Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hahah woohooooo i didnt get the technical shit wrong!

tbh, i'm happy with how she performs right now. the ONLY thing i would want to improve right now, is for her to HOLD 0.9bar solid as a rock, totally stable, thats the only thing i'd change.

she takes a few moments to really start to pick up, but once she passes about 0.65bar or so, i.e. when she really starts to get into her stride, she pulls really well, enough to have pissed off some arsewipes in bigger cars who only use their front windscreens, NOT their mirrors. I use the car to run in and out of work, about 60/65% motorway cruising at 75/80mph. i dont get that much chance to open the taps of third gear too often, and i havnt had a bulb in a corsa have a go yet which upsets me. The point is, for what i want her for, she is fine the way she is. i have no real plans to go after bigger horse power figures in the immediate future. If we could get her to hold 0.9bar solidly, i'd leave her be, save for perhaps porting the exhaust mani.

i have no plans to go changing turbos, and if i do, it wont be TD04 for one reason - the blitz decat and the stock mani are cast iron, it will take an atomic bomb to kill them, i.e. they are as reliable as its ever gonna get, and reliability with some nice grunt is the aim of this. ergo, if the turbo calves on me in due course, my prefered option will be a straight swap CT9 hybrid, thereby allowing the use of the blitz decat and the (maybe ported) stock mani.

maybe not the most adventurous of approaches, but i just want her to be bullet proof, thats all, with some grin-inducing, BMW/Audi-upsetting grunt that wont spit a rod or kill a gasket when i put the foot down in 3rd and 4th. Simple really.

also - received another couple of gauge mounts today, one for the EGT, and i ordered a spare incase Riko picks up a bargain.

Phil.

Can't argue with that!

Same as what I want when I get a Turbo, for it to be 100% reliable. I'm feeling the TD12 hybrids though, I don't think anyone's RR'ed them at 1 bar?

you are too kind man. there have been alot of helping hands in this car, I have been very lucky with my friends, and my brother. Jay, Nath, SiCaln, Rick, Harrison, WeeJohn, Alan D, my mechanic, my autospark, Geo, Joz, Idrees, Sparky, RIKO, the list goes on and on of those who have helped me along the way to get her where she is. It has by no means been an indivdual effort on my part.

I think its just fair to say, UKSC has helped get the car where it is today.

and Riko is being both a saint with the cambelt cover, and a PEST with his yahoo'ing!!!! the saucy minx!

Phil.

Awwww my names in there :D

Appreciate it mate, car is looking as awsome as ever :D

LOL @ the parcel ;)

u've done your bit over the years buddy!

thanks man.

Did riko win the auctions...YES HE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm gonna sex him!!!

so, that takes the Apexi EL1 60mm series collection to One manual boost gauge, one electronic EGT gauge, one electronic water temp, and one electronic oil temp! and the best bit?? he has secured them BOTH for nearly HALF what we paid for the EGT!!! SEXY PRICK!

that just leaves an oil pressure to source!!!

Happy camper!

Phil.

schweeeeeeeeeet!

all aligned up nicely! dead chuffed with how she feels now!!! if any of the NI lads are wanting to get their alignment done, i cant recommend Paul highly enough! takes SUPER good care of your wheels too! which is important to me!! lol!!! many thanks sir!!

also, got the EGT gauge mounted up and the wires run through the dash today, gonna offer some of the engineers in work some beer money if they'll drill my manifold for me! dont fancy drillin cast iron myself!! lol!!!

also paid a visit to Alan-E.....the details of our conversation must remain undisclosed for now, lets just say, i found his proposition most, most interesting.

Phil.

stay away from my car parts u whore! bad enough your tryin to swipe my parts from Alan-E! pesky thief!

Also, Project BadgerSport, now with multiple Apexis!!!! noice!

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

obviously they arent all gonna fit above the centre console, so i think i'll put the oil pressure next along (which we aint sourced yet) and the two temp ones will probably stretch infront of the passenger, above the glove box, pointed at me of course! Passenger dunt need to know wot temp my oil and water is, but i do, for funz!

Phil.

Sexy mate, Gauges look awesome there. That the exact same way i would mount them too.

Also i still have ToyTuning covers :) but im trying to make Mike At Monster Motorsport to produce some for me :)

see everything i said above about not changing the turbo...

ignore about 50% of it. I have a Blitz K1 set aside for me by a very kind local gentleman by the name of Alan-E. It fills my requirements in that it will retain the stock exhaust mani and the blitz decat.

wasnt plannin on doin anything, but called in yesterday and he said he had it sittin for me, cant argue really.

doin a bit of reading on the site, some of Jay's old posts about them being a bitch to set up have me a bit concerned, but i'm sure we can figure it out, it'll only be run at 0.9bar anyways. nor will this happen anytime soon as i have other things to sort first, like brakes. but thought i'd update anyway.

Project BadgerSport V2, to be powered by Blitz.

Phil.