factory decals all round! she's an SR, get them decals replaced with new ones so everyone KNOWS its an SR!!!

Phil.

Listen to this man he talks lots of sense!! tidy motor though love it just keep it nice and clean and simple!! it will be loved!! :angry2:

well done buddy you got a serious deal there, thats one clean looking sr

Cheers mate :angry2:

Well tomorrow i might give her a clean but my dad said he will take me to his work so i can have a drive in her :(

:wub:

Well received my clear indicators today from B19YUL, he sent them yesterday and i got them today ! :)

I can't take any pics yet as the parents are on holiday and took the camera!

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been ages since i updated with pictures :p

So here she is with clear side repeaters and clear indicator lenses :p

Only did a few snaps.

Here she is with her clear indicatorss

Clear.JPG

And here with her clear side repeaters :p

Indicator.JPG

Inicator%20Close.JPG

Coming along nicely luke, not keen on the mats i personally think they look chavy, i would put the standard ones back in.

Whats next on the list then bud?

chanelle x

Cheers Chanelle and yeah im gunna stick the originals back in :p

Well not much on the list until i pass my test.

Spray center console & black plastic above the dials to white, maybe get some GT seats and thats it.

When i pass will be putting on the exhaust thats in the boot :p

You do realise that the gt seats wont fit straight in though bud dont you, you will need to get them welded on.

What exhaust have you got?

chanelle x

Yup :p

Im wanting GT seats over Glanza's cause i think they look better but i shall see what comes around :p

And its the standard SR exhaust, TTE is it?

Loooking well mate I had them mats in my first n/a :p

Also had blue footwell neons ;)

I know shocking but this was 5 years ago nearly and it was the in thing at the time and looked quite cool reflecting off the mats so :thumbsup::blink:

GT seats and rails will fit, just the one bolt hole needs modifying slightly on either the driver or passenger seat cant remember which one, thinking about putting my seats in the n/a