• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DSC00033.jpg

:p Puts a smile on my face whenever I walk up the drive now. It feels like half the project is done, but only because thats the only bit I can see :lol:

Also, Dad was in Halfords the other day and he thinks he found what colour the guy used. Ford Panther Black, apparently used on quite a few cars. It looks nice like, almost a v. dark blue in sunlight, and v. fine metal flakes.

Decals are coming off, making a fresh start of it, as the factory tints have also bubbled and started peeling, so I'm gonna get it retinted when it's on the road.

And as for the wiper, it would look nice without one, but I wouldn't be able to live without being able to clean my rear screen. Sad, I know!

• 1 month later...

Hell no. Gonna get it cleaned out on the inside this weekend because it's full of shit like polystyrene takeout boxes and something mouldy (I can't identify it. It's ball shaped). Hopefully get most of the interior stipped too, the stuff I want to replace anyway (doorcards, rear bench, anything else with the godawful 'retrim'.

Got a set of lights, grille, and indicator units for the front from Nathy Boy, not planning on fitting those until the engine has been out, bay sorted, and back in.

HAHA no way!!

Small world eh? And I don't work with Dad, he just does a bit of work down there from time to time, at a family friends B+B's on the seafront. But if I ever do go down (was just down with the fam for Christmas actually, stopped at the B+:thumbsup:, I'll be sure to let you know :)

Do you know anything about it matey? The guy said it was running all ok before he had the bump, but obviously it's not in a state where I can check :)

yes mate beffor he had the bump from wat i remember it was a quick car but it has been parked ther for fuckin agees really long as i asked im 2 sell it me a few times but he always umd and ard! was so shocked to drive past and see it gone i went past just after u had pikd it up actually i must have been in the shop cus i went past it was ther came back it was gone :thumbsup: noooooooooooo lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Picked up front and rear doorcards, and rear bench tonight, courtesy of Rik! Also put some money down for his ORC309 clutch, as the GT needs one, and at least it'll futureproof it on any upgrades (although those won't be for some time!).

Hopefully get to work on the interior this weekend. If anyone has GT A-Pillar plastic trims, I'd love to know! And a gearstick gaiter. And a steering wheel :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Small update! Since the weather has been so nice, theres actually been some activity going on around the GT!

Passenger front wing on, shabby front doorcards out and the ones I bought from Rik are in! Those optional door speaker pods need filling now :o Also put on the mirrors, as having the doorcards off allowed me to connect the electrics up.

Plan of attack for this afternoon is to at least get the old rear bench out and the replacement in, possibly do the rear doorcards at the same time, as it'll make it easier.

Well, it happened later than I said, but it got done today. Rear bench out, and doorcards. Also had to get rid of the sound install that was in the rear, as it was manky and battered and corroded, so thats the Sony 10-CD autochanger and an amp that I can't remember the brand of in the wheelie bin then! Keeping the parcel shelf speakers however, as they seem in good nick, so I left the wires for them alone. Had a root about in the boot after the seats went, I might need some boot plastics as they're battered (the passenger side is smashed anyway), but the original space-saver is still there, which is nice.

Finished off the day by putting in the replacement rear passenger plastics.

Plan for tomorrow:

- Rear bench in.

- Try and remove the cables leading to the rear from the car altogether.