Looking good bud, was gonna say where is your bumper support bar. Not sure how it is fitted would check for you but cant until next weekend now.

Those plugs are aircon plugs mate yes, just cable tie them out the way or cut them out of the loom and remove the aircon fuses.

Oh and that looks like a Forge DV but may be wrong.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nick I had a look for pics of the bumper bar but I couldn't find any mate :)

Toyota can print off the diagrams for you for everything you might need to fit one (like I said before I think there's a bracket on each side where it joins by the arch)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Quick question, looking on Camskill, there seems to be two outer CV joints for sale, one with a 23 outer/30 inner, and 23 outer/23 inner. Does this refer to the splines for the wheel hub and driveshaft respectively, or what? Is there a separate type of CV joint for the gearbox side, or is it the same either end?

The outer CV joints I've been looking at:

- http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m19b0s1304p9670

- http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m19b0s1304p4289

Thanks Jay! I'm just unsure about gearbox side joints now? Can we get them new from anywhere (apart from Toyota), or would my best option be to find one secondhand? Got the shaft itself, just no joints for either end ;) I assume they won't be the same as the outer joints?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well people, due to a severe lack of funds (although I'm waiting to hear back from jobs now...), the GT will NOT be done for JAE unfortunately, so I shall be there in the silver N/A. I would have dearly liked to get it running for then, but it's just not happening. It shall be there next year however!

In other news, were some knuckle joints on the end of the driveshafts smaller than others? As I've got them all in, to find that my long shaft is moving about inside the CV joint housing, whereas the other side is rock solid. If this is the case, then I need to find a CV joint housing that's smaller on the inside :)

• 5 months later...

Uh, well. Hello there, i guess?

I have a job now so there'll be some money being spent on this thing now! Hoping to get it running for end of Feb time at least, but I don't know what condition the engine will be in when we start it up. Minor, minor things needed now to get it to the point where the exterior will be sorted (bar the terrible paintjob).

• 1 month later...

Bumper support bar and new door window rubber 'scrapers' gotten from Toyota. The seals will help now, the car hadn't had any on for the past 5 years (before I had gotten hold of it). Bottom of doors are in surprisingly good nick considering, only one drainhole was bunged up with crap, soon soved that problem with a high pressure hose haha. Just left the car for a few days to air out before putting doorcards back on.

Front bumper bar test fitting was going alright until we realised there was an intercooler in the way of the middle bracket fitting to the centre stay. Whoops. Probs just gonna run it without the middle bracket, I hear the support bars are as flimsy as shit anyway. Gonna get it sprayed with my remaining satin black from doing the Rotas (only for rust prevention).

Next up will probably be some nice new boost hosing, battery, fluids, and sorting out my driveshafts. It's just that every sodding weekend has been pissing down in Burnley, yet sunny every weekday when I'm at work! Argh!

• 1 month later...

Well, had her ready to start the engine running last night! Had it cranking over a while on the starter to get oil around the engine, and fuel hose disconnected to get the old stuff out. Only nothing came out. 'Well', we decided, 'it obviously needs some more in.' I was about to pour a full jerry can down the spout, until Dad told me to hang on, and crawled under the car. Lo and behold, the filler hose was popped off the tank, and the tank was bone dry, so someones had off with whatever was in there. We reckon either the previous owner did it, or it was siphoned by some scrote while it was down in Wales. Was a pig to get back on, but eventually got it all connected after an hour of cursing.

Cranked it over again on the starter, still nothing coming from the hose. What's going on here then? Then we noticed the engine bay was a bit wet and smelling of petrol. The banjo bolt of the petrol line wasn't tight on the filter. Whoops. We laughed, gave it another go. Still nothing, but it's still pissing out of somewhere. And then we realised, we had disconnected the fuel return line. Whoops again.

Well, at least we know the pump worked.

Sheepishly reconnected the line, and then plugs in, HT leads on, leads going to coilpack back in, and then a tentative turn of the key. She fired up first time after six years of not being run, beautiful.

Had a bit of a hiccup after a bit, but we assume that was just crap in the tank as it got over it. Just need to sort the throttle cable now, and reconnect some of the random grounds that we still need to do. Chuffed ain't the word :lol:

Edited by Bluebear