• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah you don't want loud exhausts -- My HKS system just burble when Idling, then when you open it up on the road it sounds good! There's a 1.4 MG ZR on my street that's about 10x as loud as mine, sounds good, but just too loud!

The OEM exhaust route is torturous! That centre box looks quite small -- That's my lowest point on the car... always scrapes ove speedbumps unless I'm doing 1mph

Nah you don't want loud exhausts -- My HKS system just burble when Idling, then when you open it up on the road it sounds good! There's a 1.4 MG ZR on my street that's about 10x as loud as mine, sounds good, but just too loud!

The OEM exhaust route is torturous! That centre box looks quite small -- That's my lowest point on the car... always scrapes ove speedbumps unless I'm doing 1mph

cheers guys. loving the sound its great when it gets warmed up.

yeah, its a rea bad routing, but i think its pretty good for backpressure plus that backbox of mine must be really restrictive as on starup it sounds standard!

centre box? nah, got them to do away with that!! only things on the system are 1) the cat, (not for long!) 2) the flexipeice, 3) the back box.

ok a lil update, changed my plugs yesterday, (cheers graeme mate ;) ) what a difference! feels so much smoother, the old ones looked ok, but o well. (gaps look bigger on the old ones though??)

DSC00719.jpg

also had a peek inside the top mount to see if there was much oil floating around in there, as i remember someone saying its a good way of seeing if the turbo's throwing out any oil.

DSC00718.jpg

theres a little oil, but seems ok! what do you guys think?

also got a few little bits thru the post, but only fitted one for the meantime, just something small.

DSC00717.jpg

hks oil cap, matches my bov too!

another update should be on its way in the week, as im off all week, so i might give it a good clean for some pics!

just sein all your new mods, yea those rims look exceedingly better than what id thought they look like, and i changed my plugs on my old v after a major service making a big difference,

looking good mate :)

sorted the cat out the other day...

before....

DSC00726.jpg

check out the heavy restriction

DSC00727.jpg

during....

DSC00728.jpg

after....

DSC00729.jpg

feels loads better after a ecu reset. i found no increase in boost though... which was a bit strange as i know afew people that have had an increase.

Does it feel any quicker?

I wanted to do this to the SR too but it won't pass MOT so its not really worth it for us n/a boys (Unless you've a spare cat)

Also that tin cover is always a b**tard!! I've had to snap the last two off due to the nuts being fcuked thats why we need a new one right now!

well i doubt it'll make as much difference for you n/a boys, but it does feel better all round really. faster is a bit of a overused term, it defo feels much more responsive, and spools up faster... its also much louder!

• 3 weeks later...

did a little bits to it the other day. fitted my old ecu back in after the no difference the 96 ecu made.

also got this off ebay.

DSC00768.jpg

DSC00769.jpg

its a lamco 43mm boost guage. i suspected my greddy one wasnt reading right. so fitted this. nice little addition with its own rubber pod.

also ive noticed that the rubber bonnet seal at the front of the bonnet could be restricting airflow to the airbox intake.

so i cut a small length off to allow cold air flow to the airbox. made a nice difference.. it actually started boosting higher too!!

DSC00770.jpg

DSC00771.jpg