• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B)B) I swear, im not lyin richard, i dont like u..AT ALL!!!!..STOP SENDING ME MESSAGES!!!!!! :lol::D Im so very jealous, im not even gonna lie! That looks absolutley stunning mate, the contrast between the wheels and body, the angle of the exhaust, the tail lights, and she's just so bloody clean! Absolutley MINT! So chuffed for u mate!

Phil.

jsut to let you know mate, jasma is just a certification stamp, just means it conforms to jap noise/emissions regs, i.e its quite restrictive (same stamp as mine), but this also helps prevent dreaded boost creep as it provides some much needed back pressure :lol:

wheels look much better on the car mate. interesting choice of tyre size. personally im a fan of 195/50R15's but on my 14's i'll be using 185/60R14 so that the rolling radius is the same. any smaller and i think i'd have rubbing issues on speed bumps etc, with the 60 profile on the 14's it sits perfect and hasn't rubbed on any speed hump unless they're stupid.

in regards to the clutch, just to let you know, you can either go standard or get a paddle. the 'uprated' organic jobbies that are floating about are just standard pressure plates (i.e standard clutch basically) unless its a PROPER organic uprated exedy (pink pressure plate/casing etc, usually around £250 + if they're the proper ones).

I'm in the same boat, pondering going paddle, just because they're awesome.

wow scutch looks friggin amazing!!!

loving the look of that exhaust... its one of them exhaust where you wanna keep taking pics of the back end.

cheers bud! yeah, tell me about it!! the only annoying thing about the exhaust is that its soooo quiet! but when it gets hot it burbles quite nicely... but i love it for its looks!

I swear, im not lyin richard, i dont like you..AT ALL!!!!..STOP SENDING ME MESSAGES!!!!!! Im so very jealous, im not even gonna lie! That looks absolutley stunning mate, the contrast between the wheels and body, the angle of the exhaust, the tail lights, and she's just so bloody clean! Absolutley MINT! So chuffed for you mate!

Phil.

:lol:B) cheers buddy, its been a long time coming, glad you like it... trust me bud... it aint as clean as yours!! :p

love the angled exhaust mate and der some bloody sweet pics you took... Mart...

cheers buddy.

Nice going Rich!!!

Everythings moving in the right direction...

Rims look unique and individual which is a good thing!

Now if I can get 4efte, I'll catch up with ya!!!

Peace Out

Joz

:D thanks bud.

jsut to let you know mate, jasma is just a certification stamp, just means it conforms to jap noise/emissions regs, i.e its quite restrictive (same stamp as mine), but this also helps prevent dreaded boost creep as it provides some much needed back pressure B)

wheels look much better on the car mate. interesting choice of tyre size. personally im a fan of 195/50R15's but on my 14's i'll be using 185/60R14 so that the rolling radius is the same. any smaller and i think i'd have rubbing issues on speed bumps etc, with the 60 profile on the 14's it sits perfect and hasn't rubbed on any speed hump unless they're stupid.

in regards to the clutch, just to let you know, you can either go standard or get a paddle. the 'uprated' organic jobbies that are floating about are just standard pressure plates (i.e standard clutch basically) unless its a PROPER organic uprated exedy (pink pressure plate/casing etc, usually around £250 + if they're the proper ones).

I'm in the same boat, pondering going paddle, just because they're awesome.

yeah, i did wonder that... plus that would explain why its not that loud... cheers for that eks. B) unfortunately im still getting boost creep with the standard airbox on anyway which is annoying :D so at the mo im running a cone filter.. (as it doesnt suffer from it with the cone, but i prefer the way it drives with the box on) do you have any idea why it would do it with the standard airbox on? as its baffling me at the mo? the standard filter in the box is a little dirty, but i didnt think it would cause that would it? plus, it makes .8 bar with the box on, but only .7 max with the cone on.

i keep getting code 34 on the engine management light with the box on. before the light comes on it feels like it has restriction on it.... and bogs down asif something is holding it back, its not like fuel cut, its still revving, but but feels as if its becoming REALLY laggy... any ideas anyone?

also i keep getting a screaming noise when booting it as it revs over 5500rpm? anyone know what it is? i think its coming from around the turbo area, but i could be wrong. and its not any belts before anyone asks.

the tyre size im using is 195/50/r15 bud... i must admit the pirelli's do look a tad high compared to the falkens at the back though.

well ive got a standard replacment clutch for the meantine as im not planning on going silly with it yet, so it'll do for the meantime.

cheers for all the comments and sorry for the essay!

Rich.

plus got another couple of pics to share...

PA080089.jpg

PA080100.jpg

mmm, your manifold might be cracked?

maybe take the manifold cover off and have an inspection, if your getting a screaming noise coming from around the turbo there must be some leakage somewhere maybe? not too sure,

been thinking about this and its bafled me abit??

solved the probem yesterday, took most of the inlet side off, boost pipes, actuator hose, also took the amni cover off and there was no crack.

cleaned everything. gaskets an all.

put it all back together and problem solved. its now running .6-.65 bar instead of .8-.9 bar.

sorted.

roll on performance mods!

Rich.

cheers mate. :p yeah, i know the exhaust does look a bit smaller in real life, but i kinda like it that way!

got my armrest fitted the other day, curtesy of jaystar (cheers bud!)

i'll get a pic up.

does anyone know what bulb the front fog light uses? as i'd like to uprate them, but i have never seen anything like it before! anyone know the bulb code number? h4 for example?

DSC00456.jpg

also, does anyone have any ideas on what make my exhaust is?

eks told me that the 'jasma sr' was just the jap noise level restrictions, if so what make is it!?!?

DSC00551.jpg

DSC00550.jpg

Rich.

Hey Rich!

I have that JASMA skizzle on my tanabe backbox, the tanabe logo is elsewhere on the other underside.

If there are no other logos, I think it would be hard to tell mate! There is a code on it, but it may not help!

17082006660.jpg

2.jpg

Peace Out

Joz

• 5 weeks later...

I dunno how you guys manage to take shots directly into the sun?!? My camera shit's itself if I point it anywhere near the damn thing!

Maybe I just can't get the exposure between my car being black and the incredibly bright ball of fire in the sky!

Not a huge fan of the NP surround but great shots mate -- car looks very well!

cheers guys. yeah, i wasnt too keen on the n/p surrounds, but i got given them with the car and it was important to get the car looking as factory fresh as i could for a certain photoshoot. :unsure:

which i shall explain more of later!

@lobotomy, it took me a while trying with the other photos to get them looking right (as you can see most of them came out crap!), but the last one was just a quick snap, as a car was driving down the road where i had parked up!

Rich.