• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welp, the engine went in on Sunday afternoon, much easier getting it in than we thought. Got the majority of all the connections and whatnot connected.

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

Dat ass. Dat ground clearance.

IMAG0012.jpg

Engine ready to be slid under the bay.

IMAG0014.jpg

Engine in!

----

OK, need some help here guys if you don't mind. Most of what I'm about to ask were loose in the bay when we got the car, so we don't know where everything goes.

Looking at the electrics 'rail', theres two groups of two cables that I'm unsure of where they go.

- Gray plug and earth; does the plug go onto the socket on the inlet mani? Where does the earth bolt onto?

IMAG0018.jpg

- Another gray plug which is a bit battered, and another darker gray plug; where do these go? Also come from the same area as the two wires above.

IMAG0019.jpg

- Where on earth does this bolt onto on the bulkhead? I know some piping goes to the charcoal filter, but which, and where do the others go?

IMAG0015.jpg

- Moving to above the gearbox, there looks like a slipon metal connector like others in the same area, but am flummoxed as to where this goes.

IMAG0016.jpg

And finally, what should be bolted onto the areas I've circled?

bulkheadholes.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Welp, I'm taking the plunge and getting one of the CJ Performance front mount kits, as I can't get the JPerformance pipes seperate, and lets face it, the old FMIC was manky and battered. Popping round to a mates later to pick up one of his alternators, so I can get that fitted and the belts on. From there on, it'll be rad, battery and driveshafts, and a full fluid change to give the engine a quick turn over to see if everything is working alright before we start putting the front end back on.

It's all coming together slowly but surely :p

Anyone got any recommendations on batteries?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, since it was so sunny today, we decided to get cracking on. Originally, we were just going to try and fit the rad, and see if we were missing anything, but one thing led to another, and before we knew it, Dad was swearing at the powersteering hard feed line into the pump as we tried to fit the intercooler kit :D

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

After some careful bending, we managed to get the IC pipe in and fitted, and the rest of the kit went on nicely. I've never seen hose clamps as heavy duty as those!

IMAG0114.jpg

And then we started to fit the headlights and grille. Bumper is being left off as there's still some bits we need to get. On top of that, I think we're missing the bumper support bar, how do these fit on? Would it clear the FMIC?

As it stands now:

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

-----

Just a few more plug connector related questions:

IMAG0111.jpg

This comes down where the headlight cabling on the righthand side is. Its quite long, and quite a beefy connection. Did this go on the aircon?

IMAG0110.jpg

This comes down the centre of the front, hanging from the top bar where the bonnet latch is. Again, was this something to do with aircon?

IMAG0113.jpg

Also, this dumpvalve came with the car, is it any good? I'm somewhat dubious about it, it looks like a generic Ripspeed piece of tat.

you should take out all the aircon charcol filter , sensors for air con , condensor etc ive done it check my build thread, or theres a good guide by stulett gt over on tgtt its a quick easy thing to do :D looks neater in the engine bay too