• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

WOOHOO!! PASSED THE MOT!! got the girl taxed aswell, and been driving her all day, FOOK ME ITS QUICKER LOL....

2 small problems though, first is when on full boost (1bar) it sort of missfires, it used to do it a while ago i then changed the king lead, and it stopped, im not sure if the plugs and leads need uprating, wot you guys think??

second, is that the engine management light comes on when you go over 2500 revs every now and again, also any ideas??

I will get some photos of her tommorow, and i gotta say it looks beautiful.... but dirty at the moment lol

cheers.. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

**UPDATE**

Ok guys well after getting the car on the road for a massive 2 days, i had the engine management light come on, which was only the knock sensor that needed to be re-placed, GREAT, re-placed that and all was well..... for 35 mins, the car sounded like a scooby, so got home to find oil had gone everywere!!! did a compression test to find cylinder 3 had shit itself, so the re-build begins....

Im in the middle of taking it out at the moment, and going to have it forged and totally CLEANED!!!

The complete Bay will look totally different and be alot cleaner looking, 4-5 months from now and she will be back...... :surrender:

007.jpg

009.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

016.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

:wacko: ;) :surrender: I love you Dan lol looking forward to updates on this

Whos doing the rebuild dan?

well i was hoping Nick @ Tuningdevelopments would do it but he hasnt replied to my emails yet, if he doesnt do it then a good engine builder up the road will do it, id just prefer it if Nick does it to be honest.

Il be updating this on a regular basis from now on, im getting abit slack with it.

Cheers Lads

make sure to take loads of detailed pics and post any problems you have so it helps me when i start lol.

unlucky with the problems but in 4 or so months ul be happy:P

will do mate no problems, the only pain in the arse I've had so far is getting the rubber pipes off the back of the engine and inlet lol.

LOADS more photos tomorrow :surrender:

**update**

well the engine and box are nearly ready to come out, just needs the shafts removing and its ready, i cable tied the cables to the fire wall for more space and removed the starter motor, took the exhaust system off and unplugged everything..

Once its out all the piping is getting replaced with new ones, just cant wait to start cleaning it all.

im going to drop them engine through the bottom rather than crane it upwards..

001.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

005.jpg