Nanglebadgers work in progress

thanks gents, appreciate the kind words!

@daniel - thanks for taking the time to read the whole thing dude, means alot. and you hit the nail on the head there, without my bro and my mates most of this wouldnt have been possible! Jay, Alan and Joel have dug me out of many a hole over the years, and helped to improve and add unique bits and bobs to the car.

8L5 - nicest colour evar! :D

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahhhhh scaring corsa's is all part of the fun.

Ill stick my head under when home next month man and see what I can find out.

Least its rolling and even though its off road still in better shape and cleaner than the GT

she aint in better shape than your GT, not even close bro!

yeah at least she's semi-alive, just gotta find out why the hell she wont stop leaking. even spoke to Jay about it already.

she has now had a dosing of Autoglym HD Cleanser, so that takes us to the SRP stage. never knew how bad the stone chipping at the front was lol, tis shocking.

got a couple of bits shipped off to Dean at RW last week that will aid in the quest for an MOT pass, more on that when I know more. Dean's being a top lad as always of course!!

other than that, nothing to report, still on the hunt for an oil pressure gauge, and deciding what to do with the rear interior of the car. have an idea in mind but Joel might shout at me.

Phil.

She will certainly be cleaner than the gt, and I still have issues so 50 50 lol.

I could tell you horror stories about stone chipping but its alfa, ill save it to next time I'm speaking to you.

What you sending to dean?

And what's the boot plan?

Yup, it gives a little butterflies when it pops up. It made me a little sad when I noticed that you had stopped working on it for a while. Glad to se you are on it again.

Keep it up :-)

thanks chaps.

@Ryan - dont think it is the crank seals bud, we inspected the pulley-side one when we were fucking about at the oil pump, it was fine. thats not to say the gearbag side one isnt away though. so i'll bear that in mind mate thank-you!!

still plenty to be getting on with as always. gotta continue with the polishing and waxing, and looking out for a couple of optionals at the mo too.

Phil.

• 4 weeks later...

Operation "make the most of a shite paint job" continues.

Between yesterday and today she's had a dose of SRP and two coats of HD Wax, and the roof rubbers have been done in two separate Autoglym treatments.

Next I'll be turning my attention to the windows and cleaning them up with some polish and rain repellent.

exciting update.

Phil.

• 3 weeks later...

windows polished. next up, rain repellent on the windscreen and rear window. might do headlight protectors with it too. not that i plan to have it out in the rain.

found a small chip in the windscreen, not really sure its worth repairing at this stage due to the minimal road mileage its going to see in future.

Phil.

@Chris - I think my bro and dad use RainX on their visors for the bikes. I've been using the TurtleWax version after seeing how well it worked on Bower's SR. @Amjad - cheers dude, I'll bear that in mind.

I've a tube of good old fashioned Autosol that i'm going to start on the exhaust with and see how that gets on. it's a shame there's no way of sealing the finish on the end can to keep it shiny.

after that, i'll be waxing up the door shuts / sills, and the inner areas of the front doors to repel future grime. following that, it'll be time to turn attention to the bay and the interior.

Phil.

Edited by Nanglebadger

Update

Just bought a new in the box, white faced Apexi El1 pressure gauge, complete with all wiring and the sensor for £125 on ebay. not 100% sure if its 60mm or 52 mm, looks 60, there's no markings or description, but at this stage of 2 years worth of searching I no longer care. It had 3 other watchers, and I wasnt taking the risk of loosing it.

the item is in Fairbanks, Alaska, meaning shipping to NI was ~ £15, and import taxes were ~£32. at least.

on the plus side, I work for a company with a factory in Pennsylvania, to which shipping from Alaska was £1.57. From there, it goes in a manager's luggage, and boom, shipping and import taxes all go away.

seems too good to be true right now, the proof will be if it shows up at the warehouse door in the US, where a mate is expecting it. Failing that, it was purchased through Ebay with Paypal, so should have plenty of come back.

lets see if after two long years we can finally complete the set!

Phil.

@Matt - thanks for all your help bud! really appreciate it! Hopefully it wont have to go back on the list!

Chris - i know dude, the sad thing is I already have an oil pressure gauge, but I'm a completist, it was driving me mad not having the final matching gauge! I'm very very sad, i realise that lol.

Phil.