• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks a well tidy motoe mate

few common niggles with winter here you may want to check, rear lights fill with water and then fill the boot, easy fix just pop them out put some rubber regenerator on the seals and drop em back in,

same problem at the top of the boot where the rear wash wipe is, again can be fixed with a little vasaline round the seal

Jim

That looks Awesome !! Fancy selling it on haha only joking !!

Like the CRX's :p Enjoy :)

x2, ive always liked them. how is it for rust or that mate? and whats the insurance like on those? im temted to get one, or offer a swap for my gt lol. i like them, but always been under the impression there bad for insurance, an dodgey rear arches

anyways, looks tidy as feck

CRX when im 19 + 2years ncb is £1897.86 with elephant just for a 1.6,

Honda's are so expensive on insurance, as i was going to get an EF6 Civic but could get decent enough insurance on it :)

im off to confused now, i love the look of this red one though, was prob the first car i actually "wanted" when i was young, this and a white quadlight, and i just dont love the look of the quadlight like i do the crx

cheers for the comments :thumbsup:

x2, ive always liked them. how is it for rust or that mate? and whats the insurance like on those? im temted to get one, or offer a swap for my gt lol. i like them, but always been under the impression there bad for insurance, an dodgey rear arches

anyways, looks tidy as feck

There was previously some rust around the arches which was repaired, there's just a tiny patch on each rear arch now but I'll sort that before it gets any worse.

Insurance is being a right bastard, more expensive than a GT.

It's got the typical leaky bootlid and ripped front seats (I'm on the lookout for some good condition ones), aswell as some stupid things like someone has painted ONE of the calipers red... lol

But I think I got it at a decent price and it will be a well sorted car once the little jobs are fixed.

Apparently it used to have a skunk2 exhaust system on there, but was replaced with another system because it was too loud! ;)

Which I suppose is a good thing really as it's even got one of those screw in silencers in the backbox and it's still fairly loud once you hit the pedal, I'm not sure the neighbours would appreciate it if it was any louder. :thumbsup:

It's really nice and easy to drive though, infact it feels very similar to a Starlet, the pedal layout is the same, the gearbox feels similar, the only thing is it's got keep-fit steering which will probably take some getting used to after being able to turn the wheel with one finger on the Starlet. ;)

:thumbsup:

Might have a change of plan, not definate yet but I'm thinking about garaging the CRX for 6 months as it will be ALOT cheaper to insure when I'm 19, and buying a cheap Starlet as a run around until then.

While it's garaged if I end up getting a decent job and have some spare money I'm considering polybushes all round, bigger brakes, coilovers, strut braces, etc... basically sort the handling and then a couple of other things like exhaust manifold.

Just trying to find somewhere local to keep it and then a cheap Starlet, hopefully I'll find both before Christmas then I'll be sorted.