• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God this is comeing on Dan good work mate ;)

I should be going down the forged route in the next 3month or so i've just got a good job so the next 3months wage is going on the V lol ;)

Are you still going down the 5E route next year?

God this is comeing on Dan good work mate :p

I should be going down the forged route in the next 3month or so i've just got a good job so the next 3months wage is going on the V lol ;)

Are you still going down the 5E route next year?

I am mate yeah, im going to experiment and see what figure i get out of a TD05 on the 4e, if its not enough then the 5E is going in..

The had has been sent off for the 5E for some serious work on it.

if you need a hand Micky then let me know dude.

engine will be coming out tomorrow all being well. ;)

I am mate yeah, im going to experiment and see what figure i get out of a TD05 on the 4e, if its not enough then the 5E is going in..

The had has been sent off for the 5E for some serious work on it.

if you need a hand Micky then let me know dude.

engine will be coming out tomorrow all being well. ;)

Thanks Dan

its a shame i dont live near you mate id love to be giveing you a hand takeing your engine out,i love stuf like that

Good look with it anyway mate, i will be keeping my eyes on this thread ;)

cheers mate, il be taking a load of photos tomorrow when its out.

I was going to have Nick build the engine for me, but i think im going to do it myself...... :p

4 months from now it will be running again ;) and then i can come help you do yours ;)

I thort you might of been doing it your self with all them vids off youtube you put up the other day ;)

I want to come and help you i (LOVE) stuf like that :p the only thing realy you need to know is all the torque settings thats about it :p looking forward to seeing your build through out the months keep up the good work mate ;)

yeah i saw that, i believe it was Dave from TMD that posted it.

Well im about to take the engine out in the next few minutes, woohoo..

I painted the inlet mani, rocker cover and fuel rail in matt black (going for the subtle look), when i was taking the fuel rail apart and it was stripped, i found a small spring on the floor???? has that come out of the fuel rail from somewere??

Il post a load of photos up later on tonight, will need to get an engine stand for the rebuild aswell.

cheers

**Update**

Well the heart of the car is out now, i decided to paint the inlet mani and fuel rail, the starter motor has been cleaned up.

Idropped the engine, gearbox & shafts out all together, dropped it down on the jack and dragged the fucker out lol, so i put the wheels back on and parked her up.

Monday im stripping the gearbox, shafts apart, take the head off and check for damage.

now i need to decide which pistons to go for, dont want to spend alot really lol.

005-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

the engine is getting totally stripped tomorrow, gearbox will end up looking like new and the block will get sent away to get bord out (75mm), im waiting for Dave @TMD to get back to me about the price on some rods and pistons.

So the parts I've decided to go for are;

PEC forged rods (possibly)

Wossner forged pistons (possibly)

Athena 1.4mm headgasket

TMD thermal inlet gasket (is it really worth getting one??)

ACL main,Big end,thrust bearings

ARP headbolts

New toyota oil pump (possibly unless the old one is ok)

BGA water pump

FAG timing belt tensioner

FAG timing belt idler

Kevlar timing belt (might just get the cheaper one)

Various toyota gaskets

New hoses

Magnetic sump plugs

If theres anything you lot think I've missed then let me know.

Cheers

Dan

Wow good work Dan i see you are not fucking about lol.

Im not sure about them thermal inlet gaskets i've never had any feedback about them or know of anyone useing one.What are they for and what do they help with?? lol

If i was you Dan i would do the job right get a new oil pump etc cause knowing your look you will put it all together and that will fail,And also when you come to put the 5E in next year you will be able to sell your 4E at a good price, yes i know its all about money but if its going to be off the road for 4month then whats the rush lol

anyway on the other hand im injoying watching you riping this apart and cleaning things up i love shit like that lol

cheers mate, yeah think il save my money on the thermal inlet gasket,( i think its to aid cold air), and get a new oil pump.

All the o-rings and seals will be changed aswell, so next year when it comes to putting the 5E in, i can sell this baby with fuck all mileage and its been done right.

I dont think theres anything else im missing is there??

Do you think i should do some work on the head? Change the springs to speedvision ones etc??

Everything is getting cleanes micky, every nut and bolt lol

Cheers

Lol clean clean :thumbsup: i dont think you are missing anything mate, well not that i can think of anyway

As for the thermal inlet gasket im not sure if i am right here, but i think what they are designed for is if your inlet manifold is warped abit, with there been that much heat they can warp so with the thermal gasket it will alow it to get a seal..If you get me lol im not a 100% sure on that so dont take my word for it lol

Orr yeh sorry i forgot to say yeh i think i would do something to the head

all in all it will sell better when the time comes if its been just a quick job then you may aswell just buy a stock engine and save your money.

Orr yeh sorry i forgot to say yeh i think i would do something to the head

all in all it will sell better when the time comes if its been just a quick job then you may aswell just buy a stock engine and save your money.

Cheers mate, think il uprate the valves, Possibly get it ported and polished aswell...... we will see lol

Cheers Micky

I've had a thermal gasket for the last 4 and a half years now - they make a tangible physical difference (i.e. felt), and if approximates are right, for every 1% reduction in temperature you get 1hp, then, whilst a difference would be hard to feel, it'd be there.

Granted, it can help sealing, but its not its primary function. Out of curiosity, who's doing the headwork? Are you sure on the uprated valves as well? Perhaps you meant a valve angle job..

I've had several heads done at my guy who's pretty well versed in the trade, does the heads for a couple very big companies, and pretty cheaply as well (like my own personal one I sold). Could've supplied other niceties, ah well :thumbsup: