• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice car...

And VERY nice engine bay...

What brand/model and size are your wheels?

And how much is it lowered, with what springs/suspension?

the wheels are 16" bsa sygnus. think you can pick them up for about £350 without tyres.

it is lowered 40mm on Pi springs which can be picked up off ebay, it says 40mm but looks a lot more

cheers keirz

the models a sportif mate,

the badge on the front is a bushido japanese badge. available from a shop on ebay. think its called italian things or something like that. i thought it looks cool but it doesnt complety cover the holes on the front which is a bit bob.

thanks for the warning on the suspension mate, i'll look into that.

cheers keiran.

• 3 weeks later...
You've a handsome lookin motor there bro... I love those rims... When you de-badged the back... Is it easy to do?, and does it leave a killer sticker mark thats needs to be re-sprayed over?

Cheers Mart...

very easy mate. i just used a hair dryer and then any left over glue i just buffed off with scratch remover and electric buffer. ive heard petrol is good for glue removal (would'nt try untill confermed). mine was sound with no color difference behind it and all glue came off. worth a try mate.

cheers mate, keiran

new pics of my latest mods. in my attempts to reduce engine tempuratures ive fitted thermo tec heat wrap and raised my bonnet. next is the new air filter and cooling panel, soon hopefully.

PHOT0026.jpg

PHOT0027.jpg

What did you use to raise the bonnet washers is it? If so how many or what size? :D

Looking good mate

washers it was mate. i used about 4 and all together its about 1.5 cm. needed longer bolts but if you get some which are 1.5 cm longer its sound. you only have to do it to the top bolt on each bracket aswell. if you do it let me know if you can feel a difference, cuz if not i must be imagining it!

bummer. at least with the money you save on petrol can be spent elsewhere. i fancy a full respray in matt grey and a few minor stone dints took out down the side. they didn't bother me at first but now they wind me up. will look sweet when you get it back on the streets then. keirz

• 2 weeks later...

little update. new wheels on the way soon, had a bit of a delay due to stock issues but they are being cool about it and chucking in some free stuff. watch this space. the old ones are for sale in the traders section if anyones interested. £350 notts area collection. keirz

• 2 weeks later...

Still no sign of wheels yet but been busy while waiting. painted my calipers and also made some custom decals. just need the wheels now to complete the new look. new carbon air filter coming as well. what do you reckon.

frontsign.jpg

rearsign.jpg

PHOT0035.jpg

they are japanese new driver signs for those who are unsure.

let me know if you want any info on what you need to create your own decals and il post it in the how 2 section.

• 2 weeks later...

well here they are.......

000_0045.jpg

000_0042.jpg

and the air filter. the over sized pipe is a wee bit extreme but it does the job well.

000_0046.jpg

what you reckon. the pics arent the best but planning on doing a decent photoshoot soon. maybe at donnington jap show on sat.

cheers mate. the lip is lime green, crazy i know but when you see it they look good and ive never seen it done before.

will get some good pics soon, cuz i aint done any arty ones yet.

as for the airfilter ive been reading alot about it and this seems to tick all the boxes. its heat shelded, small filter and has a large direct cold air feed. to be honest it sounds awsome and there seems to be beter response lower down the revs.

keirz