Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cheers sparkdog.

its pretty quick yeah, but as i say, Jay isn't happy with it, he thinks she's holding back, and Spuddy reckons she may even be running in a safe mode, hence this odd slipping or misfire thing, and the rather crap fuel consumption.

we'll soon see on sunday man!

Phil.

My car used to do this before I got my FMIC and filter relocation.

I used to disconnect/reconnect the battery and it used to go back to normal mode. Give that a try see if it goes any better :lol:

ok, plugs havnt arrived yet which is a bit of a prick because i'd hoped to have them for goin to the Costa tomorrow.

however, only Nanglebadger could go to the Belfast Motorbike show and manage to purchase something for the car!!! I'll infiltrate them biker types one show at a time!!!! mu'hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Autoglym were there, so i thought i'd pester the man on the stand! had a yarn about how i had used SRP, the Extra Gloss Protection, then a Meguiars cleaner wax, and that i'd heard of the Autoglym High Definition wax but didnt own any as i had the full tub of Meg's. He demonstrated the effect of the HD wax on water, and told me i'm wasting my time with the EGP, all i needed to do was SRP and wax.....so, i felt obliged after pickin his brain to buy some of the HD wax even though i really dont need it right now.....£10 cheaper direct from Autoglym than from Halfords! get in!!! so i wont need to buy wax for about 10years now!

really glad i went along to the show, gettin the chance to talk to a pro was worth the entrance fee alone!

Phil.

Home from the Costa.

good day all round, spent some time at Kirky with weejohn and ted and their trackcar, and had a good nosey round an old supra (Mk1????), gorgeous thing it was too.

as for my car.....power steering belt is now sorted and so far she's squeak free!!! result.

however, Jay suspects that my Blitz SSBC is doin fuck all squared. The weird feeling coming from the car appears to have been a mild dose of fuel cut, so a bit of fiddling with some piping and thats sorted, and has reduced the boost to around 0.6/0.65bar, but there's no longer the shitty hesitation when she's trying to get up and go. so, as we can't get the boost any higher, next up will be an HKS actuator, then perhaps an FCD and a fuel reg. there's still alot more to be had, Jay would like to see her at 0.85bar, so manual boost control will have to be the way forward, and perhaps i'll pick up another EBC from somewhere.

Jay also ran a diagnostics test and checked the timing and fueling, all perfect on those fronts!

So, progress was made!

Phil.

Coming on nicely now phil, when i fitted the hks actuator to mine and upped the boost to 0.8 bar i gained 30 lbs ft when it was next dyno'd! You can certainly feel the little step up's in boost. As for your shit fuel consumption have you replaced the lamda sensor? or take it out and clean it.

thanks lads!

yeah Stevie a new belt has stopped the squeaking, i thought i heard somethin tonight but it may just be the cold outside.

i got my fog light from Express Autofactors in Larne mate, its just a universal one mostly used on trailers, at first i hated it because its massive, but the rectangular shape sits better than a square one i think.

@Jon...lamda sensor u say, no i havnt changed or cleaned that, i'll discuss that with Jay man thanks!!!

as u say Jon, u really do feel the small boost increases in these cars, everytime Jay tinkers at it I drive away with a grin on my face at the new response under my right foot!

Phil.

haha good point, i forgot we did the test!!! duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh Phil!!!!

also....replied to your PM on TGTT!!!! i think we'll have that!!

also, u may want to clean Joz's Nanageddon thread on TGTT dude, there's some "banter" between me Ryan V and some guy durmz or whatever that needs removed as no one cares. thanks man.

Phil.