yeah, just won a set of alloys that im even more happy with than the set posted above. got at a good price too!

as soon as i get them they'll be in for a refurb.

what do ya think? glossblack for winter rims?? or something a bit more in ya face?

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once again "Challenge Scutch0" has risen to the DIY challenge, this installment bein an UBER gauge pod!

damn man im so impressed with that, great work!!!

shame about the rims man...as for a winter colour, gloss black would be sexy, but some IN YER FACE never goes amiss either, maybe bright orange?? purple? british racing green (not very in yer face), rainbow effect (each spoke a different colour) :p:(:p :P :lol:how gay would that look lol!!!

Phil.

winter wheels progress

ok guys i finally got my hands on a decent set of winter wheels. theyre one of my all time favorite wheel designs the OZ f1 cup!

found at a steal of a price with brand new tyres and in very good condition considering the price. theyre et37 offset so theyre almost perfect, only problem is they have a 195/55/r15 profile... so im a little worried about clearance on the rear drivers arch as i have no adjustable panhard rod.

pics:

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

they will obviously be coming in for a refurb (as always) going to go a darker gloss charcoal colour i think... so instead of leaving everyone in the dark i thought i'd do a wheels refurb progress in here too.

• 3 weeks later...

wheel refurb update 1

well got started refurbing these wheels this morning as the other wheels have finally sold.

these are so far the easiest refurbs ive done yet... the paint is so thick that there is no damage what so ever to the metal itself!

chose the colour im going for this time last night... should be a little different again, hit them with the primer this morning after the rub down... i actually quite like them im grey primer!! :)

pics in primer

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00151.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

more pics to follow later this week with a secret update coming up!

@ si: i do admit i dont post on here as much, i do visit the site almost every day, but i dont post very often. a few reasons for that, 1) very busy if im not at work 2) getting very frustrated with the car so i try and ignore its problems as most of my time is spent in technical. but yea, im ok.

@ shelly: yes the weather will eat my red rims alive as the alloy edge is not laqured, so hopefully these should be on in a months time just ready for the bad weather!

seats update

ok guys the secret update was some seats, i actually got the idea from rob blower at jae after seeing his (sorry for the copy mate!) i found myself a set of fto seats, piece of piss to fab some brackets and weld on, they fit and feel perfect!

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

they still need a bit of a clean, but they feel great, a massive improvement over the standards. (my old seats will be reappearing in another members starlet shortly)

i'll get some good pics when they've been cleaned.