thought i'd start a thread in here with some new pics of my new toy!

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

an i love the way the whole car is still plastered in all this jap stuff!!

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

i got no idea what this is though???

DSC00412.jpg

enjoy!

Rich.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first modification update!!

after the first week of just getting used to the extra power and enjoying the smooth ride of the V i decided to get some mods rolling.

the first thing on my list was hunting for that boost problem, which has strangely vanished without a trace!?

took it down to japan motors for them to have a look and no problem was found.

so for now, the first modification had to be some suspension.

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

tanbe shocks and springs... ohh my god!! is this setup awesome!!! you still keep some sort of ride comfort but the handling has improved by miles!! its kinda soft while crusing but stiffens up when you hoon it into some twistys!! awesome!!

heres the visual result... not too low, just the height i wanted it!

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00429.jpg

also fitted my hks super blow off valve... not the ssqv, but one of these -> http://www.blaastperformance.com/img_prod/HKS-super-bov.JPG

(pics coming)

also got these other bits to fit soon...

DSC00425.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

also starting to refurb the wheels as we speak, so they should be ready soon!!

i need to slow down a bit, im doing so much to it sooo quickly.. but i have been hauding parts for about 6 months now!!

also had a bit of misfortune earlier though... at about 70mph my front drivers wheelarch lining was ripped out by the tyre (must have been loose anyway!) which was a bit scary, but ive also had the misfortune that it also ripped the connector off the abs wiring tht is in the arch!!! so ive gotta now rewire that together! GRRRR!!

o well!

Rich.

She looks awesome Rich ;)

Take it easy mate lol watch out for them arches?

Tanabe all the way mate, from a man who knows ;)

Tis a dream to see you back in the game, very reassuring indeed!

Maybe check my thread when you got time mate ;)

I've been busy too...

Peace Out

Joz

Looks alot better now mate get a sound clip or video up of that BOV :D

Was gonna say you gotta loose that pea shooter but then i seen what else you have to go on ;)

Nice bit of progress but also a bit of bad luck aswell hope you get its sorted mate ;)

Keep up the good work ;)

haha same suspension as me! little higher due to the different springs but funny nonetheless!

what springs are they? tanabe springs? how did you find fitting everything?

where did you source em to mate?

rare to see a 98/99 model in the mainland, interesting to see a few subtle differences under the bonnet too ;)

Looks alot better now mate get a sound clip or video up of that BOV :D

Was gonna say you gotta loose that pea shooter but then i seen what else you have to go on :)

Nice bit of progress but also a bit of bad luck aswell hope you get its sorted mate ;)

Keep up the good work ;)

yeah, will do the vid tomorrow night... but i also got a pic of the bov fitted...

bov.jpg

actually sounds really good... really looking forward to getting this exhaust repaired so i can fit it.

watch this space. :D

haha same suspension as me! little higher due to the different springs but funny nonetheless!

what springs are they? tanabe springs? how did you find fitting everything?

where did you source em to mate?

rare to see a 98/99 model in the mainland, interesting to see a few subtle differences under the bonnet too ;)

:D didnt know it was the same eck! as far as i could see they were the tanbe ones... i kinda cheated my wa out of the fitting, as i got them from the company i bought the car from, japanmotors, they came in on a black 97 so i said i wanted them so for some cash and my old springs and shocks he fitted them!

Hay Rich

nice to see you with a glanza buddy i bet your made up.

ill keep a close eye on this little toy

Jim

cheers buddy! yeah i decided that i wanted one about 6 months ago, well after seeing yours in the flesh a few times, i had to own one didnt i!! :D

Nice one dude, i knew you'd have some very tasty plans for her, i too will be keepin a watchful eye on this progress thread! Keep it up dude!

Phil.

cheers buddy. will do. :p

cheers buddy! yeah i decided that i wanted one about 6 months ago, well after seeing yours in the flesh a few times, i had to own one didnt i!! ;)

its been over 6 months mate i sold mine 12monts ago today lol

glad you got one

Jim

after looking at those pics that is a minter ;)

the trials and tribulations of owning a starlet eh

ive checked the sr and i must have ripped out the arch liners years ago mate,

sorry i couldent help there rich,

so are you gona take a tour up to scotland mate???

let me know

boost guage repaired and fitted.

DSC00439.jpg

yeah eks... i want a fan of the bov to start with (its growing on me though)... i was looking everywhere for a greddy type s jobbie, but theyre either impossable to find or real expensive... and this one was at a bargain price, so i'll probably upgrade at a later date.

@geo

no worries mate, i figured you must have had them out ages ago... cant really get the time off work to do that at the minute mate...(as ive just taken 3 weeks off!) maybe in a couple of months. ;)

i'll keep you informed!

cheers for the feedback guys!

Rich.

you guys are gonna be sick of this thread soon!

i when out on lunch break today to take some better photos, so here we are!

DSC00445.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00446.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

also started work on my wheels today, so i should have them filled, painted and ready for tires by the end of friday!

Rich.