Hey everyone! Just put a deposit down for a 1996 Glanza V after owning a 106 Quiksilver for over 2 years, im 19 now and wanting something different, always wanted a Glanza especially the EP91 but never thought i could afford it, but what do you know I can!

Wanting to know im doing the right thing and not rushing into a buy for the sake of it.

What do people think? I couldnt find a single dent/scratch/scuff anywhere looks stunning condition. engine bay is very clean. No leaks anywhere, just had an MOT monday. No mods atall. 50k miles. imported in 2007. With my haggling I've managed to get it for 3500 - is that good? Ithink it is but im new to the glanza world.

Your opinion would be appriciated. Sorry for the little essay! Cheers

glanza1.jpg

glanza2.jpg

your going from a quicksilver to a glanza? can 100% say thats not rushing it at all lol a wise choice dude

as for the car very nice looking very tidy too will be a good buy. its quite rare to find one totally standard too lol

welcome to the club anyway

any problems/queries dont hesitate to ask

were a friendly bunch on here lol

steve

Very nice i like the v in white. I wanted one but they do seem to go for abit more money i also wanted a manual but ended up picking up a 35k silver auto and i love it welcome to the club mate.

Wowza! Nice to see a forum where people actually take notice of the new ones! Thanks for the welcome and comments, im sure il be sticking around here and taking you up on the help with problems and quieres i have. :)

Looks like il be getting it tomorrow evening so Il get some better pictures up when its mine and gleaming clean!

First things first will be wheels and suspension, no clue where to go or what to get opinions pleeease..

Anyone from the Bristol area? Any meets go on down here?

Wowza! Nice to see a forum where people actually take notice of the new ones! Thanks for the welcome and comments, im sure il be sticking around here and taking you up on the help with problems and quieres i have. :)

Looks like il be getting it tomorrow evening so Il get some better pictures up when its mine and gleaming clean!

First things first will be wheels and suspension, no clue where to go or what to get opinions pleeease..

Anyone from the Bristol area? Any meets go on down here?

Weston super mare my friend =]

My glanza is my first jap car too and just like yours, it was completely standard! I've also noticed a price increase in modding them! ha, one of the cheapest sets of coilovers i've found have been 500/600 notes! Used to be able to deck a vauxhall all around for 300 quid =] So all depends on how much you can afford really dude =] I may have some wheels for sale soon if your interested, your local too so i can pop them over.

Here's my build thread to give you an idea.

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....showtopic=23914

Welcome to uksc!

Welcome To UKSC pal!!

Im a new member to and in the short time i been here I've had so much help from this little fanatic fourm you will love it and there is loads of goodies to spend your wadges on your new found love!

Weston super mare my friend =]

My glanza is my first jap car too and just like yours, it was completely standard! I've also noticed a price increase in modding them! ha, one of the cheapest sets of coilovers i've found have been 500/600 notes! Used to be able to deck a vauxhall all around for 300 quid =] So all depends on how much you can afford really dude =] I may have some wheels for sale soon if your interested, your local too so i can pop them over.

Here's my build thread to give you an idea.

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....showtopic=23914

Welcome to uksc!

I've noticed having a gander around and prices :), expected though and wont be a problem. What wheels do you have for sale? the black ones with red lips? lol

Thanks for all the comments, best welcome I've ever had to a forum, cheers! been itching to start a new project.

Need some help with the dreaded insurance first, nobody insures the V's!! Who are all the V drivers insured with?

Not been able to pick it up tonight due to elephant saying they can insure me when i called them last night and when i phoned back today with a quote number they then said they dont insure the V's! Was fuming!!

Looks fresh mate I know someone else with N RAP on their plate :)

Im insured with through Sky Insurance with a company called QBE

Could try Adrian Flux as well mate hear their not 2 bad

you got many years no claims mate?

I brought mine standard and they handle like crap...

in my opinion slam it first mate :)

Looks fresh mate I know someone else with N RAP on their plate :D

Im insured with through Sky Insurance with a company called QBE

Could try Adrian Flux as well mate hear their not 2 bad

you got many years no claims mate?

I brought mine standard and they handle like crap...

in my opinion slam it first mate :)

wicked! lol

Unfortunately i dont have any no claims :) which is killing me! been driving for 2 and a half years.

At this rate im not going to be able to buy the car. or buy it and wait until i get a years nc.

I tried adrian flux but they wanted over 4k. sky wont touch me for not having any no claims. although i do I've just never had a full years policy so it cant be counted.

I have heard the handling is balls on standard. would be one of the first things i would do.

Guest cheshireglanza
wicked! lol

Unfortunately i dont have any no claims :) which is killing me! been driving for 2 and a half years.

At this rate im not going to be able to buy the car. or buy it and wait until i get a years nc.

I tried adrian flux but they wanted over 4k. sky wont touch me for not having any no claims. although i do I've just never had a full years policy so it cant be counted.

I have heard the handling is balls on standard. would be one of the first things i would do.

swinton insurance are cheap got mine with them for 753 a year there num 08451684422

swinton insurance are cheap got mine with them for 753 a year there num 08451684422

Cheers mate, il give them a try. I might have already tried them but worth another go.

I've been told by the seller i dont have to say its a V aslong as i say its a import starlet turbo its fine? Doesn't seem right to me but i know nothing.