when i was 18 (4 years ago) i had a 91 crx vt and i was paying 1500 fully comp with elephant or admiral have you tried them?

When i was 18 i got a quote for £3200!

For a CRX VTEC!!

Its safe to say i wont be having one for a while but i do love Rex's

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i was 18 i got a quote for £3200!

For a CRX VTEC!!

Its safe to say i wont be having one for a while but i do love Rex's

That's pretty much the same as what I was being quoted, which is why I'm waiting until I'm 19.

That's pretty much the same as what I was being quoted, which is why I'm waiting until I'm 19.

Your a luck bugger owning a B series even before 20 matey :thumbsup:

Im so jelous haha

Been creaming myself over Rex's with buddy club spec II exhausts on youtube, just sound so amasing! haha

:thumbsup:

Well I did want a Starlet GT but ended up with one of these. :D

And I agree Buddy Club exhausts sound great, I wouldn't ever have one as they're just far too loud but like this vid:

Sounds really good, quite "aggressive" when changing into second and third.

:thumbsup:

Well I did want a Starlet GT but ended up with one of these. :D

And I agree Buddy Club exhausts sound great, I wouldn't ever have one as they're just far too loud but like this vid:

Sounds really good, quite "aggressive" when changing into second and third.

They do sound so raw and aggressive, but yeah certainatly far too loud for street use without the attention off the dibble/

heres the one i must have watched it atleat 11 times haha

All i can say is ENJOY!!

They are great cars these but they have a few problems they all suffer from pretty much:

Gotta watch the rust, back arches going is common

Cam end seals always leak haha

sunroofs always rust or sieze up

boot/rear lights/sun roof/roof drains often leak

i loved my Vt had loads of rare bits on it. There so good on fuel too!

I will have another vtec at some point probably something a little newer though like an ek9 :thumbsup:

My CRX has or has had all of those problems. :D

The rear arches were rusty, then repaired, now they're starting to go again.

The cam end seal was leaking but the previous owner sorted it.

The sunroof doesn't open properly and has a little bit of rust, but I've got a whole new sunroof rack to put in.

The boot and rear lights are leaking.

:(

My CRX has or has had all of those problems. :D

The sunroof doesn't open properly and has a little bit of rust, but I've got a whole new sunroof rack to put in.

:(

Haha rusty arches are the weak points on all honda's really no idea why that is. My EJ9 started rusting on the top of the arches and then the bottom.

Quite strange as my starlet is a year younger than the civic but hasnt got rust anywhere.

What i would do for a EK9 of Integra! owning a B series is something that goes on my list before i die haha

Cheers Phil.

This is what I've done this morning, a bit of carb cleaner and half an hour, it's not perfect but certainly alot better than before, check the pic on the bottom of page 1 for how shitty it was:

cleantb1.jpg

cleantb2.jpg

My CRX has or has had all of those problems. :)

:p

hahaha its all part of crx ownership. what about the rear hatch struts have they failed and the boot latch slammed down on your back yet?? :p

Thanks again Phil, and no Bean the boot struts actually work lol, I do have a couple of annoying things like the boot and bonnet release cables seem to need pulling a couple of times before they open, and the bonnet sometimes doesn't shut properly, but I'll sort them out.

nice improvement. i looked at the after picture first and thought it couldnt have been that bad lol. i was wrong. should give it a little spray. i dont the one for my mates honda and it turned out pretty good.

P1180015.jpg

What did you use to get it shiney like that?

I've just got back from the garage, fucking pain in the arse, couldn't get the roof lining out to change the sunroof rack because the sun visors are held on by stupid star shaped screws and I didn't have the tools with me, and the inlet manifold looks like it's going to be a right fucker to get off, and people think Starlet ones are awkward! :)

used loads of wet and dry up to 1500 grit then used metal polish. its like a mirror but after a discussion in the build topic i dunno if i should have polished it up or not because it makes the airflow worse lol. looks good though. not that it will ever be seen.

inlet manifolds aint the easiest os alot of cars . good luck with that :)

• 3 weeks later...

Not updated this for a while, haven't took any pics either not much worth really taking pictures of.

It's being a pain in the ass, the sunroof rack is being gay not working properly (it slides forwards and backwards fine but wont lift up and down).

I sealed up the leaking back lights but then one of the fucking lenses has cracked.

A wheel stud snapped.

The sunroof has been an annoyance, the roof lining came out easy enough once I had the right tools though. I'm half tempted to just buy a bung and fuck the sunroof off. But I know I'd regret it if we ended up having a good summer.

I'll be glad when the interior is all back together and done with, then I can get onto something that's actually fun. (Suspension/brakes/engine). I still need to find some cheap wheels to sit the CRX on so I can borrow the alloys off it to use on the Starlet.

You can definately tell there's a slight difference in quality with Toyota and Honda. But then again it is a 19 year old car and some EP91 Starlets are nearly half that.

inlet manis on starlets are easy enough to do.

defiantly keep the sun roof, vtec crx's get so hot in summer when we actually get a decent day - red hot leather "ouch!" haha. i recently seen that rootbeer mugen one on crxuk would loved to have bought that car!

Keep the sunroof mate, will come in use when the sun isn't shy to appear.

Also I love how CRX sunroofs open, they slide on top of the car body - they look awesome. But they are prone to go wrong and rot like my mates both CRX's

• 2 months later...

Not an update but thought I'd post anyway... pretty pissed off with this, we're into may now and I wanted to do a few things to this car before june but none of it's happened, no fucking job, I've done nothing with the car for 3 months I haven't even started it up since the end of january.

So progress has gone no where really, but I have now ordered a throttle body gasket so as soon as that comes I'm going to charge the battery and get it started up. Might do a little video of it if the mic on my camera is decent enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Throttle body gasket finally turned up yesterday, so I put the throttle body back on, started it up (took a few seconds but it started quite easy considering it has been sat for 3 months), I let it warm up, then when it was fully warmed up I gave it a good rev.

Hearing it at 7-8k rpm has made me fall back in love with it! :lol:

It would sound better if it was on VTEC but even just revving it in neutral sounds fucking amazing. Hopefully the mic on the camera doesn't screw up the sound but we'll see.