i have a starlet SR and i'm just wondering what tuning upgrades are avalible and a staright fit??

i already have a corolla inlet manifold and thinking on getting a bigger back box.

does anyone know of any other upgrades?? manifolds, ecu's etc

also does anyone know if a 5EFE into my SR is a straight swop over or will i have 2 change wiring and ecu??

many thanks :p

the only real way to get an SR moving is to drop a 4efte in it.

its the cheapest option in the long run.

yes i know its gettin common nowadays though want something a bit different lol havnt really got turbo money lol :p

you could spend thousands on the 4efe, and it wouldnt be as good as a stock 4efte mate.

the 4efe is designed to be a towny engine. it was never intended to give performance. anything over 100hp and youll need to really throw money at it.

a 4efte is infinitely more tunable in the long run.

even a 5e isnt that great. they are quite pony to be honest.

yes i know its gettin common nowadays though want something a bit different lol havnt really got turbo money lol :p

I believe with the 5efe swap you only need to swap round throttle sensors? Otherwise I think it's a straight fit..Your best bet would be to ask Project C.F.A. as he did is the last person who carried out the conversion..

I'm in two minds about doing it myself, but I think I'm just gonna save up for a GT/Glanza now :p

ive just bought an sr to use as a demo car/test bed,

i will be making a full list or parts, cams, manifolds etc to be shown what can be done,

il keep you posted.

what a good idea mate lol cant wait now hope theres is sum availible ill get saving up now lol :p

I believe with the 5efe swap you only need to swap round throttle sensors? Otherwise I think it's a straight fit..Your best bet would be to ask Project C.F.A. as he did is the last person who carried out the conversion..

I'm in two minds about doing it myself, but I think I'm just gonna save up for a GT/Glanza now :p

thanks will do mate ill ask him

i want another 1 sum day but im just going 2 keep this for now lol

the build will center about getting 100bhp per litre,

so weather i go with 1.3 or 1.5

it will be 130 to 150bhp, which is totaly achievable.

it will be a full tuning program that will ignore the fte. as these are good engines overshadowd by its turbo brother.

:p An N/A project?

yea dude, its all part of the master plan :p

the build will center about getting 100bhp per litre,

so weather i go with 1.3 or 1.5

it will be 130 to 150bhp, which is totaly achievable.

it will be a full tuning program that will ignore the fte. as these are good engines overshadowd by its turbo brother.

yea dude, its all part of the master plan :p

Maan this is gonna be awesome! Good luck with it boss :p

This should prove a huge point of what these nippy 4EFE's can do,

Dont underestimate what can be extracted from a naturally aspirated engine,

Its a light engine and with detail in the right areas should bring out a fair little weapon

Watch this space

Gary

The engine has huge potential, when I had my old redtop for example, with a few simple touch's it was dynoed at 214bhp, and thats before I went for the jenveys!!!! Atleast with a lighter, smaller capacity and more reliable engine there is more scope, even simple stuff like lightening and balancing the bottom end, a bit of porting and polishing, slightly higher compression, revised intake, all silly little touches that make a whole load of difference.

Damien

• 1 month later...

Amen to that Enzo, Finally a N/A tuner thats not going to get shouted down at every turn my the fte boys. This is a N/A and TURBO site remember. So N/A tuning is always up for disscussion its just a pity any new wee member gets shouted down and intimited off the forum.

Am I right, what do you think starletRick?? lol

At Johnnygt, Ive had both 4efe and 5efe, the 5 is great youd love it but this a harder to get, highly over priced and dont rev the way the 4e does. Enjoy and maintain your 4efe for now, inlet and £50 backbox are a must but leave the engine alone after that until enzo starts his project. If you were to buy engine management such a greddy emanage it would be cool to tune your engine, youll not get crazy gains but you can use your emanage on your future turbo swap or even on your next car. So its more an investment. Dont go hunting fancy heads or sparkplug leads thats all a waste just spend £00 on engine management and stop at that.

Get better front brakes, 93-97 corolla calipers and discs fit so do gt or glanza brakes. These are the best thing you'll every do til her.

Get better front brakes, 93-97 corolla calipers and discs fit so do gt or glanza brakes. These are the best thing you'll every do til her.
hi

to all those looking for a twin pot conversion (using ST-185 CELICAcalipers )i am doing one very slowly &will rewrite a DIY guide . basic it will use a disc without spacer as i found spacer req in current guide is incorrect &actual fit to the STD EP-91 would have your wheels hanging on LONG wheel studs.

so i have foud a replacement that will fit straight on without spacer & use donut to adapt the new disc instead (less machining &drilling)

so when i have fitted &tested the whole kit , (i am in the measured&check to see if it fits stage @the moment }. parts are all ordered i will post my new DIY

KEEP WATCH FOR UPDATE

lyle