Nanglebadgers work in progress

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

excellent gentlemen thank u!!!

195/45/14 sounds like the way to go then! Rick has praise for the T1Rs in the rain, i'll phone my guy tomorrow and see wot he can get, he did say there were no rainsports in 14 tho!

Went to Jays today to collect some parts, ended up with more parts than i thought, i'll update asap!

Phil.

Loving those wheels phil my dear boy and hats oif the ricks refurb man they're beauuuuutifull!!! and at a good price too!! :angry:

i think you were on to something with vynil though just not the bonnet thought the entire car it would be cheaper than paint!! lol

haha Jay mate u sure as hell did!!!! thanks very much again for everything Jay my friend, and for helpin with the seicento, the arch was pulled back out by the wheel by the time we got to the top of your lane, we drove home at 40mph!!!! the tire is ruined lol!!!

well we took the sei-van down to Jays Garage yesterday to interupt the poor chap from tinkering at the RX7 and have a further drooooool over his project, and by the time we had finished off loading up the sei-van, this is all the parts we had lifted or jay had tossed in for fun!!

standard 4efe exhaust curtesy of Mr AlanD, thank u very much sir, hopefully i will one day meet u in person to say thank u!

DSC_0011-2.jpg

EP82 GT door cards with speaker pods, brackets and speakers, and also...the horn!!!! haha got these bad boys primed up already! (and before anyone asks, the watering can is my dads, i did not buy that from Jay!)

DSC_0010-2.jpg

and this....

DSC_0012-2.jpg

hahaha dont get too excited, this is a loaner from Jay so that we can have the bumper trimmed to fit it, if it fits the Blitz it will defo fit a GReddy!

Phil.

thanks gents!

ok, bumper first: its been washed down to remove the leaves and shit, and i have removed the fog light from it too, even if i wanted to use it it crumbled in my hands, junk, IN THE BIN!

DSC_0010-3.jpg

Indicators - now these were fun! u would think simply remove bub carrier from UK spec unit and insert it in Late spec unit yes?? me too, BUT the UK spec carriers have a different fitting pattern than the Late spec carriers, so u would then think swap bulbs over into Late spec carriers yes?? me too, however, UK spec carriers require an offset pin pattern, Late spec require a straight pin pattern! FUCK SAKE! so, rather than buyin straight pin silvatec bulbs at £15, its easier to trim the fitting pattern of the UK spec bulb carrier (~1mm from one of the small blocks in the fitment pattern) and insert this into the Late spec unit!!

HOW VERY FIDDLY!!!! typical toyota tho wouldnt u know!

DSC_0011-3.jpg

DSC_0012-3.jpg

DSC_0013-2.jpg

i know swapping clear units for other clear units seems daft, it did to me, but when u hold these babies in your hand and do a comparison, the late spec ones are SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much nicer! My thanks to both SiCaln and to Rick once again!

Phil.

yes mate, i have tested both sides and theres no issue, it was simply some plastic trimmin required, about 1mm each unit.

and thanks for the advice man! relly appreciate it!

yes dude, will have it covered over and smoothed off, probably just run the rear foggie i have now below the rear bumper, keep it simple for now.

The car will be goin into storage tomorrow. The alfa is away for repairs and so my car will no longer be able to sit in the garage. Its simply not safe sittin in the driveway at present, so for the foreseeable future she is going into a secure location where I can have access to her anytime I need or want. It sucks as i'll now be reliant on other people for transport, but until we make other arrangements at least my baby will be safe and snug!

Phil.

mate, you threw away my leaves and mud/stones?

i put them in there especially for you, you gay.

also, those corner lights, pics cant capture how lush they are. its one of those "have to see it irl" things.

i was skeptical until i actually had some in my hand.

i believe its another first phil. UK NA with crystal lights and crystal blinkers. i cant think of any.