• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know! I'm gagging for it. Still need to find somewhere to do the engine, fuck doing it outside as theres a public walkpath on the other side of the fence where scregheads walk about. Would rather get it done in the shed but theres no space, and Mum certainly doesn't want an engine in the kitchen :(

• 3 weeks later...

Little update! Finally getting some money in (been working with dad ^-^), so if the weather is all ok, me and Dad will be getting the engine out this weekend. This will give me a chance to paint the rocker cover, and to also see what's what in the engine bay.

Not looking forward to tackling the mess of wires and alarm tbh, but we'll see how it goes.

Ahaaa, imma do it now, while Dad is asleep on the sofa downstairs. *steals phone*

EDIT: Only managed to take two pics of them up against the car before he had to go. Still need to refurb them, thinking about sending them off as one of them has bad kerbing. Gonna see if I can get them to redo the Volk stickers in different colours too. More pics to come when he gets home.

In other news, theres a spider colony on my car. Poked this yellow 'moss' only to find out it moved and started spinning bungee cords to piss off away from my finger. Spider babies .__. It may need a wash.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, the engine is finally out. We don't know where half the connections, pipes etc etc go as they were already off. Took us a long time to get it out, it speeded up considerably once we figured that the g'box *may* have to be separated from the engine and dropped :)

So much rust and oxidisation its unbelievable. I figure that I'll be busy with a wire brush for weeks to come.

No pics of the process will be up in this post, they'll come tomorrow as I need to rush out and get copious amounts of alcohol (Thatchers ye?), before I go to a mates tonight.

Discovered that we seem to have no alternator, and I'm missing a short 22/23 (I think) spline driveshaft. Sadface.

Picture rape!

Pictorial evidence of Volks (SEE I WASN'T LYING YOU IRISH BADGER)

10062010053.jpg

10062010054.jpg

10062010055.jpg

Engine. Yes that is Dad you see there, undoing the rear engine mount. Or trying to.

19062010055.jpg

Sudden lack of engine about 4 hours later. Ended up just seperating the g'box from engine (stupid battery tray)

19062010056.jpg

19062010057.jpg

Bay after quick wipe down.

20062010058.jpg

Cleaning up the tarbo and gearbox.

20062010059.jpg

20062010060.jpg

Getting the worst of oxidisation off the camcover.

20062010061.jpg

Random shot of the GT looking a bit sad.

20062010062.jpg

After a bit more cleaning. I have to say I'm very, very surprised it's in as good condition as this, considering it was sat on a miniature forest on the Welsh coast for the best part of 3 years

20062010063.jpg

20062010064.jpg

Side shot of the GT after a quick wipe down.

20062010065.jpg

Mai waifu.

20062010067.jpg

Shiny. The actuator refused to be cleaned.

21062010068.jpg

21062010069.jpg

We also had a clean of the bonnet and finally got it out of the bubblewrap, annnddd...

I thought the rest of the car was bad with it's copius amounts of orange peel, but the bonnet, words cannot descibe what a Grade-A nonce the previous owner was for thinking it was a good job after spraying it himself. The paint finish is atrocious. It really is, its horrid. It looks alright from a distance, but get about a foot away from it, and you see everything. Respray will soon be on the cards, once it's running.

pffffffft, i thought u were HOTT!!!! pffffftt but u slight me sir! u slight me!!!

lul i jest, your a handsome man, have u modeled?? hehe

rattle can them babies up, they'd do like that til u can send them off for some proper love. they dont deserve to be in a state of kerbing!

Phil.

LukEP could make u some.

when Rick had mine refurbed, SiCaln had frsh decals made up for mine, he took the design from the original decals. tbh, who's gonna know if them came from a shop in japan, or a shop in England?? makes no odds man, plus LukEp could have them to u in like......0.1 milliseconds.

Phil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much to report on at the moment. Engine is starting to be built back up, we've done as much cleaning as we can be arsed doing :lol:

Got my replacement shifter unit from (dirty) Sanchez today, quickly got the old unit out and the replacement in, allowing me to fit my TRD knob, oh yeaaah! Atm, I'm looking to see if I can get some JPerformance FMIC pipes (Autobahn copy), to replace the bent and missing ones we have. Done as much as I can with the current FMIC core; there seems to be no leaks, and most of the fins have been straightened.

Few goodies from Toyota arrived today, namely new belts, gaskets, and new bolts for the heatshields. Keeping up appearances and all that.

• 1 month later...

New clutch release bearing fitted, and the clutch and gearbox are now on, as in the starter motor. All coming together now.

Engine crane is in Dad's van, hopefully get it dropped in tomorrow!

Piccies:

IMAG0004.jpg

The old clutch!

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

Plenty of meat left

IMAG0005.jpg

Clutch on

No pics of the gearbox on however