**UPDATE**

Well I've now split the engine and gearbox apart, im not going to bother to strip the whole thing down until i have all the parts..

So, i decided to give the engine bay a good clean, tidy up abit of wiring on the inside of the car, and install my short shifter kit.

Will update once I've got the parts, and I've cleaned the gearbox up.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**Update**

Well, I've broke the engine down into pieces now, and cleaned and re-sprayed the gearbox in a light silver colour, the Block is getting sent away to be cleaned and rebored to take 75mm pistons.

The head has just had a clean up and I've ordered some new Speedvision valve springs.

In the mean time I've fell in love with these new wheels and this is what they would look like on mine, there Rota Fighter's in green, i think they look awsome.

What you guys think??

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/Samjarv/Glanza-1.jpg

More photos added tomorrow.

Wow did you say up all week on Drugs that engine bay is looking very clean Dan good work matey.

I cant see it been off the road long,the way you are going at the minute lol

And them wheels in green look the dogs bits :) looking forward to more update's keep up the good work :)

**Update**

Only a small update, i ordered my new pistons and rods a couple days ago, 75mm weisco pistons with Scat rods, brand new £660 delivered. Will take photos when they arrive.

Also will be ordering my new headgasket tomorrow aswell.

Also the tear down of the engine can now properly begin, manage to get the enine on the stand at last!!

I really want CheshireGlanza's Varis bonnet now aswell lol

010-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

**UPDATE**

Well its been too long, far too long....

I've stripped the engine down, completely, the heads off, pistons, rods, crank, sump the lot, its all out.

When the engine failed my first thoughts were the piston rings, well, i was wrong!!! i took all the pistons out and the rings were perfect, in fact it was the third piston itself, it had a hairline crack in the side and fell apart in my hand when i was cleaning them up, so i was a very lucky boy that it didnt break off in the block itself.

Im still waiting for my new forged rods & pistons to arrive, I've been told they will be with me in 2 days all being well.

Also!! I was on about a while ago about a DogBox, well, I've given my gearbox to a company who are going to re-build it with the straight cut gears, im not in a rush for it so it should all be finished within 3-4 months.

Il see how i get on with it, and if people are interested, then maybe i can do a group buy on them??

Pictures will be added on friday!!!

cheers

Dan

lucky bugger i think you need to go buy a lotto ticket with that luck. i remember doing my timing belt on the gt4 and when the cover came off the timing belt was being held together by about 3 fibre strands and I'd been giving it stick lol i never won the lotto though.

ALOT!!!!

Its not as much as you would think really, 650 quid for the gears to be made out of billet, and 250 for the gears to be assembled into the box, not too bad but still quite alot of money.

would be a hell of alot more money if i wanted it done ASAP, but because im not in a rush they did me quite a good deal.

I've seen dog boxes go for more than 2000

**UPDATE**

Recieved a package this morning, with the conents of 75mm weisco forged pistons and scat rods.

Also got myself a Carbon fiber Varis bonnet from Paul today, fitted it to the Glanza, and ohh my god!!!!!! its fuckin insane lol, it looks mint with the carbon wings.

Pictures to follow.....