• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a quote today to have all the dents removed... £150.

Getting a quote tomorrow for the rest of the bodywork, I may end up having the lot resprayed, all rust/scratches/imperfections repaired.

Depending on the cost I might get the lot done and have the car looking like new.

Rear MeisterR's should be here on thursday.

Just had a thought, highly unlikely but I've always liked midnight purple... what are people's thoughts on having the car resprayed in midnight purple, with some bronze Rota Grids? (Doubt I'd get my hands on TE37's).

As I said it's highly unlikely, but it's already going to cost £600 just to patch things up.

Something like this: post-a157290-midnight-purple-3.jpg

Yeah I just realised that after posting lol, it's staying red for now.

If I decide I want to keep the car for a few years I'll end up dropping a B20 in it or a turbo conversion so if I did that then I'd get the whole car resprayed.

I worked out my money and I'm just going to patch it up for now.

Managed to get one side of the rear coilies done and adjusted the height of the fronts, and then... a fucking bolt snapped on the lower control arm. FML

It is now slammed to the deck lol (on 3 corners), going to need raising up a bit because it's too low and looks silly.

Yet another problem/more money to spend, but once the last coilover is on I'll get the height set up how I want it.

Fucking thing is pissing me off, by next summer once I've got it set up how I want it it better be worth all this hassle.

@ Liam - not a fan of black wheels, I love white but the multispokes are too much effort lol, I'd love some nice JDM wheels though, TE37's or Super Advans maybe.

Honda suspension bolts are a cunt, FACT!

My mates EG was on axle stands for nearly two weeks when we was fitting coilovers and LCA's because pretty much every bolt head snapped of :lol:

I guess I was fairly lucky having only one that snapped, it's all sorted now anyway. :(

MeisterR's all round, just got to play around with them now to get the right ride height and damper setting.

Ordered a new wing mirror and glass, dent removal man is coming on friday. I might take a couple of quick pics of the car tonight even though it's not perfectly clean, but I suppose I need to as I haven't taken any proper ones since buying it. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Finally some pictures, bit shit as the car isn't quite as shiney as I'd like it and I'm not much of a photographer.

crx1.jpg

crx4.jpg

crx5.jpg

crx6d.jpg

crx7.jpg

crx8.jpg

Since the last update I've had the dents taken out although you can still slightly see two of them on the last pic.

And also fitted a new wing mirror.

The ride height still needs lifting up as it scrapes like fuck over speed bumps, got quite a nice stance at the moment though I think.

I'd love to leave it how it is, I think I might measure it up and write it down, try it a bit higher, if I don't like it I'll just lower it back down to how it is. I need to check the state of the exhaust though lol I'm sure it's taken a bit of a bashing.

About the camber, I'm going to get it set up properly once I've got it all polybushed and everything.

On a side note a 2.0 Clio Sport 172 couldn't come past me yesterday. :)

• 4 weeks later...